Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

gone light here, but the sky looks full of it. lets hope this streamer cranks up again

Am probably on the last heavy burst, heavy here still.

Posted

looking on the rain today radar, the snow showers out in the noth sea look to be building up, will they hit the humber area cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Light snow in Queensbury and i am hoping for a bit more. The heavy stuff is all sliding just a few miles to my east... come on come on move west a bit... pleeeeeease :whistling:

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Come to the hills if you want real drifts, we already have lanes blocked and we haven't got started yet!

Posted

A few heavy-ish bursts for 15 mins with small flakes here. Now heavier with bigger flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

snows lifting and blowing wildly and the visibility is so very poor. i think tonights snow may have been underestimated.

I agree mate....... Great aint it:drinks:

Posted

Winds now switching to more NE towards the coast, eventually ending up E.N.E. by tomorrow, some beefy showers for Yorks and Lincs overnight (looking at sat24 data), more esp as the wind picks up and drives them further inland later on in the night and in the morning.

Posted

Took these pics 20 minutes ago, the snow is coming down nicely, about 3cm has fallen post-8968-12629795824242_thumb.jpg post-8968-12629795947242_thumb.jpg

Posted

Winds now switching to more NE towards the coast, eventually ending up E.N.E. by tomorrow, some beefy showers for Yorks and Lincs overnight (looking at sat24 data), more esp as the wind picks up and drives them further inland later on in the night and in the morning.

will these showers keep continuing because the snow atm is ace.

Posted

Took these pics 20 minutes ago, the snow is coming down nicely, about 3cm has fallen post-8968-12629795824242_thumb.jpg post-8968-12629795947242_thumb.jpg

WOW fantastic pics, all you need now is some cadburys buttons and some cake sprinkles and you have yourself some lovely home made cakes :blush: yum yum

Posted

Snowing nicely here too for a while, this snow seems to be just sliding diagonally down over us...like a streamer i guess.

Posted

the bbc forecast i have seen for sunday seem to play down the chances of any snow for lincs but for our dear old paul hudson he has forecast snow showers, which do we think is right?

Posted

Snowing nicely here too for a while, this snow seems to be just sliding diagonally down over us...like a streamer i guess.

That was my first thought, when I looked at the Rain Today Radar.

It's been chucking down here and I'd say we've had a couple more centimetres of snow out of this lot, so far :whistling:

Posted

got an extra 1-2cm here.

Dont think its a true streamer though. doesnt seem to be affecting the same area for the whole period..

the bbc forecast i have seen for sunday seem to play down the chances of any snow for lincs but for our dear old paul hudson he has forecast snow showers, which do we think is right?

Down south there is a weather front, so they will get the most persistant snow on sunday. But further north with strong cold easterly winds, there will be plenty of showers pushing inland...

Posted

will these showers keep continuing because the snow atm is ace.

There's another band coming in of the N.Sea and providing the precipitation dosn't weaken it has your name on it :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Not as heavy now,

but still happy with fresh covering of a couple of cms :whistling:

Posted

Paul i think and hopefully. i wouldn't be surprised to see snow showers coming into our region. just a thought. bbc don't show any snow here, but there snow graphics are crap

Posted

Activity in the north sea seems to be building again with showers merging. Still from the north east but increasingly more east, particularly the south of our region.

Posted

Evening lewis. I have just taken a look at-will it rain today ? site. Noticed a lot of clouds building in the north sea. Do you think that shower will hit us in the next couple of hours as it seems to be heading towards Hull ? Thanks in advance.

Posted

Evening lewis. I have just taken a look at-will it rain today ? site. Noticed a lot of clouds building in the north sea. Do you think that shower will hit us in the next couple of hours as it seems to be heading towards Hull ? Thanks in advance.

Hey Tinker,

It's looking very promising tonight and during the early hours as we pick up an ENE wind. The North Sea is packed with showers and judging by the latest satellite imagery there is a lot on the way, whether or not that shower hits us is another thing, but i doubt it. Just keep looking East/North East now :D

Lewis

Posted

From looking at the NW radar the showers building should hit W Yorkshire, Hitting the coast in same area as the last lot that hit us. I'm an absolute novice but would i be right in thinking this?