Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast - Cold Spell Discussion

Paul

Posted

Snow, sleet and rain all day, now back to snow which has juststarted to settle. Temp 1 dewpoint -1

:yahoo:

Posted

light snow showers for a while... just died out as i type.

Feeling very cold outside.

NOthing has settled here.

Well we can't be that far apart both being from West London I'm virtually on the runway at Heathrow. Snow has settled on the cars,garden furniture and the dog!

Posted

There will be snow in parts of the SE tomorrow clap.gifyahoo.gif

The cold might go into next week shok.gif Have no fear Yamkin is here tongue.giflaugh.gif

It's still snowing here and settling on cars etc clap.gifyahoo.gif

Hi Yamkin,what parts of the southeast do you think my get some snow tomorrow then? Do you think Brighton may get some,we had snow all day today but nothing laid to be honest but it is very cold out there now .drinks.gif

Posted

It has snowed here all day and on the way home from Harrow to edgware it was almost begining to stickgood.gif haven't looked since 6pm, let me go and check the lampost and i will be back.

Yammers, what you likeclap.gif

Posted

Local forecast mentioned a feature coming down from the north tommorow giving a couple of cm's in places. Fax for weds looks good for the area too! then we have the heavier stuff for thirs / Fri but this will be mainly Kent.

Posted

Been to check the lampost through my clean windows and all I can see is the lightdoh.gif had to step outside then just to make sure and it's stoppedlaugh.gif but it has settled on the car and is begining to freezegood.gif

Expert advice needed here, will I be able to get on the tube on Wednesday evening to get to my Explorer Scout group and get me home to Middlesex and my driver home to Luton? Hmmmmm Packing my ski suit and hiking boots just in case I have to walk 9 miles homecold.gif

edited as I can't type this eveningdoh.gif

Edited by snowydayz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Been to check the lampost through my clean windows and all I can see is the lightdoh.gif had to step outside then just to make sure and it's stoppedlaugh.gif but it has settled on the car and is begining to freezegood.gif

Expert advice needed here, will I be able to get on the tube on Wednesday evening to get to my Explorer Scout group and get me home to Middlesex and my driver home to Luton? Hmmmmm Packing my ski suit and hiking boots just in case I have to walk 9 miles homecold.gif

edited as I can't type this eveningdoh.gif

Lol, ultimately you just never know, but come on i bet there is a bit of you that would love it if you did have to walk home in deep snow!

P.S Evening all, seems like months rather than weeks since the regional forum was busier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Well we've had plenty of snow here today although only a lit settled, temps looking good at -0.4c dewpoints -3c windchill -6c :drinks::):)

Posted

Does anyone know if here in Brighton we are expecting anymore snow tonight? i only ask as it is dry now and it may well stick ,as we had lots today but too wet on the ground and didnt amount to anything,not that i am getting greedy lol as i know there is hopefully more on the way in a couple of days .But more is good lol.drinks.gif

Posted

Does anyone know if here in Brighton we are expecting anymore snow tonight? i only ask as it is dry now and it may well stick ,as we had lots today but too wet on the ground and didnt amount to anything,not that i am getting greedy lol as i know there is hopefully more on the way in a couple of days .But more is good lol.drinks.gif

None tonight unfortunatelysad.gif

Posted

None tonight unfortunatelysad.gif

Thanks for the reply,lots for us to look forward too though he he.I am sure this thread will be very busy in 24 hours or so .drinks.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Posted

Hi All

The wind seems to be getting up a bit here in Southend, quite gusty at the moment, no real snow fallen all day though..

Cheers

FC

Posted

Hi Yamkin,what parts of the southeast do you think my get some snow tomorrow then? Do you think Brighton may get some,we had snow all day today but nothing laid to be honest but it is very cold out there now .drinks.gif

Hi wee, Snow will merge over the SE and move in a Southerly direction. It will be down to nowcasting by checking the radar.

Posted

Hi wee, Snow will merge over the SE and move in a Southerly direction. It will be down to nowcasting by checking the radar.

Thanks Yamkin,will keep my eye on the radar then,am off to my bed now as i am sure there is going to be a few missed nights sleep due to lampost watching over the next few days ,cheers mate.drinks.gif Hey Yamkin just seen you are a fellow pisces like me,your birthday is the day after me,we are very nice people lol.clap.gif

Edited by wee

Posted

Thanks Yamkin,will keep my eye on the radar then,am off to my bed now as i am sure there is going to be a few missed nights sleep due to lampost watching over the next few days ,cheers mate.drinks.gif

well i am on a night shift wednesday night, so could keep you up if you start falling asleep in front of the window :drinks:

yes Yamkin, it will boil down to keeping one eye on the radar and one on the lampost. seems to be a bit of negativity on the model thread tonight. i can't wait until wednesday to see how the weekend is going to pan out :)

Posted

well i am on a night shift wednesday night, so could keep you up if you start falling asleep in front of the window laugh.gif

yes Yamkin, it will boil down to keeping one eye on the radar and one on the lampost. seems to be a bit of negativity on the model thread tonight. i can't wait until wednesday to see how the weekend is going to pan out smile.gif

[/quot]

Lol,and how are you going to keep me awake Maf? BEHAVE YOURSELF HE HE .Night all.clap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

well i am on a night shift wednesday night, so could keep you up if you start falling asleep in front of the window :)

yes Yamkin, it will boil down to keeping one eye on the radar and one on the lampost. seems to be a bit of negativity on the model thread tonight. i can't wait until wednesday to see how the weekend is going to pan out :)

Yes, the model thread has gone very quiet, I usually try and get my fix of the 18Z before bed and no-one is commenting, the excitement seems to have fizzled somewhat - hope it is not an omen :acute:

Posted

well i am on a night shift wednesday night, so could keep you up if you start falling asleep in front of the window :acute:

Regarding the model discussion thread, I am very surprised with the doom and gloom along with negativity. We have had a great cold and snowy winter so far with this current cold period, and why and how are some in a doom and gloom phase. I just do not get it to be honest

Posted

Regarding the model discussion thread, I am very surprised with the doom and gloom along with negativity. We have had a great cold and snowy winter so far with this current cold period, and why and how are some in a doom and gloom phase. I just do not get it to be honest

LOL i know, as soon as this easterly turns into a northerly every1 whos acting like a child will start being more positive, because it will be snow in their back yard.

Edited by thegreat316

Posted

LOL i know, as soon as this easterly turns into a northerly every1 whos acting like a child will start being more positive, because it will be snow in their back yard.

That exact thought crossed my mind..rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Hey all I agree with coments about the model thread not a nice place at the moment if like me you are just trying to learn.seems like people just want to snipe at each other.thanks to yamkin and other experienced members on this thread( forgive me for not remembering all names) for excelent explanations and charts it's very much appreciated. let's all look forward to a week of fun weather. P.s it's snowing lightly here is this anything or will it die out soon

Posted

Hey all I agree with coments about the model thread not a nice place at the moment if like me you are just trying to learn.seems like people just want to snipe at each other.thanks to yamkin and other experienced members on this thread( forgive me for not remembering all names) for excelent explanations and charts it's very much appreciated. let's all look forward to a week of fun weather. P.s it's snowing lightly here is this anything or will it die out soon

Sadly it will die out soon. Heres the latest NW Radar

post-10842-12656682539717_thumb.png

Tomorrow late morning/afternoon you may get some more whistling.gif