Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Light to moderate snow here, settling, 0c and a fresh to strong NE wind.

NL! Hi, I hope life on the farm's a bit easier for you these days :good:

Heavy snow here now but it seems to have been raining during the night as well as snow so not much collected, maybe an inch or two.

Unbelievable i go away for a few days expecting heavy rain to turn to snow today and guess what its drizzling and it feels like a June night, what the hell happened to our cold spell.

Sorry Eugene, we stole it :lol: Well, actually, someone stuck it on a lorry and sent it up the M6 and it seems to have fallen off half way up the M74 towards Glasgow...

Posted

Morning Catch, Hairy and NL. 0C snowing about an inch here and still snowing.

Lamb's snow......or is it too early to call it that yet? :good:

Edited by Gilly

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Parents are at their van in pembs. Torrential rain has turned to heavy snow. Still mild and drizzly here 50 miles away. Interesting times.

Posted

Parents are at their van in pembs. Torrential rain has turned to heavy snow. Still mild and drizzly here 50 miles away. Interesting times.

Hilarious stuff here, moderate snow falling with some big flakes.

Not sticking yet though.

Morning Catch, Hairy and NL. 0C snowing about an inch here and still snowing.

Lamb's snow......or is it too early to call it that yet? :cold:

Morning Gilly!

Lamb's snow, why not? We saw some lambs on Saturday :)

I'm just back from taking BoyCatch to school. The pavements and roads are just slush so it must have been raining at some point overnight as well as a wee bit of snow. Really heavy snow now though, it's like late February but nowhere near as deep!! :lol:

Absolutely rancid this morning, cold, very wet and very windy. :lol:

Morning HC. That'll be the Black Isle curse then??

I saw a car on the way to school with 6 inches of snow on it. They must live up the backroad somewhere :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Still cold rain and sleet here. Some snow / slush lying in NWest of the city and cars coming in from the West are white. Parts of Perthshire are being hit again.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Still cold rain and sleet here. Some snow / slush lying in NWest of the city and cars coming in from the West are white. Parts of Perthshire are being hit again.

Yea I'm just waiting to the proper colder air undercuts.. only 30-40m above they have lying snow surley it cnt change to snow in that distance

Posted

Snow arrived in Dublin this morning. Sleet now. Expecting blizzard for alot of Ireland tonight. It's certainly going to be interesting!

Posted

Yea I'm just waiting to the proper colder air undercuts.. only 30-40m above they have lying snow surley it cnt change to snow in that distance

I'm surprised you're not seeing snow since the BBC article specifically mentioned conditions being "particularly bad between Coleraine and Maghera."

Posted

I'm surprised you're not seeing snow since the BBC article specifically mentioned conditions being "particularly bad between Coleraine and Maghera."

Nno that's high ground they got snow just up the road from me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Just sleet/rain here. Very cold and windy tho'. Anything for later on?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

meto update for south west is bit more interesting -

Often cloudy with showers or longer spells of rain. Some sunny intervals developing in the west. Wet snow over high ground of Devon and Somerset. Strong to gale force winds already across Cornwall will extend eastwards to Devon and Somerset. Maximum temperature 9 °C.

Tonight:

Windy in the south and west with gales in exposed areas. Further showers or longer spells of rain, with sleet or wet snow on high ground of Devon and Somerset. Minimum temperature 1 °C.

I might see some yet! yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temperture has droped dramaticaly here in the last hour or so from 9.2c to 4.2c and dewpoint falling with it im on ground of 200meters in the far north of Cardiff county so maybe, im only 10miles inland though so its hit or miss I think.

Posted

Temperture has droped dramaticaly here in the last hour or so from 9.2c to 4.2c and dewpoint falling with it im on ground of 200meters in the far north of Cardiff county so maybe, im only 10miles inland though so its hit or miss I think.

I'll be almost contented if I just get to see snow falling rather than laying in this cold spell but you never know. rolleyes.gif

Just looked at radar and there is pink (snow) showing up in cornwall!

Temperature is falling like a stone here also now! I looked an hour ago and it was 8c but now it is only 4.5c! shok.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Turning to snow at 4 or 5 canny wait

I hope you get some snow frosty.

We have had snow on and off all morning here although it's not really coming to much. Maybe about an inch of snow but it is thawing as fast as it is falling. I suspect anywhere a little higher than me will have several inches by now, if some of the cars I saw earlier were anything to go by.

Posted

Good luck,

For some reason we'd had snow here since morning.

Of the wet variety and not sticking but some big juicy flakes and its quite heavy.

Posted

10C, grey and rainy after a low of 9C - where the hell is the cold air? wallbash.gif

Low pressure in the worst possible place as far as I'm concerned. It needs to budge to the east, pronto!

Posted

We now have some sleet in the rain outside! and temperature continues to fall yahoo.gif

We now have some sleet in the rain outside! and temperature continues to fall yahoo.gif

Typical!! I have cold air but not enough precip, you have the precip but not enough cold air. We could do a deal. I'll give you some of my cold air and you can give me some of your precip. Like a timeshare but with the weather :)