Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & E Anglia Cold Spell Discussion Part 2

Posted

I think too may people believe in what they see on forecasts like the BBC. A forecast is never going to be correct and there is plenty of times even this winter when theyve got their forecasts wrong. TEITS has been right every single time this winter so I cant see him being wrong again, the models are suggesting it too

The snow over in the continent is really catching up with the stuff over Kent, this is a good sign and should help push everything further west and north.......

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

lets hope i see daylight snow..its always happenend at night

Posted

OMGosh totally blizzard like conditions here in Ipswich for the last 15 mins or so, is this set to contiune?, this is great to watch, but i really need to be able to get to my mums tonight after work, no heating at my place!

Posted

OMGosh totally blizzard like conditions here in Ipswich for the last 15 mins or so, is this set to contiune?, this is great to watch, but i really need to be able to get to my mums tonight after work, no heating at my place!

according to the meto its going to be there for a few hrs yet

Posted

It might for a while. Im looking at the band currently over the Benelux countries, that is our main focus for tonight

Posted

Just a quick reminder to remember that the snowfall tonight which should arrive IMBY around midnight will be mainly light. The heavier snow is likely during Sunday evening into Monday as the winds veer E,ly.

Fax chart shows the front across our region tomorrow morning.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack0.gif

Im thinking tonight will mainly consist of dark blues on the radar but we may get lucky and get a few greens in places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

All fairly quiet on the Eastern side of MK at the moment, although it is starting to cloud over after a relatively sunny morning.

We had a sprinkle overninght, slightly more than I expected and looks as if it was larger flakes than we had earlier in the evening, looked like someone had pressed the refresh button !

I've just noticed there is an avian attack going on outside with seagulls, looks like something from Hitchcocks 'The Birds' I assume they are flying round more because the lakes are frozen over ?ph34r.gif

Posted

Just a quick reminder to remember that the snowfall tonight which should arrive IMBY around midnight will be mainly light. The heavier snow is likely during Sunday evening into Monday as the winds veer E,ly.

Fax chart shows the front across our region tomorrow morning.

http://www.wetterzen...pics/brack0.gif

Im thinking tonight will mainly consist of dark blues on the radar but we may get lucky and get a few greens in places.

It will happen because you are always right in these situations! I expect flash warnings for our part of EA

Posted

according to the meto its going to be there for a few hrs yet

total white out here in the east side of ipswich

Posted

We've now been in a blizzard for the last hour. It is truely phenominal snowfall at the moment. I hope this is heading in your directions, because if it is EA is in for snowmaggedon.

Posted

What is a blizzard?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

We've now been in a blizzard for the last hour. It is truely phenominal snowfall at the moment. I hope this is heading in your directions, because if itL is EA is in for snowmaggedon.

Yes indeed, it's been pretty heavy here,although a bit lighter as I type this; it's fascinating to watch both out of the window and developing on the radar.

Looks like Felixstowe is getting hammered yet again too! :shok:

Edited by Chalk Serpent

Posted

What is everyones thoughts for snow in buckinghamshire i.e high wycombe over the weekend

You should see some, but how much is uncertain, I would guess 5-10cm for you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

I've kept this useful site open in another window on my desktop for a few hours

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

very interesting to watch developments..

the westerly component of the front aproaching is definitely there, building up showers over the channel. Despite posters being amazed the wind is from the NE, the upper front formed by the movement north of a massive low centrered over northern Italy has has the westerly component as it rotates anticlockwise.. Snow in the east is here to stay for a while yet with maybe a brief rest bite before another band moves in from our friends east of us in the near continent.

Looks like it may snow IMBY in 3 hours :shok:

Edited by shadowcat

Posted

Gusting wind and light to moderately heavy snow here - small flakes but a lot of them. Actually, it's getting much heavier as I type! Temperature hovering around 0 to -1C.

Stowmarket Tescos was packed out this morning. Extremely busy and long queues at all the tills but it all looked under control and nothing seemed in short supply.

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Moderate snow here, as recent picture. Fence is about 15 metres from lens at largest distance.

post-11059-12630468535442_thumb.jpg