Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just picked up my Mum from work, and it really started to come down. Settling on the grass and cars now. Looking at the radar though it won't last for long.

You picked your mum up from work? Surely that's not right :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

heavier here now for a bit and settling a little on the grass. Looks like its nearly passed me by. Wasn't very exciting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

well, well, well, if it isnt starting to lightly snow here after all..

(mood lifts- and bitter resentment starts to fade)

still very atomised and wet, but its a start.. if the rain I mean snow starts to fall harder, then it might become all snow and the flakes might grow to molecule size...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

You picked your mum up from work? Surely that's not right :winky:

LOL, well we are both insured on the same car, and she isn't too keen on driving whereas I am - so I pick her up when I can.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Haha well I won't swap for a rain machine but i'll let you borrow my snow making machine for this evening wink.gif

ooh yes please!!!!!!! (sound of door slamming and jumps in nearest vehicle to speed down to Leicester)

lon100.jpg

Posted

ooh yes please!!!!!!! (sound of door slamming and jumps in nearest vehicle to speed down to Leicester)

lon100.jpg

LMAO I love how you post pictures of what you are talking about, it's aweeesome :D

I really hope Nottingham sees a proper dumping of like 10 inches of snow before the Winter is over. You guys have had really bad luck, Leicester has had bad luck too but a little better than Notts and you are a biiiig snow lover too so you deserve to see a really deep covering.

she'll have an aneurysm... pardon.gif

I have no idea what that means :winky: Us Leicester kids didn't have a great education :D

Posted

moderate snow nothing sticking dry.gif

A little surprising given how high you are!

The problem for you guys is now you've got the front temps won't drop but equally they won't rise too quickly due to temps falling anyway as the day comes to an end, its a fight against time and how long the snow falls for.

Places further north will luckier because temps will still be lowering as the front hasn't reached them yet and they will buy them more snow time so to speak.

Posted

The problem for you guys is now you've got the front temps won't drop but equally they won't rise too quickly due to temps falling anyway as the day comes to an end, its a fight against time and how long the snow falls for.

Places further north will luckier because temps will still be lowering as the front hasn't reached them yet and they will buy them more snow time so to speak.

yep! so true! wish i was further north right now! snowing heavy here but still not sticking whistling.gif

Posted

biggrin.gif

LMAO I love how you post pictures of what you are talking about, it's aweeesome biggrin.gif

I really hope Nottingham sees a proper dumping of like 10 inches of snow before the Winter is over. You guys have had really bad luck, Leicester has had bad luck too but a little better than Notts and you are a biiiig snow lover too so you deserve to see a really deep covering.

I have no idea what that means unsure.gif Us Leicester kids didn't have a great education rofl.gif

VRRRRRROOOOOMMMM.....ert! (sound of screeching brakes) Well no sooner did I get back from yours and plug in the snow machine and Voila!!!! its SNOWING NOW!!!!!!!!!! YAAY!!! Andy saves the day! hahahaha!!!

An aneuryism is an exploding blot clot in the brain. My brain is one giant aneurisym from all the stress I put myself through regarding non-weather events rofl.gif

I think this will be the best snow we see here in Snottingham for the rest of the winter. I wudda bin happy with my imfamous 4" of snow, but hey-ho... hopefully this summer with b good. I LUURRVEEEE snow, but I am absolutely coo-coo for storms!!!! tease.gif

Posted

Stopped snowing in south Shropshire. Pitched during the final 30 minutes of 3 hours of snow! Just about white on the ground now and temperature is 0.1C. I'm hoping it's not the last snow of the winter, or maybe I'm being greedy.

Posted

I think the most pressing issue is the lack of any sustained, heavy precipitation to be honest! It's mainly patchy and light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Light snow at times here. Nothing sticking as i expected yesterday. Rubbish sized flakes.

Posted

biggrin.gif

VRRRRRROOOOOMMMM.....ert! (sound of screeching brakes) Well no sooner did I get back from yours and plug in the snow machine and Voila!!!! its SNOWING NOW!!!!!!!!!! YAAY!!! Andy saves the day! hahahaha!!!

An aneuryism is an exploding blot clot in the brain. My brain is one giant aneurisym from all the stress I put myself through regarding non-weather events rofl.gif

I think this will be the best snow we see here in Snottingham for the rest of the winter. I wudda bin happy with my imfamous 4" of snow, but hey-ho... hopefully this summer with b good. I LUURRVEEEE snow, but I am absolutely coo-coo for storms!!!! tease.gif

Haha :D See, I said you could borrow my snow making machine and I kept my word and voila... You now have snow in Nottingham :drunk:

Are you originally from America or did you just stay there for a while?

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

I think the most pressing issue is the lack of any sustained, heavy precipitation to be honest! It's mainly patchy and light.

well it hasn't been patchy here and only light snow occasionally! mostly moderate since it started at around 14:30

its laying on the grass now!

Posted

Yeah Nick I suppose had the precip been heavier it would have certainly helped, esp because the second band that contains much more marginal conditions is slightly stronger, for the north thats probably all going to be of snow I suspect. Still timings have been very against you guys today...had it comes during the night hours, you'd have had enough cold left for a good event for you guys.

Posted

well it hasn't been patchy here and only light snow occasionally! mostly moderate since it started at around 14:30

Yeah but it could be -10c out there and we still would barely get a covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tbh i really cant wait for the snow to go now. Have really had enough of the cold now. Warm and sunny for me please from now on.

Posted

Haha biggrin.gif See, I said you could borrow my snow making machine and I kept my word and voila... You now have snow in Nottingham drunk.gif

Are you originally from America or did you just stay there for a while?

Yep! Born and bred in the good ol' U. S. of A. I was born in a blizzard up in Maine ('reet up nawth') and the snow drifts were over 5 ft high!!!! We measure our snow over there in feet! lol!! Not always though haha, but it usually snows about 4-6" per snowfall on average, and then we get the Washington snow storms about twice a year sometimes... before I came here I lived in Philadelphia and we were slammed with 30" of snow on March 6th. WOW! that was the coolest storm I ever had!!! Our thunderstorms are equally impressive!! and I had an F3 tornado hit the town I used to live in while I went to school!!!! Didnt hit my house though!! I miss American weather cray.gif .... Saying that, the summer of 2004 in the Isle of Wight, we had a MEGA super-cell that produced some AMAZING lightning and it even hit the papers with photos of the lightning on the front page with the channel ferries crossing!!! That was amazing. NEVER SEE ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN NOTTS!!! laugh.gif

Posted

i think im going nuts! how can i be getting so excited that the snow outside is just sticking a little to grass and pavements. as soon as it stops it will melt anyway unknw.gif

Posted

Looks to me like the last bit of the main band is pepping up atm and could give a short lived covering to areas near myself maybe stratford, coventry south birmingham. Providing it remains as snow.

Posted

The novelty of the snow is really wearing off now. Snow is heavy here now but still rubbish flakes like much of the winter. The outlook remains cold too. :drunk:

Its so hard to get flakes of decent size here-one of the reasons why ive had enough of this snow now!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Yes, just started to stick on the cars and grass here, with moderate snow falling. Doesn't look as if it will last much longer though judging by the radar.

Edited by Koppite