• Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Well i've had no rain today , just snow and it was 3-5c ! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Well i've had no rain today , just snow and it was 3-5c ! ohmy.gif

Same whistling.gif

Posted

Well i've had no rain today , just snow and it was 3-5c ! ohmy.gif

Yeah we've had a few snow showers today with higher temps, but its been the hard snow! bring on tomorrow!!!

Posted

Hi guys can anyone tell me in plain terms lol,are we in Brighton going to see any snow over the next few days ? have been out all day and only just got back had a read through some of the posts and it doesnt seem to good apart from Kent,is this true? Well if its only Kent that get good amounts of the white stuff then i want lots of pics posted and enjoy it guys have fun .drinks.gif

Guest archiesmummy

Hi all, hope everyone happy!

I get the feeling from all the charts that this will affect kent/sussex?

is there a chance at all of west essex/east london being affected, i know these sorts of questions are annoying but i was just wondering....thanks in advance

air_kiss.gif

Hi guys can anyone tell me in plain terms lol,are we in Brighton going to see any snow over the next few days ? have been out all day and only just got back had a read through some of the posts and it doesnt seem to good apart from Kent,is this true? Well if its only Kent that get good amounts of the white stuff then i want lots of pics posted and enjoy it guys have fun .drinks.gif

ditto to your last bit! rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

South east weather , 2-5cm wed-thur 10cm+ on hills possible

Posted

Please take the NAE and NMM with a little pinch of salt - they have been very wide of the mark by +12

all week and with the current model headaches and chop / changes I dont expect that to change

By all means get excited if its within +6 but by then you will see it on the radar :(

Guest FireStorm

Hi guys can anyone tell me in plain terms lol,are we in Brighton going to see any snow over the next few days ?

If the earlier charts are anything to go by - then yes.. That is if they can come true over a 48hour period of course.

London is a bit risky. It is the safer option to watch radar, Nowcasting will be the only way of accurately predicting the next few days

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

lol dont get to excited though Neil. I think light showers or flurries are the order of the day. Generally a wintry mix of rain/sleet/snow - any heavier showers that come along would be better for snow as it drops the temperature some more. It's going to be marginal.. But im still adament for snow reports.

Tamara.. Do you share my views ? Your impartialunsure.gif

I'll be in Chatham all day tomorrow, inside a building too so will aim for a window seat, and the moment im back online will be checking here for snow straight away.

Edit for sky news: Wonder if they're thinking of the heavier showers turning to snow also??

I still think that there is some uncertainty about the extent of this snow - Kent itself looks well positioned anyway, but regarding other areas there is still a good chance too and as I said earlier today I think that there is going to be a need for nowcasting on this and radar. We have some even colder upper air due to arrive during tomorrow, especially later in the day goes on so I think ppn should be snow - no problems there. It is just a question of the extent of it and how heavy it is. That latest NAE update is certainly an improvement and appears to show snow both heavier and a little more widespread than before. These do tend to fluctuate quite a bit, but with any luck they will upgrade from now on rather than go the other way.

Also we have beyond this particular snow to watch as well. The wind is stuck NE'erly for several days to come and snow showers/wintry showers from the north sea are always going to a possiiblity right into and perhaps through the weekendsmile.gif

Please take the NAE and NMM with a little pinch of salt - they have been very wide of the mark by +12

all week and with the current model headaches and chop / changes I dont expect that to change

By all means get excited if its within +6 but by then you will see it on the radar smile.gif

Yes I agree with that, pretty much as I have suggested. But there are signs of improvement as we get closersmile.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

If the earlier charts are anything to go by - then yes.. That is if they can come true over a 48hour period of course.

London is a bit risky. It is the safer option to watch radar, Nowcasting will be the only way of accurately predicting the next few days

Thanks for repling ,fingers crossed we all get some snow over the next few days.Just watched meridian weather and they have no snow fall in brighton apart from maybe sleet on sat lol.Like you said will have to keep my eye on the lampost from now on .Cheers.drinks.gif

Posted

Gone very quiet in here,hope thats not a bad sign ? Anyway it was a great winter and lets hope its not over yet guys.drinks.gif

Posted

Gone very quiet in here,hope thats not a bad sign ? Anyway it was a great winter and lets hope its not over yet guys.drinks.gif

0-10cm according to the local , mainly north / east kent

Posted

0-10cm according to the local , mainly north / east kent

Oh well,i look forward to pics from you guys in Kent,have fun in the snow .drinks.gif

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Does look like snow showers will become more frequent and heavier tomorrow PM and through Thursday across the SE corner, as colder upper air arrives. Kent and E Sussex look most at risk, though I suspect counties bordering may see snow showers too, such is the unpredictability of showery airstreams. I fancy East Kent will see greatest accumulations, more especially over the North Downs. Coldest uppers tend to relax SW-wards on Friday, and so showers look to ease too.

Been mostly dry and sunny today and not particularly cold out the wind, though we did get a heavy graupel shower around 4pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

There was a snow shower while I was on Chatham earlier today, didn't last very long though.

I think just about anywhere across our region could see some snow showers tomorrow, forecasting snow showers is very annoying, because some places could get loads whilst other places get none :mellow: The Northern half of the region definitely more at risk though.

I wouldn't be surprised if some areas wake up to a light dusting come morning, theres quite a few showers brewing in the North Sea, these will begin to push Southwards over the next few hours. Most of them will probably weaken and die out, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of them making it down.

Posted

Hey Nick F , are we looking at whitstable/herne bay/canterbury/ashford and towards dover/hythe/margate again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

does anyone know how likely colchester will be to get snow?

Posted

Hi.

I realise from other posts that no one can ever be 100% certain where and when snow will fall but can anyone tell me if they think we will get snow here, we are between Faversham and Canterbury. My son is supposed to be going away on Friday with the school so am avidly weather watching for him, unfortunately for you guys that means asking you as I am far from knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance.

x

Edited by debbie_summer

Posted

ppn is heading from the East towards the SE. Expect snow in certain parts from now :clap::yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I hope this isn't all going pear shaped for the rest of the SE accept SE Kent.

Less snow forecast this week, warmer (at the moment) in the South next week.

Of course it's all subject to change but at the beggining of this week we were looking at 10-20 cm of snow but as it's got closer it's got less and less :yahoo:

Maybe there will be a suprise though...

Posted

ppn is heading from the East towards the SE. Expect snow in certain parts from now clap.gifyahoo.gif

Hi Yamkin,do you think that the snow may reach Brighton? just looked at the rain today site and not showing any ppn here tonightcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Hi.

I realise from other posts that no one can ever be 100% certain where and when snow will fall but can anyone tell me if they think we will get snow here, we are between Faversham and Canterbury. My son is supposed to be going away on Friday with the school so am advi knowledgeable avidly weather watching for him, unfortunately for you guys that means asking you as I am far from knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance.

x

You might see a few snow showers tomorrow which could give a light dusting, and perhaps a couple of CM through Thursday and into Friday. I shouldn't think it'd be too severe though :yahoo:

Hi Yamkin,do you think that the snow may reach Brighton? just looked at the rain today site and not showing any ppn here tonightcray.gif

Its hard to tell which areas will see the snow showers - I think your best chance will be on Thursday. Its looking likely that we'll see a convergence line setup feeding in frequent heavy snow showers across the South-East from about Mid-Morning onwards.

Posted

I hope this isn't all going pear shaped for the rest of the SE accept SE Kent.

Less snow forecast this week, warmer (at the moment) in the South next week.

Of course it's all subject to change but at the beggining of this week we were looking at 10-20 cm of snow but as it's got closer it's got less and less :clap:

Maybe there will be a suprise though...

Kent is always going to fair best from a NE'erly. Once again, I can't see a lot happening for the London area. I wouldn't mind so much if the charts weren't teasing us so much by progging ESE'erlys a short while ago. Northerlys, especially north westerlys as predicted next week are no good for here.

Ahh well. :yahoo: