Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

went to zell am zee 2 years ago... it was wonderful... been to france couple of times but i loved austria.

night night. sweet dreams.

I really want to go to Europe skiing but never been given the chance. Im going to Vermont in a few weeks so should be fun n cold ofcorse cold.gif

Night too:)

Posted

well I can officially report it's still flippin freezin cold and there's loads of snow still all over - so much so I don't think I'll be getting out in my car today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Still snow everywhere although it is melting as temps stayed above freezing all night. School still closed because of the snow today though, but still have to go in for exam! i think there will be a lot of thawing today and most of it will be gone by tomorrow! temp says 1.7C :S

Posted

we had a man that can clearing our track with a 3ton digger for 2 hours last night so we can finaly get out roll on spring!!!

Posted

we had a man that can clearing our track with a 3ton digger for 2 hours last night so we can finaly get out roll on spring!!!

winter has a long way to go yet - at least 2 months - more blizzards could well occur between now and then

Edited by andymusic

Posted

winter has a long way to go yet - at least 2 months - more blizzards could well occur between now and then

Give me a week to recover then back on the snow quest lol

Posted

6 degrees here and cloudy a bit of fog coming down ,i will be gutted to see the snow go cant wait for the next batch sooner rather than later i hope!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Home for the exam, and still a fair bit of snow but all ice and slush on paths. Snow is melting though and going icy :S

Clear blue skies and sun here, the snow is melting in the sun but I don't see much melt in the shade. Still feels very cold.

Saturday looks very wet though... that should obliterate the snow. Could be some flooding in places with the snow melt and frozen ground.

nmm-1-46-0.png?14-13

There's something strangely comforting about the resumation of normal service, as much as I like snow and cold... like seeing an old friend.

Edited by Barb-

Posted

Hi could someone please tell me what the road conditions are like around brecon, as we are supposed to be traveling down from scotland tomorrow.Thanks

Snow should be loosening it's grip by then so roads should be reasonably ok - just be a bit careful that's all - by saturday it should have all but gone with a big snow melt and floods!

Just been for a walk down our country lane which is still cut off up to the main rd which is also a mess and there are some brave souls about on the roads and some even braver souls (and in my opinion - idiots) who are going up and even sillier down the Graig or as i have named it the Graigerhorn - rather them than me that's all I can say - they are slippin and sliding - I'm very surprised someone hasn't had a very bad accident yet - some are getting to the top of the Graig and thinking better of it and turning around. NASTY!!!!!!!!!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Very substantial thaw here atm lost about 40% snow cover its alot milder today currenty 4 degrees.

Posted

Hi Guys

Just to let you know the Regional Threads will be Closed at around Midnight tonight and a General Cold Spell Discussion for the Whole Uk Will be Opened at the same time.

Regards

Paul S

Posted

Temp dropped about an hour ago to 0 and it turned very misty now its dropped further and we have thick thick fog here.

Posted

In my last post i ment home from the exam not home for the exam! lol. Went out with my sister earlier and built a snowman, and i made a smaller one on the table lol and froze my fingers off! Will miss this thread when it goes, i've enjoyed reading everyones posts! Hope one opens when the next cold spell comes!!

Posted

Nice one Ali - just to let you know - I've just sent an e-mail to Joe B - praising his weather forecasting and global warming statements - also his telling off of the met office for not warning the country enough to get the councils to stockpile enough grit - and letting him know he has a following here in Wales and to keep up the good work - it's always nice to praise someone when they are doing a good job - it's too easy to go slagging someone off when things are going bad - but we tend to moan more than we praise!

I've found that in my career - praise from a job well done is almost worth more than the financial rewards(but you do need that mind to pay the bills)

Trouble is andy you missing the point, the reason councils are not keeping stock is simple cost grit is up to 50 pound a tonne , average run uses 80 tonne in snowy weather 2 runs .Simple as that cost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Still quite a bit of snow around here, fields still have a decent 3-4cm. Roads are clear now, still a bit slushy. Widespread Fog this evening.

Posted

Still quite a bit of snow around here, fields still have a decent 3-4cm. Roads are clear now, still a bit slushy. Widespread Fog this evening.

still cut off here - i expect we'll get out somehow tomorrow

Posted

Weatheronline gives snow for wales tues wednesday away from the coasts,wonder what charts do they use they have been pretty accurate so far this winter.

Posted

Weatheronline gives snow for wales tues wednesday away from the coasts,wonder what charts do they use they have been pretty accurate so far this winter.

Think they run with each GFS run

Posted

I plan on traveling up to the midlands on Saturday using the M4 M50 route to Pershore and Evesham, anyone got a rough assessment on current conditions and likely road conditions for Saturday?

Edited by Avain

Temp dropped about an hour ago to 0 and it turned very misty now its dropped further and we have thick thick fog here.

Misty tonight, surprising how much of a thaw there was overnight.

Currently front garden sill covered in snow, back garden about 75% covered, the strange thing is there is full cover away fro the house. Roads much clearer now. Where there was snow before Tuesday, it has tended to stick but where there wasn't it hasn't stayed.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I plan on traveling up to the midlands on Saturday using the M4 M50 route to Pershore and Evesham, anyone got a rough assessment on current conditions and likely road conditions for Saturday?

A doddle might be a bit wet though.

Where there was snow before Tuesday, it has tended to stick but where there wasn't it hasn't stayed.

Same here most of the fresh and therefore unfrozen snow has disappeared.

Currently 0.6c and misty. A good 3 inches still left though.