Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

You are a poet, and you didn't even know it.

Your post was brill, nothing run of the mill.

I think I will leave it there.

ha, lol, we could team up....we would make a great double act like....... Morcombe and Wise,,,,, The two Ronnies? French and Saunders? little and Large? (well it is just after xmas lol) or the chuckle brothers?

ha, lol, we could team up....we would make a great double act like....... Morcombe and Wise,,,,, The two Ronnies? French and Saunders? little and Large? (well it is just after xmas lol) or the chuckle brothers?

:cold:

Posted

Her and me have been in the buiz for years - your song was very creative - Liza (my gfriend) has had a few misses as well with the big fame thing - been to america and entertained 22,000 in one go in ohio alongside jefferson starship/airplane - worked with shirley bassey's musical director and jethro the comedian - it's run of the mill when you make a living in the music buisness I suppose - but still exciting stuff - I love my weather hobbies too though!

lol, you don't have to be kind, I am a much better Therapist that anything creative..... I know this.

Wow a great life you and Liza have had by the sounds of it. I love singing and often blowdry my hair with the hairbrush as a microphone, I think it must be the background noise of the hair dryer that spoils it. lol

Yes fingers crossed joe is right..... My son is called Joe so I have COMPLETE and utter faith in JOE...

No need to keep praying - I believe in Joe B's lay out of the rest of the winter and winters to come so snow will never be far away over the coming 2 months + if he's right and I think he's onto something the next couple of decades we'll have further winters like this one so we won't be so snow starved in the future

Posted

When I popped in the wales thread to see if it would snow

I came across some poetry from a girl call alijoe

Although her words were wonderful and sounded rather grand

I wish she'd stay on topic

as next time she'll be banned :cold:

Only Joking :)

Posted

When I popped in the wales thread to see if it would snow

I came across some poetry from a girl call alijoe

Although her words were wonderful and sounded rather grand

I wish she'd stay on topic

as next time she'll be banned laugh.gif

Only Joking biggrin.gif

rofl..... i like it,,,,, NOT alot...... But I like it... lol

If you would have watched me last night, I was ALL on topic,, snow , snow and more snow... but tonight ... SNOW way back.

Posted

If you would have watched me last night, I was ALL on topic,, snow , snow and more snow... but tonight ... SNOW way back.

Nice one Ali - just to let you know - I've just sent an e-mail to Joe B - praising his weather forecasting and global warming statements - also his telling off of the met office for not warning the country enough to get the councils to stockpile enough grit - and letting him know he has a following here in Wales and to keep up the good work - it's always nice to praise someone when they are doing a good job - it's too easy to go slagging someone off when things are going bad - but we tend to moan more than we praise!

I've found that in my career - praise from a job well done is almost worth more than the financial rewards(but you do need that mind to pay the bills)

Edited by andymusic

Posted

You should have joined us in the Yorkshire thread; it's been snowing most of the evening here :cold:

Posted

You should have joined us in the Yorkshire thread; it's been snowing most of the evening here smile.gif

It's ok we got more than enough here - 3ft+

just a heads up (off topic) - some fraud toe rags are now getting credit/debit card details from actual machines you use to pay for your purchases in stores - read article here - http://money.uk.msn....entid=151697148

god knows how you avoid that problem - back to cash i think!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

It's ok we got more than enough here - 3ft+

I have about 1cm, despite the fact that it's been snowing for the past few hours. I think you guys stole our

precipitation :cold:

Posted

You should have joined us in the Yorkshire thread; it's been snowing most of the evening here smile.gif

Trust me,,, I would have joined you all at the Pub let alone the thread if I knew it was snowing their.....

Posted

I have about 1cm, despite the fact that it's been snowing for the past few hours. I think you guys stole our

precipitation smile.gif

Yes - I think we were right in the "sweet spot" and it absolutely chucked it down for 15 hours+ never seen anything like it really - will be lucky to get out of our country lane tomorrow by car - possibly friday I suppose!

Posted

Nice one Ali - just to let you know - I've just sent an e-mail to Joe B - praising his weather forecasting and global warming statements - also his telling off of the met office for not warning the country enough to get the councils to stockpile enough grit - and letting him know he has a following here in Wales and to keep up the good work - it's always nice to praise someone when they are doing a good job - it's too easy to go slagging someone off when things are going bad - but we tend to moan more than we praise!

I've found that in my career - praise from a job well done is almost worth more than the financial rewards(but you do need that mind to pay the bills)

Well done Andy, I agree. Being a Therapist it is the times people thank you for helping them that is worth more than the money.... and I agree, we don't praise people enough although I have to say I always try to. x

Posted

Yes - I think we were right in the "sweet spot" and it absolutely chucked it down for 15 hours+ never seen anything like it really - will be lucky to get out of our country lane tomorrow by car - possibly friday I suppose!

Yeh, I live down a country lane too, so I know what you mean. I had the same problem last week.

I wouldn't change it, though, as I don't think you can beat living in the country :wallbash:

Posted

precipitation smile.gif

It was like that for sooo many last night, but it carried on all through the night and I think everyone was totally shocked.... Don't worry, probably happen to you too.

Posted

Yeh, I live down a country lane too, so I know what you mean. I had the same problem last week.

I wouldn't change it, though, as I don't think you can beat living in the country good.gif

Totally - wouldn't want to live in London for all the tea in China or all the money in the bank of England (mmmmmmm I might have to think about the second one though - very hard)

Posted

It was like that for sooo many last night, but it carried on all through the night and I think everyone was totally shocked.... Don't worry, probably happen to you too.

It's dying out here Ali, so 1cm looks like being my total for tonight. I wasn't expecting much, so I'm not

disappointed at all :wallbash:

Posted

If i won the lottery... i would buy a place somewhere like switzerland or Austria so I could spend all the winter their. I would love that.

Good luck Yorkshire, hope you get the snow we had last night.... Plenty for everyone and hopefully more to come. I have some relatives in Yorshire, in Sheffield. Wish I had some in some snowy alpine resort as well. lol

Posted

off to bed now - night night Ali & Grab my graupel - see yas in the morning and the new models - and possibility of a cold easterly for next week

If i won the lottery... i would buy a place somewhere like switzerland or Austria so I could spend all the winter their. I would love that.

Good luck Yorkshire, hope you get the snow we had last night.... Plenty for everyone and hopefully more to come. I have some relatives in Yorshire, in Sheffield. Wish I had some in some snowy alpine resort as well. lol

I was looking at a sking hoilday for us in Austria this morning and that's one of my dreams too - already been to Schladming - Zell am Zee and Elmau - we went to the cairngorms two years ago - drove all the way there - 9 hours

Posted

Thanks, good luck to you too. The Models are suggesting that another cold blast could be on the way,

so we might not have to wait too long :wallbash:

Night :wallbash:

Posted

It's dying out here Ali, so 1cm looks like being my total for tonight. I wasn't expecting much, so I'm not

disappointed at all smile.gif

Aww well it is nice when it is unexpected... nothing worse when you are all excited, prepared and waiting for it and NOTHING... lol Still you never know, last night it stopped and started for alot of people, theywere really shocked in the morning.... most from the south west thread. rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

I wouldn't change it, though, as I don't think you can beat living in the country good.gif

Same here! Its so nice to wake up in the morning and look out the window and see fields and hills and trees clap.gif and listening to the birds singing. My mum was born and raised in the Brecon Beacons but moved down here 25years ago when she met my Dad (whos from Inner Cardiff, Spoltt area however you spell it lol) and she said where we are at the moment is the closest she could get to the city, wouldnt want to live any closer. Can hear the A470 and M4 here which spoils it a little bit. I live in a real nice location because Im only 6-7miles out of Cardiff City Centre but in a nice rural area smile.gif

Posted

Same here! Its so nice to wake up in the morning and look out the window and see fields and hills and trees clap.gif and listening to the birds singing. My mum was born and raised in the Brecon Beacons but moved down here 25years ago when she met my Dad (whos from Inner Cardiff, Spoltt area however you spell it lol) and she said where we are at the moment is the closest she could get to the city, wouldnt want to live any closer. Can hear the A470 and M4 here which spoils it a little bit. I live in a real nice location because Im only 6-7miles out of Cardiff City Centre but in a nice rural area smile.gif

Country = quality of life beats quantity of cash in bank - unless you have both of course

Posted

off to bed now - night night Ali & Grab my graupel - see yas in the morning and the new models - and possibility of a cold easterly for next week

I was looking at a sking hoilday for us in Austria this morning and that's one of my dreams too - already been to Schladming - Zell am Zee and Elmau - we went to the cairngorms two years ago - drove all the way there - 9 hours

went to zell am zee 2 years ago... it was wonderful... been to france couple of times but i loved austria.

night night. sweet dreams.