Paul

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

:clap: true!

Lol - perhaps if people get so uptight about the pronunciation of a town they might change the spelling? Or add a few diacritics for ease of pronunciation?

Snowy Bob, on 10 February 2010 - 09:08 , said:

Overlooking the channel here in Folkestone, think some further showers are incoming

i love it when you talk dirty!

lol sorry couldn't resist! bring me snow!!!

:clap:

Edited by Harry

Posted

Nice snow showers this morning on the way into Benny Hill. Some of it has given a light dusting so I'm hopeful for a shed-load later on :clap: . Carol Kirkwood specifically mentioned the area between Canterbury and Eastbourne as being in the firing line this morning, well I believe her!!! :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

By the way i wouldnt take to much of the above posted chart about places likely to get hit with snow showers, we already have a nice heavy snow shower here in Eastbourne right now and this shower is going to get a fair bit further west too!

Edit: Morning coasty dear!

Edited by jasonuk

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

By the way i wouldnt take to much of the above posted chart about places likely to get hit with snow showers, we already have a nice heavy snow shower here in Eastbourne right now and this shower is going to get a fair bit further west too!

Edit: Morning coasty dear!

That's for tonight :clap:

Posted

Heavy, almost Blizzard conditions here now, settled everywhere very quickly, doesnt look like it will last much longer, maybe 15 mins more but all good already!

Posted

Nice Sugar Dusting this morning from 2 heavyish alternating Snow/Graupel showers which made the roofs white and dusted the grass, my Interest is in the Bow like structure heading towards the SE Currently about 75 Miles East of Yarmouth. Should be here early afternoon if it holds together.

Paul S

Posted

Morning all

Much more organised band of snow approaching from the ENE - see the attached:

http://www.meteox.nl/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

Should gie some interest to Suffolk, Essex, Kent and poss East Sussex as it goes through.

SS

LOL Paul - you type faster than me!

Edited by SuttonStorm

Posted

Snowing heavily here but very windy! Settling on the roads and it has only been 15 minutes since it started, will it last long is the question?

Hey you! answe to that is no it wont last long, almost the end of the shower now but its a good start :-)

Posted

Hey you! answe to that is no it wont last long, almost the end of the shower now but its a good start :-)

So with one of you at one end of my road, and the other at the opposite end - what is it doing back at home and will I be able to get back home through the drifts? :clap:

Posted

Morning all

http://www.meteox.nl...&soort=satradar

Should gie some interest to Suffolk, Essex, Kent and poss East Sussex as it goes through.

SS

Looking at the Netweather radar the forecasted path that this precip will take is for it to swing round and miss the coast. :S

Obviously we'll see lol

Posted

Nice Sugar Dusting this morning from 2 heavyish alternating Snow/Graupel showers which made the roofs white and dusted the grass, my Interest is in the Bow like structure heading towards the SE Currently about 75 Miles East of Yarmouth. Should be here early afternoon if it holds together.

Paul S

Hi Paul, long time no speak, i hadnt noticed that feature, its the one thing i miss when looking at the Net Weather rainfall chart. Showers today look like they have been holding together ok. Hopefully that will continue to push S.W and not SSW so it doesnt swing down and miss us!

So with one of you at one end of my road, and the other at the opposite end - what is it doing back at home and will I be able to get back home through the drifts? :clap:

Shower has finished now, temp dropped from 2.5c to almost 1c during it though. Also settled on the paths and roads but obviously melting now. I do think its that feature pointed out on the radar just now that looks the most interesting (if it can get here!)

As to Nazaneen the 'weather girl' who someone spoke of earlier, i see her as a presenter only, certainly not a forcaster. Its not often i hear such a lot of tosh when she talks about whats happening in a few days time. Im sure she is a lovely person though.... :clap:

Posted

Morning all

http://www.meteox.nl...&soort=satradar

SS

Thank you for that......Looks good doesn't it prob arrive around 11.15 ? lol! Hope it holds together and delivers a lot!

Posted

Thank you for that......Looks good doesn't it prob arrive around 11.15 ? lol! Hope it holds together and delivers a lot!

Not sure thats going to happen it seems to be breaking up as it moves in!!!! :)

Guest Quantumsnow

Morning all, no snow yet- will keep you up dated!!

Morning! You're just up the road from me, just had some grainy stuff but sun's out now sad.gif

Think it's going to be one of those days

Posted

Going to get in the shower and i hope that it is white when i get out lol,doubt that though he he.drinks.gif

Posted

Snowing here now but just making the ground wet, the 'snow' is a strange looking type, looks like kind of a mix between hail and snow...dry.gif

Nothing here,the sun is out at the mowallbash.gif