Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2010

Jane Louise

Posted

I got my storm Yay:D:drunk:

But I shall still be around to see who's left in TNSC :-Good Luck everyone else biggrin.gif

blink.gif

"Jane Louise" and "I got my storm" do not fit in the same sentence. But congrats anyway and about bloody time too. yahoo.gif

Here in Solihull, what looked like a dead cert for a storm turned out to be a false dawn with only heavy rain but could hear very distant thunder to my north west.

Does this mean then that new NSC ownership is coming? wink.gif

Phil.

Posted

Just out of interest, if I book a hotel or stay with a friend in a more likely to be hit part of the country next outbreak then can I leave this club or is that classed as cheating? :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Just out of interest, if I book a hotel or stay with a friend in a more likely to be hit part of the country next outbreak then can I leave this club or is that classed as cheating? :p

Lol, hmmmmm,Is best you get a storm in your own area lol:lol:

blink.gif

"Jane Louise" and "I got my storm" do not fit in the same sentence. But congrats anyway and about bloody time too. yahoo.gif

Here in Solihull, what looked like a dead cert for a storm turned out to be a false dawn with only heavy rain but could hear very distant thunder to my north west.

Does this mean then that new NSC ownership is coming? wink.gif

Phil.

Thank you Phil:D

It wasn't a very big storm but it was good enough.

Here's a suggestion.

How would you like to be a partner with me in the NSC and manage it with me, I say this as I need to keep running this club due to being told its good therapy for me lol (long story)

Let me know, then we can sort something at :) In the meantime, Good luck with a storm:)

Posted

After waiting over 10 months for a single flash of lightning or rumble of thunder I was finally rewarded with a 15-minute storm in Norwich yesterday, a few loud rumbles, but a storm none-the-less :p

Posted

After waiting over 10 months for a single flash of lightning or rumble of thunder I was finally rewarded with a 15-minute storm in Norwich yesterday, a few loud rumbles, but a storm none-the-less :)

Congratulations Yay!:lol: Here's to more storms( hopefully tomorrow ).:p

Posted

So has Jane-Louise now had a storm?!! My God have you picked yourself off the floor yet? LOL!

Not even a drop of rain in BA 12 this weekend : yesterday a few sharp showers missed by a few miles and nothing came remotely near until the late afternoon when some heavy showers moved in from the Bristol Channel but they stayed approx 20 miles to the N then E/NE!

An ironic occurence yesterday : my fiancé and I took a day out to Sidmouth. At 13.00 - 13.30ish the only shower anywhere in England was over Sidmouth!! Thankfully it cleared to hot sunshine for us to sit on the beach later!

Our turn tomorrow, Andy - was practically bone dry here as well all weekend in RG14

Posted

I certainly hope so Joneseye!

Haven't seen a decent flash of lightning since 2008 and only heard 4 rumbles of thunder throughout the whole of 2009!!

Posted

Congratulations Yay!:lol: Here's to more storms( hopefully tomorrow ).:p

I'd offer to help you out in the NSC Jane Louise - but look at the jinx it put on you last year!!!! :)

Posted

I'd offer to help you out in the NSC Jane Louise - but look at the jinx it put on you last year!!!! :rofl:

I'll think I'll pass on that one lol:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just seen we have a weather watch for slow moving thunderstorms tomorrow, so maybe with a bit of luck i will be able to leave the club tomorrow?! Fingers crossed :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

THE WORST possible summer weather here. Drizzly, very overcast and humid. No chance of storms this week, so nearly three years and counting for me :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im not convinced either Lynxus. Was expecting lots of showers around here today but nothing more than the odd light shower. Another non event me thinks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Im not convinced either Lynxus. Was expecting lots of showers around here today but nothing more than the odd light shower. Another non event me thinks.

Its certainly looking that way,

There were talks that it will die down early on in the evening, So if something doesnt happen soon we may see nothing.

Posted

THE WORST possible summer weather here. Drizzly, very overcast and humid. No chance of storms this week, so nearly three years and counting for me :-(

*holds* its ok I'm nearly in my fourth year without a storm, we should get medals for being alive after that tme.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Looks like game over today.

Shame, Some good convection here but never amounts to anything.

Theres something pushing up from the south and seems to be killing off the showers.

I actually thought i might have a storm today.

Darn it everything heading east of here again. They're hogging everything! There are quite a few very small popcorn showers over the midlands currently.

Looks like game over today.

Shame, Some good convection here but never amounts to anything.

Theres something pushing up from the south and seems to be killing off the showers.

I actually thought i might have a storm today.

Same here, what a dissapointment. Still some nice looking cu to look at.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Well this seems to be another west mids non event..another notch on the bedpost for us lol.

Sun is out here and theres towers going up, but they get so high then decay so, a dud lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I actually thought we could get a thunderstorm today, but it ended up being a mostly sunny day with all the storms further east! Wounder if we will see any this summer, our last proper one was in june last year, i know that isn't as long as some others on here, but its still too long lol!! Good luck to those of you who have waited a few years!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I am pleased to report... blue sky!! Hooray!

Been a very grey start to the day, damp and bleurgh but improving all the time, maybe some hope of catching something stormy later? I STILL haven't had any thunder or lightning this year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Despite some hefty threatening looking showers yesterday, still no storms!

Posted

Anyone good at writing songs? As I could make a good one about this overcast, low cloud that has been lingering here since that rain band moved in and its giving me one laminate floor of a headache.

Posted

Well , 0 storms for me in 2010.

Serves me right , I remember reading the no storms club 2009 thread with a smile on my face because from , Feb-August last year I seemed to be in storm central , counted about 15 , including thundersnow , 3 night storms , lots of thundershowers and got nice pics and videos of a funnel!

Now this year I dont think I have even seen a towering cumulus yet!