Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2010

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Well I'm still very much of a member of this club, all and all a bit disappointing really as I had expected something over the last few days.

Posted

(In the voice of Jack Nicholson...)

"HERE'S PHILLY!!"

Disappointing couple of days so Jane, can I rejoin puleeeze!?!

You know what makes it even worse? All that convection around mid afternoon/evening that looked like five Mount Everest's were sitting up there, pileus and anvils...

Yet apart from two very distant rumbles of thunder and 1 hour and 15 minutes of torrential rain... (And I mean torrential!!) Bugger all in sferics. cray.gif

post-8209-12761493424113_thumb.jpg

Always wanted an outdoor swimming pool!

And I've sent you a PM too.

Phil.

Posted

Disappointing couple of days

Phil.

Same here. A few cloudy and damp days here is rather boring really, and it's currently cloudy and damp again :rolleyes:

Posted

Myself and the very lovely Jane Louise have combined together (Not that way!! It's a long trek to Cheltenam... 61.5 miles I think from Solihull?)

Basically saying that now she's had her first storm since 1843, biggrin.gif (And mine was 1st May 2010) We've decided to combine forces to keep this NSC thread, and future ones running and to help out and sympathise with all those who do not receive any storms this year. As an ex moderator on here once upon a long ago, plus a long time weather enthusiast. I can fully understand the frustrations sometimes when all looks perfect, but comes to nothing.

So basically, if she gets more storms than me in 2010. I take over.*

*Not the agreement but... :lol:

Thank you, Jane Louise. xx

Phil. (Her abiding assistant!)

Posted

*sighs*

no chance of a storm here, I wish it would happen not for the fact I want a storm just for the fact its been so humid for like a month now and it needs to clear its making me feel sick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Myself and the very lovely Jane Louise have combined together (Not that way!! It's a long trek to Cheltenam... 61.5 miles I think from Solihull?)

Basically saying that now she's had her first storm since 1843, biggrin.gif (And mine was 1st May 2010) We've decided to combine forces to keep this NSC thread, and future ones running and to help out and sympathise with all those who do not receive any storms this year. As an ex moderator on here once upon a long ago, plus a long time weather enthusiast. I can fully understand the frustrations sometimes when all looks perfect, but comes to nothing.

So basically, if she gets more storms than me in 2010. I take over.*

*Not the agreement but... tease.gif

Thank you, Jane Louise. xx

Phil. (Her abiding assistant!)

Lol Phil,laugh.gif

We do so feel the pain of the members of the NSC ( and ourselves of course)... Keep yer chins up everyone, as you know Phil mentioned I hadn't had a storm since 1843 until last week lol... and Phil ? wasen't your last storm on May 1st 1702 lol.?

Anyway Please welcome Phil as my new NSC partner.smile.gif Even though we've both only had a couple rumbles of thunder ,we too are still desperate for a proper storm... Here'shoping 2010 will be bring plenty of storms for us all ..drunk.gif

Posted

*sighs*

no chance of a storm here, I wish it would happen not for the fact I want a storm just for the fact its been so humid for like a month now and it needs to clear its making me feel sick.

Awww Sammie,

My heart is breaking for you,I know how you feelsad.gif

As I always say, your time will come fingers crossed etcsmile.gif

Posted

Awww Sammie,

My heart is breaking for you,I know how you feelsad.gif

As I always say, your time will come fingers crossed etcsmile.gif

*HUGS* I feel your pain, four years now, FOUR YEARS *cries in to pillow* its ok I have youtube.

Posted

Hi all storms always seem to go that little bit further the other way all the time, why cant we have the BIG summer storms i remember as a kid:nonono:

Posted

*HUGS* I feel your pain, four years now, FOUR YEARS *cries in to pillow* its ok I have youtube.

Lol, You tube sure helps.

I have thunder sounds on my comp to keep me entertained. Know how you feel.

Hi all storms always seem to go that little bit further the other way all the time, why cant we have the BIG summer storms i remember as a kid:nonono:

Hey twister,smile.gif

Did you not get a couple rumbles of thunder last week? I think Tewkesbury got hit pretty hard. Yes, bring on the Big storms ( we dont half miss em)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I know what you mean, seems like storms nudge around Gloucestershire whatever direction their headed from these days.

Posted

Don't hold your horses yet. Some pretty interesting stuff on radar invading the English Channel. But as of the past two/three years, may well dissipate before heading inland due to still cool Channel waters. But you never know. This is a very complex LP

And thank you, Jane Louise. (Shuggee too!) We'll keep these members most welcome. I've seen some storms before, but have not seen a good night time storm since 24th July 1994.

There was one on (distant but IC lightning) Saturday 5th June 2010, but I must have slept through it. (Again! Same as early May 2005) ARRRRRRGGHHHH!

But welcome all, on behalf of myself and Jane Louise. Please feel free to gripe, moan, create your own static electricity experiments... Or when I was a kid, use a thin metal sheet and wobble it whilst switching a lightbulb on and off. (Not the real thing but it makes you feel close to one... When you were just a kid! huh.gif )

Phil.

Posted

Oooh Phil, do you really think those storms in the channel will make it inland up to us lot? I remember watching a bunch of storms about 5 years ago heading up to Glos from the Bay of Biscuit lol. 3am I think that was..

Would be really good if we could all see something maybe in the early hours.biggrin.gif

Posted

As much as I'd like to say, Jane, I don't see the heavy and potentially thundery PPN making it much further north than the south coast and by then if recent history is to go by, most, of any thundery activity will have died out by the time it crosses the English Channel.

Best bet will be to watch from, say Portsmouth, Weymouth, Poole and eastwards along up to Sussex coast for any coastal horizon lightning.

That said, who knows? But tracking what's brewing will miss Solihull and western areas by a country mile.

(So here I remain! cool.gif )

Phil.

Posted

As much as I'd like to say, Jane, I don't see the heavy and potentially thundery PPN making it much further north than the south coast and by then if recent history is to go by, most, of any thundery activity will have died out by the time it crosses the English Channel.

Best bet will be to watch from, say Portsmouth, Weymouth, Poole and eastwards along up to Sussex coast for any coastal horizon lightning.

That said, who knows? But tracking what's brewing will miss Solihull and western areas by a country mile.

(So here I remain! cool.gif )

Phil.

Aww,that's a shame! sad.gif maybe within the next couple of months we may have a chance.I'm now wondering when the next lot of storms are due up our way..hope it's not to far off.

Posted

Was it Paul "Shermy" Sherman who said last year that you'd not see your next storm until 2015?

Well, he was half right, half wrong. You DID see a storm so Sheeeeeeeeeeer tease.gif to Shermy.

But in his defence, not the real daytime and overnight storms that last several hours when occuring from an occulded front approaching from France. (1992 springs to mind)

Not seen anything like it since. But Jane bab... This could be our year. It's already unsettled and still only early June, reminds me somewhat of 1995 so anything goes. (Can TWS (Ian) claify this please mate if possible?)

Phil.

Posted

ukcapeli.png

I think well be seeing alot of pale blue on th CAPE and LI charts this summer!!:wallbash::cray::fool::(

Edited by mt-leinster-snow-drifts

Posted

Yay,one or two may get a storm on Mondaysmile.gif But that's only if you live in the SW and even then it may change lol.

Fingers crossed for Monday . smile.gif

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Yay,one or two may get a storm on Mondaysmile.gif But that's only if you live in the SW and even then it may change lol.

Fingers crossed for Monday . smile.gif

Still uncertainty over Monday especially this far off, 12z GFS seems to have shifted the storm potential a little further east with central-S and SE England + SE Midlands more in the frame for a storm. Though more changes possible over next runs.

Posted

Still uncertainty over Monday especially this far off, 12z GFS seems to have shifted the storm potential a little further east with central-S and SE England + SE Midlands more in the frame for a storm. Though more changes possible over next runs.

Oh noooosad.gif

GFS are always changing the storm risk grrr lol. I just wish they wouldn't keep on doing that lol.Let's hope it all changes back by Monday lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

still in the no storms club! :)dry.gif

Posted

Buxton, Derbyshire is still firmly in the "no storms" club.

However, I've been in Leicester for the past week and there were two small storms on sunday and wednesday so I'm not too bothered LOL.

Edited by RichardR

Posted

Still well and truly locked in the no storms club. One weak shower this afternoon...no lightning no thunder....nothing. The fact that its now mid June and am still waiting to hear thunder this year is staggering.:lol:

Will someone please wake me up if anything REMOTELY interesting happens weather wise anywhere near me this year..thanks :lazy:

Oh and a quick note for the Met Office...kindly remove my county from your warning list...its been bone dry for 5 hours here. :lol:

Edited by CarlLH44

Posted

still in the no storms club! :Ddry.gif

It's just been absolutely sick for us hasn't it, never known anything like the last 2 months, we've been within only 10-20 miles of the Storm bands every damn time.

London has been a MASSIVE storm shield this year, everyone just outside London in all directions has seen something so far this year but for main London the sick piece of crap shield has deflected everything.

Check out the latest radar forecast on the Meto and watch todays storms just missing the west of London - YET AGAIN :whistling: