Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted

I feel asif I've annoyed certain members :/

Posted

Will it snow in Cardiff mate? - nice win today i went nuts when bothroyd scored....BLUEBIRDSSSSSSSS.

yes - I think it will tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Nag wyt, paid a phoeni! Chill out!

Snow related stress syndrome? Will it come will it go? cc_confused.gif

Posted

not at all adam - everything's fine!

nothing like the main model thread today - they've been arguing over the easterly and it got so bad this afternoon they had to suspend the thread so that everyone could cool down - crikey! - not like that on here, we are gents from a relaxed Wales enjoying the weather

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Haha good :), ble mae'r eira ma 'de wi'n dechre colli amynedd nawr :lol:

Where's this extra snowfall then :p I'm starting to loose patience :p

Posted

Haha good smile.gif, ble mae'r eira ma 'de wi'n dechre colli amynedd nawr tongue.gif

Where's this extra snowfall then tongue.gif I'm starting to loose patience tongue.gif

north wales right now - gonna have to sit tight a minute

Its a fairly weak affair just now and not maintaining much over land. I suppose there is something from Midnight as well coming down though according to Jackone.

No pressure on me then. :acute:

Not many showers really expected before midnight for southern areas, so not worth waiting up tonight.

There is more in the way of showery activity expected for early Sunday, with showers developing later. A trough is expected during the morning, and this is likely to give more widespread sleet and snow tomorrow morning, with more wintry showers expected daytime on Sunday than was the case for Saturday.

Posted

Yeah things are really starting slow tonight but its -3 and is helping things cool down.

Posted

That will help with snow settling, as it took a whole for the snow top settle last night. It may also help retention of any snow into tomorrow as the ground will be frozen.

Latest blog entry from Ian Fergusson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/weather/ianfergusson/

yeah although the snow settled it didn't settle with out effort tonight i can't see there being such trouble.

Posted

Channel 4 movie - GFS easterly - the day after tomorrow is on right now 8pm tonight folks while we wait for the snow

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Hi all i have not been on today so just read model output and lots of people having a good old ding dong on there today lol, but quite alot of people are going for very mild weather to come in now.what i dont understand as a novice, if they say on bbc or itv we are going to have lots of rain for say a week you can bet their right, but when it comes to cold or snow it just does not seem to be as easy, i know there is probs a easy explaination but i dont know it lol, so what you guys think, are we going to get this very cold spell with lots of snow or do you think the atlantic will win the war? the reason i want advice is we want to go away for 5 days on feb 13th and dont want to book and pay money and then find its very bad weather and i cannot go and lose my money,may just sit tight and wait a few days,do you think we will have a more confident answer within say 3 days?

thanks all

Posted

Hi all i have not been on today so just read model output and lots of people having a good old ding dong on there today lol, but quite alot of people are going for very mild weather to come in now.what i dont understand as a novice, if they say on bbc or itv we are going to have lots of rain for say a week you can bet their right, but when it comes to cold or snow it just does not seem to be as easy, i know there is probs a easy explaination but i dont know it lol, so what you guys think, are we going to get this very cold spell with lots of snow or do you think the atlantic will win the war? the reason i want advice is we want to go away for 5 days on feb 13th and dont want to book and pay money and then find its very bad weather and i cannot go and lose my money,may just sit tight and wait a few days,do you think we will have a more confident answer within say 3 days?

thanks all

It is fact that everyone in the model thread who's having a rant tonight have just been kicked out of their Local :D for Drunek disorderly :D the way they're acting anyway, I wouldn't listen to much to what's going on in there atm, Things will change tomorrow, yes mild weather has made an appearace on the models but they suddenly take that as the gospel itself which is ridiculous, yes we should take this into account just like we take cold weather in the balance, all in all I will stick my neck out and say the easterly is still on but mildER weather will have a part to play somewhere in the evolution. And snow is hard to forecast it's like the woman of the World :p " Does my bum look big in this? No of course not, Woman - Be onest now I need to know, Man - No seriously, Woman - But I think it does, Man - yes ok it does, (woman goes off on one mans ears turn off :p) That's Snow for you

Is the ground cold enough for me to settle? Is my thickness right, are the upper air temps on my side today? am i going to have a mild sector today? We say no its not going to snow then Snow goes nuts and were all off work and distruption is rife, We say its certainly going to snow make preparations and the snow doesnt arrive :p Its the beauty of Welsh Weather :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

That will help with snow settling, as it took a whole for the snow top settle last night. It may also help retention of any snow into tomorrow as the ground will be frozen.

Latest blog entry from Ian Fergusson

http://www.bbc.co.uk...r/ianfergusson/

Good blog by Ian- looking at that snow depth chart not to much snowfall accumilation away from N-NW Wales generally. But Snow showers seem very likely, looking at the NAE perhaps the heaviest of these showers over N and W Wales.

Posted

It is fact that everyone in the model thread who's having a rant tonight have just been kicked out of their Local tongue.gif for Drunek disorderly tongue.gif the way they're acting anyway, I wouldn't listen to much to what's going on in there atm, Things will change tomorrow, yes mild weather has made an appearace on the models but they suddenly take that as the gospel itself which is ridiculous, yes we should take this into account just like we take cold weather in the balance, all in all I will stick my neck out and say the easterly is still on but mildER weather will have a part to play somewhere in the evolution. And snow is hard to forecast it's like the woman of the World tongue.gif " Does my bum look big in this? No of course not, Woman - Be onest now I need to know, Man - No seriously, Woman - But I think it does, Man - yes ok it does, (woman goes off on one mans ears turn off tongue.gif) That's Snow for you

Is the ground cold enough for me to settle? Is my thickness right, are the upper air temps on my side today? am i going to have a mild sector today? We say no its not going to snow then Snow goes nuts and were all off work and distruption is rife, We say its certainly going to snow make preparations and the snow doesnt arrive tongue.gif Its the beauty of Welsh Weather tongue.gif

thanks but women hey lol

I'd wait a few days but unless the ECM was an outlier as the 00HZ ECM run was, the prospects for cold from the east have diminished today.

thanks i will leave it until late on monday or tues morn and hopfully we will have a better idea by then.

Good blog by Ian- looking at that snow depth chart not to much snowfall accumilation away from N-NW Wales generally. But Snow showers seem very likely, looking at the NAE perhaps the heaviest of these showers over N and W Wales.

Given the amount of showers and the troughs the potential snow amounts do seem very small and perhaps understated. However my expectations for tonight are reducing for southern areas.

Posted

Very heavy snow here, 2 inches ontop of yesterdays snow from this shower

Posted

thanks but women hey lol

thanks i will leave it until late on monday or tues morn and hopfully we will have a better idea by then.

Haha that's the one sorry my English spelling isn't the best :D

Posted

I'd wait a few days but unless the ECM was an outlier as the 00HZ ECM run was, the prospects for cold from the east have diminished today.

still betting on an easterly (and I'm not a betting man)

Posted

Out and about in Wales today - crossed the Brecon Beacons where at 12pm the temperature was minus 1 and on to Newquay in Cardigan - never getting above 4 degrees all day. Stupidly got off the main road between Lampeter and Synod Inn to take photos and ended up sliding 40 yds down a hill unable to stop - no damage to any one but learnt a lesson - any how - although we only had a light dusting where I was in the Rhymney Valley - looks like those further West had more to shout about - with more snow coming in over the sea while we were in Newquay - all photos taken today first couple in Brecon, third one just above Synod Inn and the last one on the beach in Newquay - you can see the Clouds full of something on the beach and the snow capped peaks of the Lleyn Peninsula in the background - hopefully more snow to come tommorow so can get out and about again.

post-11218-12648827254088_thumb.jpg

post-11218-12648827479888_thumb.jpg

post-11218-12648827697188_thumb.jpg

post-11218-12648827853388_thumb.jpg

Posted

It is fact that everyone in the model thread who's having a rant tonight have just been kicked out of their Local tongue.gif for Drunek disorderly tongue.gif the way they're acting anyway, I wouldn't listen to much to what's going on in there atm, Things will change tomorrow, yes mild weather has made an appearace on the models but they suddenly take that as the gospel itself which is ridiculous, yes we should take this into account just like we take cold weather in the balance, all in all I will stick my neck out and say the easterly is still on but mildER weather will have a part to play somewhere in the evolution. And snow is hard to forecast it's like the woman of the World tongue.gif " Does my bum look big in this? No of course not, Woman - Be onest now I need to know, Man - No seriously, Woman - But I think it does, Man - yes ok it does, (woman goes off on one mans ears turn off tongue.gif) That's Snow for you

Is the ground cold enough for me to settle? Is my thickness right, are the upper air temps on my side today? am i going to have a mild sector today? We say no its not going to snow then Snow goes nuts and were all off work and distruption is rife, We say its certainly going to snow make preparations and the snow doesnt arrive tongue.gif Its the beauty of Welsh Weather tongue.gif

She's not called Mother Nature for nothing you know! And she might just send you to your room for such blatant sexism. blum.gif

Posted

She's not called Mother Nature for nothing you know! And she might just send you to your room for such blatant sexism. blum.gif

Hahah :p Sorry Miss :D:p

Posted

Out and about in Wales today - crossed the Brecon Beacons where at 12pm the temperature was minus 1 and on to Newquay in Cardigan - never getting above 4 degrees all day. Stupidly got off the main road between Lampeter and Synod Inn to take photos and ended up sliding 40 yds down a hill unable to stop - no damage to any one but learnt a lesson - any how - although we only had a light dusting where I was in the Rhymney Valley - looks like those further West had more to shout about - with more snow coming in over the sea while we were in Newquay - all photos taken today first couple in Brecon, third one just above Synod Inn and the last one on the beach in Newquay - you can see the Clouds full of something on the beach and the snow capped peaks of the Lleyn Peninsula in the background - hopefully more snow to come tommorow so can get out and about again.

one of my fav places Steve - Newquay - glad you had a good time - and no accidents - i live on a single track country road - they are deadly with the mountains in wales in icy snow