Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast - Cold Spell Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

UK Outlook for Saturday 13 Feb 2010 to Monday 22 Feb 2010:

Verrrrryyy interesting.

Have been saying for a couple of days now that East Kent will by the "Hunny Pot" though, seen these set ups so many times. Eastern Essex usually does ok as well, but may just miss out on the moderate snowfall/cover.

May go down to Dover at the End of this week as it goes, think the high ground around there will do particularly well.

As for West Kent/London, odd wintry/snow shower, maybe a heavier burst, but on the whole too much of a NEly, we nead a Ely, ENEly idealy.

Edit, snowing here at last! :)

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Moderate snow here in Reading (where I work) not settling but def snow

Posted

It's been like this here in Laindon all morning,just intermittent snow showers,nothing to get excited about.Be nice to experience ,one of those ,once in a lifetime snowstorms WASHINGTON has just experienced.Looking at the weather maps and models for the next week or so we'll be lucky to get an inch.Can anyone else see anything positive in those models?

Posted

Verrrrryyy interesting.

Have been saying for a couple of days now that East Kent will by the "Hunny Pot" though, seen these set ups so many times. Eastern Essex usually does ok as well, but may just miss out on the moderate snowfall/cover.

May go down to Dover at the End of this week as it goes, think the high ground around there will do particularly well.

As for West Kent/London, odd wintry/snow shower, maybe a heavier burst, but on the whole too much of a NEly, we nead a Ely, ENEly idealy.

Edit, snowing here at last! :)

What about East Sussex?rolleyes.gif

Posted

very light to light snow showers here (home location)

Edited by dallas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

It's been like this here in Laindon all morning,just intermittent snow showers,nothing to get excited about.Be nice to experience ,one of those ,once in a lifetime snowstorms WASHINGTON has just experienced.Looking at the weather maps and models for the next week or so we'll be lucky to get an inch.Can anyone else see anything positive in those models?

Not realy, the models had been showing a moderate Easterly affecting most of the East, but now the worst of the snow (or best :) ) will only be clipping the exreme South East. Expect a few showers though around Essex but dont hold your breath.

What about East Sussex?rolleyes.gif

East Sussex may do rather well, the further East the better though maybe.

Ok lets see, this is to next Friday.

Honey pot= Around Dover and Thanet Kent.

2nd best, East Sussex and East Essex.

3rd, Central Kent and Essex.

I'm only going as far North as Essex here, west of these areas will probably just see wintry flurrys with the odd more moderate burst.

Hows that. :)

Posted

Light snow falling on and off in London Bridge at the mo. Quite unexpected, as wasn't expecting to see any snow till Wednesday at the earliest good.gif

Guest FireStorm

Drizzle rain drizzle sleet mist drizzle wintry shower drizzle mist mist mist more drizzle, rain and snow...

and currently for the 1st time in 3hours its turned completely to snow with some quite large flakes and coming down pretty damn quick too

Chatham M2 motorway attachment

post-7102-12656348594317_thumb.jpg

Edited by FireStorm

Posted

Light snow falling on and off in London Bridge at the mo. Quite unexpected, as wasn't expecting to see any snow till Wednesday at the earliest good.gif

Cool. Been snowing for a while here but not settling, pretty light but the odd heavier burst.

Theres some nice looking PPN just to the South in Kent and Sussex. few white hills out there this afternoon. :(

Edited by snowray

Posted

Rain, sleet and snow on/off all morning. Nice to see snow falling again though considering just a few days ago we were due to be mild and wet!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

If you live in the south east corner it might be a good idea not to post on the model thread through this week in view of the possibility of snow being restricted to that area later this week.

Or take a tin hat with youbiggrin.gif - there can be an 'anti SE bias' at the best of times unfortunately, but that might be needed even more in the coming days.

Pity really, if other parts of the country see snow I would one of the first to tell them to enjoy itsad.gif

Posted

Hi Folks

Central London sonow update, very light snow turned to light to moderate snow and now switched back to drizzle, getting a bit of everything today.

Cheers

FC

Posted

been raining most of the morning with the odd snowflake spotted now and again. which is something I think we are going to get very used to seeing during the next 3 weeks.:)

Notice theres a weather advisory out for the south-east for Thursday/friday - good news! (bring on the snow, USA style :))

Edited by Westsussex1

Posted

Can't find anything positive either, east Kent should have a thread for themselves because it looks depressingly chilly and nothingy for the rest of us. Of course the FI carrot is still dangling strong and I'm sure Yamkin will be along later to cheer us all up with a blizzard chart for March.

I'm off to set fire to me sledge. . .

BTW moderate snow here in zone 2. . . not settling but temp has really come down, cheered me up just seeing the flakes in the air. :)

Guest FireStorm

If you live in the south east corner it might be a good idea not to post on the model thread through this week in view of the possibility of snow being restricted to that area later this week

It is worse when you issue an advisory to people not to post in certain areas of the forum to save hatred being thrown around over weather conditions! That's incredibly saddening for such a hard working and dedicated forum. The poor mods and forum staff cray.gifTheir passion for snow must be pushed by members

I Think we need an internet forum version of Seasonal Affective Disorder (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/health/public/brighter-outlook.html). Maybe something like BABY's - Biased Against Back Yard's.. Relating to the whole if it's not IMBY - I'll throw my toys out of the pram and end up having forum privelledges revoked and how this shouldn't be the case when we are all here for one passion - weather!

Posted

If you live in the south east corner it might be a good idea not to post on the model thread through this week in view of the possibility of snow being restricted to that area later this week.

Or take a tin hat with youbiggrin.gif - there can be an 'anti SE bias' at the best of times unfortunately, but that might be needed even more in the coming days.

Pity really, if other parts of the country see snow I would one of the first to tell them to enjoy itsad.gif

Taking a tin hat made me chuckle, but yep good advice to post here, :) saves the upsets

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

WOOOOOOOOOO!!

Big Chunky snowflakes , proper snow blowing across the hills :) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Any one know what happen to the model out put discussion ?

I can only find a whinge thread with people being down that it wont be -5c max in middle of Feb (I wonder if there has been more the 2 days in a century where the max was -5c or below down south mid feb)

I wish the mods would delete the moaners and just allow model discussion ah well

Anyway hope I find it soon

More snow here (reading) about the 20th day of snow so far this winter , max 3c

Some winters maybe we have had a sleet shower late march

Posted

Any one know what happen to the model out put discussion ?

I can only find a whinge thread with people being down that it wont be -5c max in middle of Feb (I wonder if there has been more the 2 days in a century where the max was -5c or below down south mid feb)

I wish the mods would delete the moaners and just allow model discussion ah well

Anyway hope I find it soon

More snow here (reading) about the 20th day of snow so far this winter , max 3c

Some winters maybe we have had a sleet shower late march

^^ so true, im getting depressed reading the whinging thats in there. at least over at TWO its less depressing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

WOOOOOOOOOO!!

Big Chunky snowflakes , proper snow blowing across the hills :):D

Didn't you say last night you had enough of snow because of your draughty windows? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Didn't you say last night you had enough of snow because of your draughty windows? :)

Yes , can't help but get excited over snow when it's snowing :). I'll be moaning again next week :D

BIG 50p flakes now

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

I so wish the ground would dry up so some of this snow might have a chance of laying.wallbash.gif