Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Cold Spell Discussion

reef

p.s don't believe they have Red Warnings for this but not the snow storm during Feb.

It's maybe the threat of drifting snow that made them put out red warnings? I don't know, but the wind is expected to be strong tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

still belting it down with rain here and the River Esk in Musselburgh is on a Flood Warning. River Tyne here is very close to bursting it's banks , so i fully expect a flood warning for it by midnight.

Here's hoping Sir Rob Mclewee does the a BBC forecast tonight , lol

Esk has burst i belive and the Tyne from earlier had been looking dodgy. (fields etc surrounding were already flooding at 3pm - will see when i pop out what it looks like now.

Coming down in lumps but still very very wet.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

I'm going to cry it's snowing everywhere else and there is a foot on the mountain it's just sleeting here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

When I was on the bus a few hours ago the Blackwater in Fermoy was over the footpaths along the river and close to bursting it's banks.

As for here, the temperature is down to 4.2C and DP 2.2C with little or no precip for the moment.

I'm going to cry it's snowing everywhere else and there is a foot on the mountain it's just sleeting here

You must be too low down and too close to the sea. It does say that the snow will develop away from the north coast. Coleraine is basically on the coast so I'm sorry but you might not be lucky this time round.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

How would you know there is a foot of snow on the mountain?

5.5c here now. :(

Posted

How would you know there is a foot of snow on the mountain?

5.5c here now. :(

Cuz my mum was diverted off it and it's rainging in Derry and linavady and it's actually snowing east instead of west f'in typical

Posted

Yeah but you were nothing really going to get a dumping of snow at your level, probably 100m asl will be pelting it down with snow. Although you are likely to see snow tonight/early morning, I would say 5-8cm for you by morning

Posted

Yeah but you were nothing really going to get a dumping of snow at your level, probably 100m asl will be pelting it down with snow. Although you are likely to see snow tonight/early morning, I would say 5-8cm for you by morning

No because the temps rising

Posted

Cuz my mum was diverted off it and it's rainging in Derry and linavady and it's actually snowing east instead of west f'in typical

There's not even a foot of snow on the Scottish mountains yet.

Btw, it will start to settle soon, give it some time yeah.

Posted

Gone from 5.2c to 4.4 in the space of 20 mins in Newport, South Wales. Dew point 3.3. And it's been hammering it down with rain all day. nonono.gif Good luck (aslong as you like it...) to everyone North England upwards who hasn't had any snow yet. At least you have a chance! drunk.gif

Edited by ToffeeWales

Posted

No it's flooding now and the flakes are so small im not sure it's snow or sleet.. This iss delibretly doing this to me..

Posted

Bursts of proper snow mixed in with the sleet now. Temp down to 1.6c and falling (DP 1c), I'm off out for a few hours but will report back later!

There must be a foot of snow up the big mountains by now, I saw cars in the village this morning with 6" of snow on them and I'm away down in the lowlands. I would think somewhere like Ben More will have had a foot of fresh snow quite easily.

Posted

Gone from 5.2c to 4.4 in the space of 20 mins in Newport, South Wales. Dew point 3.3. And it's been hammering it down with rain all day. nonono.gif Good luck (aslong as you like it...) to everyone North England upwards who hasn't had any snow yet. At least you have a chance! drunk.gif

They got it all wrong here, it's only in the last 2 hours it even started raining. Getting colder now though, maybe we will have a chance afterall.

5.2c.

Posted

No it's flooding now and the flakes are so small im not sure it's snow or sleet.. This iss delibretly doing this to me..

I am almost 100% positive it's not :(

If it's going to snow it will snow, no point getting so upset about it.whistling.gif

Posted

There must be a foot of snow up the big mountains by now, I saw cars in the village this morning with 6" of snow on them and I'm away down in the lowlands. I would think somewhere like Ben More will have had a foot of fresh snow quite easily.

:( I can just imagine you with your trusty ruler stopping a car. "Excuse me mate, just measuring the snow on your roof" LOL!

But yeah, probably on the larger mountains where it has been snowing since early this morning, as for most of the others, nah I doubt it.

Snowdon is just wet in Wales. :D

Posted

Small river has burst its banks. street completely flooded.... Now for the good news it is snowing heavily and blizzard type conditions

:D I can just imagine you with your trusty ruler stopping a car. "Excuse me mate, just measuring the snow on your roof" LOL!

:(

Aye, on some of the mountains it will have been snowing since last night, we had snow here overnight so I don't see why the mountains couldn't have had snow for a while now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

off out conditions are horrendous here but i gotta go - so will check in later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Looking at the latest NAE and the totals are staggering - if much of this falls of snow there could be some interesting headlines over the next few days!

I'm thinking Edinburgh and Aberdeen look well placed for some disruptive snow, really getting going from about midnight.

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/03/30/basis12/ukuk/rsum/10040112_3012.gif

Looking forward to hearing from you all up north!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Temp diving Down Here

6 pm - Temp = 9.2C Dew Point = 8.6C

7 pm - Temp = 8.4C Dew Point = 7.7C

Come on please keep going ( think im fighting a losing battle lol ) :(