Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Horror show for midlands , over doin it again on the low pressure ,

can guarentee it wont happen like this ,

tommorrows low a perfect example .

Misleads the inexperienced ones ,

annoys others.

pleases few

The gfs 12z is unbelievable when compared to the 00z. 200mile change in 12 hours.

We need to hope this plays into our hands later on

Which it doesnt. This could be the end of winter i think.

What a unrealistc comment, based on emotions , sorry mate u no it , so do i .

Posted

I personally think this our last decent chance of something noteworthy so if the gfs 12z was to be correct then i wouldnt rule out this being it. Further north it could be a different story, howver i never take one run as gospel and look forward to seeing the NAE and NMM as they have more detail in the short time frame.

Posted

we have to face it, a week of countless snow opportunities is a rarity in our neck of the woods, very seldom happens. been another bone dry start to the year really :hi:

Edited by azores92

Posted

yup nvrmind thats how it goes, 15mm was on the cards 12 hours ago. Funny how things change, the dissapointing thing is dispite this heading further south it has no influence on the next low going further south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

yup nvrmind thats how it goes, 15mm was on the cards 12 hours ago. Funny how things change, the dissapointing thing is dispite this heading further south it has no influence on the next low going further south.

Which in itself raises a question regarding the gfs reliability surely. The second feature will not get that far north i guarentee it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

typical - just as my dewpoint drops below zero again! Will be interesting to see what the met office do, if they keep the warnings or not.

Posted

Oh well now looks like no snow for the midlands tomorrow nownonono.gif Hopefully the front will come further north than predicted. You never know?

Anyway where's Nick? Must be Sandwell Town losing to Bristol Cityrofl.gif Good old ' Big Chris Iwelumo'smile.gif

Posted

Risk of disruption Warning Valid

UK regions: East of England

Wales

South West England

West Midlands

London & South East England

East Midlands

Heavy Snow Mon 22 Feb

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of England and Wales. Rain spreading north may turn to snow and has the potential to give accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in places, with a risk of 7cm on high ground. The snow should clear away eastwards later in the day.

Issued at: 1612 Sun 21 Feb

suprised no comment on this, imagine they seen the 12z gfs before issuing the warning. Maybe ian f can let us know how long after a certain run comes out it takes for the meto to see it, must be a few hours before us?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

suprised no comment on this, imagine they seen the 12z gfs before issuing the warning. Maybe ian f can let us know how long after a certain run comes out it takes for the meto to see it, must be a few hours before us?

It's very ambiguous though, just basically says some precip will move north and could be snow or rain.

Edited by Serendipity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Oh well now looks like no snow for the midlands tomorrow nownonono.gif Hopefully the front will come further north than predicted. You never know?

Anyway where's Nick? Must be Sandwell Town losing to Bristol Cityrofl.gif Good old ' Big Chris Iwelumo'smile.gif

Don't worry, I'm still lurking, my feelings on that particular match have been posted in the Championship thread...:crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

So pretty much no snow tomorrow now. :crazy:

Posted

so y has the met off still got heavy snow for us? is it defo not gonna snow as i have gritted my drive lol

Posted

Well we had a decent snow event / topup overnight, dumping another inch or two over Northampton.

However, snow melt today was probably the most rapid I have witnessed since April 6th 2008.

Looking at the latest output for tomorrow, the Midlands is now out of the snow risk zone, with the low much further south than originally predicted. To be honest I'm not too disappointed because I kind of expected a letdown this time.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I dont think we will see any more snow this week. Any more snow this winter will be a bonus i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

as expected quick thaw, left with about as much snow as this time yesterday, 6.6C max now dropping under clear skies 0.7C

think todays snow was my last this winter although maybe leading edge snow on tuesday, but been great

todays snow

post-6661-12667766350417_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12667766929117_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12667767496817_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12667768100717_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12667768600017_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12667769147217_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12667769691117_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

wouldn't it be just great if we ended up getting dumped with snow now that we are all resigned that it ain't going to happen! i still have a tiny bit of hope that wont budge lol!

Posted

Id say for my area there is still around a 20% chance of snow tommorow, with every 25miles further south that probably increases 20%. If the 18z suggests the same then its done and dusted as i cant see a run produced jus 12 hours out getting it that far wrong but then again the precip this morning was about 50+miles further east than expected by the NAE at 6am.

Posted

Id say for my area there is still around a 20% chance of snow tommorow, with every 25miles further south that probably increases 20%. If the 18z suggests the same then its done and dusted as i cant see a run produced jus 12 hours out getting it that far wrong but then again the precip this morning was about 50+miles further east than expected by the NAE at 6am.

I agree, still a bit of scope for some northern adjustment. But 18z output is most likely last chance saloon.

Posted

I agree, still a bit of scope for some northern adjustment. But 18z output is most likely last chance saloon.

when does that come out? how come met off still ave warnings for us ?

Posted

when does that come out? how come met off still ave warnings for us ?

Check on here at 10pm. we should know by then. its a slim chance though that things improve.