Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted

That's no good! Us lot on here are counting on your updates.

You better get the laptop on charge and pronto. :)

Funnily enough, my new laptop battery arrived earlier today  :)  :)

On a weather side of things, looks like it's sleet outside and it's 'blooming' freezing our there  :o Temp: 2.7C, DP: 2.3C

Posted

The rain has steadily turned to snow hre in Derry. My only worry is that it is to wet for it to lye. In saying that over the past 20 minutes the flakes are getting bigger and it is starting to lye on the cars. Heres hoping. Apparently there is atrocius conditions on the Glenshane!!

it will soon start to settl eif its falling as snow, always suprises me how quick snow can lie on soaking wet ground if its cold enough, I am expecting the rain and sleet to turn to snow here just after six oclock even to lower levels :)

Scott

ino my mum is coming over the coleraine mountain im sure its awfull up there... im scared that it wont lie either... EDIt starting to get lucky now nearest station is 1.5c so if it keeps dropping it might lie bhy 6pm?? like the boy from glasgow said earlier.. lol sorry i forgot your name

It will come dont worry the colder air hasn't even arrived in Ireland yet! Keep us updated :)

Scott

Edited by scott_anthony_glasgow

Posted

BBC doesnt even mention southern hills for tonight and tomoro cc_confused.gif

meto update though....

Windy in the south and west with gales in exposed areas. Further showers or longer spells of rain, with sleet or wet snow on high ground of Devon and Somerset. Minimum temperature 1 °C.

Wednesday:

Cold and windy with rain and sleet at first, snow over higher hills and moors of Devon and Somerset. Sunny spells and scattered heavy showers in the afternoon. Maximum temperature 8 °C.

Still sleeting here and has been since late morning. temp 3.5c although fluctuates with showers

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

it will soon start to settl eif its falling as snow, always suprises me how quick snow can lie on soaking wet ground if its cold enough, I am expecting the rain and sleet to turn to snow here just after six oclock even to lower levels :)

Scott

it will come dont worry the colder air has even arrived in Ireland yet!

Scott

aw well there you go then.. itll just need to get a little heavier lol.

Cars are coming down the mountain with a load of snow on them every single one of them.. EDIT: mum is stopped on mountain now lol.

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

BBC doesnt even mention southern hills for tonight and tomoro cc_confused.gif

meto update though....

Windy in the south and west with gales in exposed areas. Further showers or longer spells of rain, with sleet or wet snow on high ground of Devon and Somerset. Minimum temperature 1 °C.

Wednesday:

Cold and windy with rain and sleet at first, snow over higher hills and moors of Devon and Somerset. Sunny spells and scattered heavy showers in the afternoon. Maximum temperature 8 °C.

Still sleeting here and has been since late morning. temp 3.5c although fluctuates with showers

May turn more to snow in swest as temps drop and the heavy precipation returns to the swest uk towards dawn.

Posted

Think this could be quite an epic fail for Belfast unfortunately, ground is saturated, mini rivers flowing everywhere. Must be some huge rainfall totals about. I just can't see any snow lying, if indeed the snow does come. But i live in hope yet with those fancy red warnings from the MetO.

Moderate rain at present with a temp of +4C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Bam! Temperature's dropped from about 12C to 8C in the space of an hour.

There is a smidgeon of hope yet...

Make that 12.6c to 7.5c in an hour.

Posted

Vile day here fresh to strong NE wind and bursts of heavy wet snow with the temperature in the range of 0c to +1c terrible wind chill My prediction of an April sowing date for the spring barley looks correct. Snow is partially settling but if tonights forecast is correct then we should have a good covering in the morning.

Posted

Evening all, just been very brave and drove the Fintry road.... well stupid would be more apt, 4x4 was flung around like a toy, blizzard conditions, horrific puddles (mini lakes), and get home to see the met have cursed us with a red alert!!! aggressive.gif

4" of snow this morning has now all but gone, but may be beaten tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

boy oh boy is this weather exciting or what!!

Now turning more to snow as i speak!! at 5pm lol - looks like we are in for one hell of a night!

Edited by snowy owl

Think this could be quite an epic fail for Belfast unfortunately, ground is saturated, mini rivers flowing everywhere. Must be some huge rainfall totals about. I just can't see any snow lying, if indeed the snow does come. But i live in hope yet with those fancy red warnings from the MetO.

Moderate rain at present with a temp of +4C.

You're right to be a little worried, the red warning on the Met-O site flags it up that Belfast itself won't see much snow:

However the Antrim coast, Belfast City and Ards Peninsula will catch notably less snow

From: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_warnings.html

However, you seem to be at a reasonable height so you never know. As Scott said earlier, heavy snow isn't bothered about wet ground, it'll gather quickly if the snow is heavy enough.

I hope a lot of people get snowed in tonight :o :)

Evening all, just been very brave and drove the Fintry road.... well stupid would be more apt, 4x4 was flung around like a toy, blizzard conditions, horrific puddles (mini lakes), and get home to see the met have cursed us with a red alert!!! aggressive.gif

4" of snow this morning has now all but gone, but may be beaten tonight.

You're jinxed now Cheggers, get the BBQ out :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

boy oh boy is this weather exciting or what!!

Now turning more to snow as i speak!! at 5pm lol - looks like we are in for one hell of a night!

still belting it down with rain here and the River Esk in Musselburgh is on a Flood Warning. River Tyne here is very close to bursting it's banks , so i fully expect a flood warning for it by midnight.

Here's hoping Sir Rob Mclewee does the a BBC forecast tonight , lol

Posted

well its snowibng in here derry limavady and ballymoney as far as i know and the coleraine mountain is jammed packed .. and snow is apparrently nearly 1foot deep? lol ... id say if temps keeo dropping it will lie by nightfall... i would love 6 inches!! pleasse snow gods!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the red warning for most of Scotland INCLUDING Fife. It's 3C here with sleet, which is lying down to around 300 metres, but I am amazed at the predictions of around 15cm widely across the region. And we're in BST - I need a moment to lie down I think!

Posted

It was startin to snow in Ballymena on way home, startin to lie a bit on the shanes hill so the cold air diggin further east. Away from coasts it could be epic

Posted

oh yea... i do too... i loved it in the winter we went sledging and all that has to come please!

Posted

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the red warning for most of Scotland INCLUDING Fife. It's 3C here with sleet, which is lying down to around 300 metres, but I am amazed at the predictions of around 15cm widely across the region. And we're in BST - I need a moment to lie down I think!

Mondy must be loving this, snow, rain, storm, wind all in one!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I hope you lot up North have fun but stay safe. Just mild and rain for us as usual! :aggressive:

Posted

Any reckon perth will get any snow this evening /tonight? bcause it rained most of the time yesterday evening , with a wee bit of snow at night but wet again this morning?

anyone?

Posted

ok whats happening with this thing is it going south.. because if that happens how are we all getting loads of snow? these folk on this irish weather forum are saying its going to head south well all miss out!

Orange warning out for much of the rest of Scotland now...5 to 10cm possible with 15cm in some upland areas. That's it jinxed now for me too...

Warnings from the Met-O here:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

Has anyone ever seen so many warnings for snow at the end of March before?

(C'mon England & Wales...)

Edited by CatchMyDrift