Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted

Been raining heavy here all day, Not good been building rear extension on house and has no roof lol. So its flooded now. Localised flooding on roads. Starting to get sleet now. Hope for snow later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

a balmy 3.2C here

Flash warnings now issued from Met for much of central and southern Scotland, and NI

The warnings are all for south and east of here. At the moment it is snowing rather heavily and we have a light covering already. So I wonder what will happen? :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Currently 5C and a bit breezy. Been a lovely warm sunny day :drinks::rolleyes: Not sure I like the look of tomorrow though, uuurgh :rolleyes: Where's all the snow gone?

Currently 5C and a bit breezy. Been a lovely warm sunny day :drinks::rolleyes: Not sure I like the look of tomorrow though, uuurgh :rolleyes: Where's all the snow gone?

Strathclyde stole it all. It's snowing right across the region here tonight, even at low levels in Glasgow.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

This is total crap everytime I come on somewhere else has snow!! What does anyone think about me getting snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Heavy rain at the moment, temperature has dropped a fair bit in the past hour or so, I expect the highest ground will be seeing some wet snow.

For the Lake District as a whole it will be tomorrow night I think before we see the chances of snow to low levels, more especially Wednesday morning as we finally see the colder uppers move into the area (the low pressure has orientated itself in a position which won't favour those cold uppers until Wednesday, Cumbria seems to be caught in slightly milder air right under the low, the 528 dam line doesn't want to show itself in any rush to these parts, but we will get there. Had the low orientated itself some 100-150 miles further east we would have been caught in the snowy firedome and those colder uppers would be quickly descending down across the west of the country. Reminds me a bit of what happened in late Feb, the negative west based NAO is preventing a more direct northerly fetch it seems.

I think Wednesday night is the time to watch if you are in the NW as we see some hefty wintry showers, Thursday looks like being a cold day with further threat of snow showers.

Have to say its a bleak outlook for those in the north wanting some sunshine and settled weather.

Seems like a pretty fair obversation, particularly the way you talk about the arrival of colder air and upper temperatures. Indeed, the North-West positioning of the Low will be helping to cause delays to some very cold air reaching areas. I have to say I wouldn't be surprised if people, especially in Northern and Western areas, to want to see a break to the unsettled cold, wet weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

This is total crap everytime I come on somewhere else has snow!! What does anyone think about me getting snow?

Calm down frosty! you have loads of time to get some good snow yet and remember the other half of UK which is left clutching at straws in this cold spell? If we all screamed and shouted it would be well be quite anoying.

chill it dirol.gif

My straw by the way is tues night into wed morning comon! crazy.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Unlikely until tomorrow night methinks. Especially at sea level.

Posted

Actually getting really bad now, snow coming down, or sideways in sheets, viability down to 200 yards, and winds not even picked up yet!!!

Might spend my last 2 days of NHS work working from home! yahoo.gif

I take it the Regional threads are consigned to history?

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

a balmy 3.2C here

Just a little North we are at 1.2C with wet snow. Not lying here but I am only 25 mtrs asl. Should be snow with any altitude or further inland?

Posted

You will see snow over ireland wed thurs heavy wintry showers patience is the key word.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Ok, this is just a repeat of the February event - same places getting snow, same places missing out totally i.e. here. Enjoy the snow those that have it but yet again it seems unlikely that Fife, Dundee and East Lothian will see anything like the snow seen inland. We had our fun in December and January, and one last dump would've been nice, but at least the hills will get a further dumping, as will Cheggers westwards/upwards in terms of elevation.

Just a little North we are at 1.2C with wet snow. Not lying here but I am only 25 mtrs asl. Should be snow with any altitude or further inland?

It seems the Tay is the dividing line between cold and milder air then so exempt Dundee from the above post!

Posted

Erm we are ment to be getting snow from tonight

Actually getting really bad now, snow coming down, or sideways in sheets, viability down to 200 yards, and winds not even picked up yet!!!

Might spend my last 2 days of NHS work working from home! yahoo.gif

I take it the Regional threads are consigned to history?

Not busy enough for regional threads but we've got in here instead. I think there may be a few people feeling a little envious that we've got snow again. I know I would be if I was missing out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Erm we are ment to be getting snow from tonight

Not what the charts are showing, unless you live on high ground. The odd lower place may get lucky and see a little though.

Posted

Not busy enough for regional threads but we've got in here instead. I think there may be a few people feeling a little envious that we've got snow again. I know I would be if I was missing out.

Shame really as it seems a lot are browsing but not posting as they did over the winter.

Anyway, winter in with a bang out with a bang. drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Ok, this is just a repeat of the February event - same places getting snow, same places missing out totally i.e. here. Enjoy the snow those that have it but yet again it seems unlikely that Fife, Dundee and East Lothian will see anything like the snow seen inland. We had our fun in December and January, and one last dump would've been nice, but at least the hills will get a further dumping, as will Cheggers westwards/upwards in terms of elevation.

It seems the Tay is the dividing line between cold and milder air then so exempt Dundee from the above post!

Definately snow here but only lying on windscreens etc so far. Still 1.2C. Not sure if it sleet further East towards the town but Birkhill/NW Dundee etc should be getting lying snow by now I would think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Still raining here but getting steadily colder (2.3 C) and snow now both N at Soutra and S at Carter bar. Just need the T/snow level to drop maybe 1 C / 100 m and I'm laughing...

Posted

Not what the charts are showing, unless you live on high ground. The odd lower place may get lucky and see a little though.

Well what's the BBC forecast about and why is enniskillen and Glasgow getting snow

Shame really as it seems a lot are browsing but not posting as they did over the winter.

Anyway, winter in with a bang out with a bang. drinks.gif

Well if they read this, they can get posting!! :rolleyes:

I have a feeling that somewhere will be going out with a very large bang. The way the snow has set in over parts of Scotland combined with a strong breeze is going to mean massive drifts somewhere. Somewhere is going to get a complete pasting at altitude. I'm surprised Scott_Anthony hasn't been on yet...although he's usually on at late o'clock.

Still raining here but getting steadily colder (2.3 C) and snow now both N at Soutra and S at Carter bar. Just need the T/snow level to drop maybe 1 C / 100 m and I'm laughing...

It should turn to snow soon then. Picnic table on stand-by :good:

Posted

He's probably busy swimming about in his 2 foot snow drifts :rolleyes:

OK, perhaps that's slightly optimistic!

He was browsing about 30 minutes ago. Anyway for the snow starved members in here.....

post-2849-12698968344355_thumb.jpg post-2849-12698968495355_thumb.jpg

Posted

He was browsing about 30 minutes ago. Anyway for the snow starved members in here.....

post-2849-12698968344355_thumb.jpg post-2849-12698968495355_thumb.jpg

Lovely I wonder if it's like that above me?? Was sleeting there at 5