Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Turning readily to wet snow here - game on for tonight I say! The problem here with the February event (IMO) was the time of day it arrived at, which meant that the majority of the snow that fell fell during the day so really struggled to lie.

Turning readily to wet snow here - game on for tonight I say! The problem here with the February event (IMO) was the time of day it arrived at, which meant that the majority of the snow that fell fell during the day so really struggled to lie.

Alternating between heavy rain and heavy sleet with snow flakes mixed in at the moment.

Still 3.5C though...

Weather warnings out for central areas now:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/st/st_forecast_warnings.html

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Snowing here Ls, it's wet though. Temp here is 2.0 and DP is 1.9 both falling.

Posted

An inch or 2 of snow on the moors this morning (6am) with some settled on the motorway. On the way home, sleet all of the way back from Edinburgh turning more to snow the further west you are. Temp is on the way down here! (3c dp 2c)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

2.3C now, dewpoint of 1.1C with wet snow falling.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

and its still raining here... for god sake!nonono.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

and its still raining here... for god sake!nonono.gif

It says your 38m asl in your profile to the left so your quite low ground so things may remain on the wrong side of marginal for a bit yet!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Evening fellow snow watchers, CMD, LSS et al.

Here was me thinking the winter was over. Was dusting off the BBQ and this comes along.

Pouring with rain at the moment, but T is down 1 C in the last hour and now 3.4.

'30 cm over the hills' That would be fun.

Posted

Here was me thinking the winter was over. Was dusting off the BBQ and this comes along.

Pouring with rain at the moment, but T is down 1 C in the last hour and now 3.4.

You really should do well outta this one SS, though we both missed out last time. If we'd had this setup a month ago, which was only a slight southwards tweak of the actual position of the February snow/sleet/rain fest, I suspect it would've been a bit snowier for all of us.

Posted

It says your 38m asl in your profile to the left so your quite low ground so things may remain on the wrong side of marginal for a bit yet!

So when should it turn to snow.. I'm worried because ppl from ennikillen saying snowing so i might miss out.. I mean how long does it take!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

So when should it turn to snow.. I'm worried because ppl from ennikillen saying snowing so i might miss out.. I mean how long does it take!

Its all quite marginal. I think you may see some snow but not as much as further East. When i dont know but i wouldnt get your hopes up too high because any settling snow will soon melt away.

Posted

Proud to say it's starting to lie on some parts up here in Fife/Lochgelly area :drinks: In particular, roofs, cars, grass etc. Not sure if it will last for long though..........

There may be hope now for us :D

Edited by snowmess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Snow in parts of the north west of Ireland at the moment. Gonna head to Tipperary tomorrow evening as it looks like there could be blizzard conditions then!

As for Cork, light rain and about 10C, as it has been for most of the day...

Posted

Snow in parts of the north west of Ireland at the moment. Gonna head to Tipperary tomorrow evening as it looks like there could be blizzard conditions then!

As for Cork, light rain and about 10C, as it has been for most of the day...

Thanks for informing me typical .. And before anyone says anything it's the hills

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Everything all white :D. Temp is now 1.3 and DP is the same.

Omg stop telling us about your snow the next person that mentions them having snow i'm gonna have a fit

Posted

Rain now turned to snow, and the green grass of spring is beginning to morph into a white blanket of winter. cold.gif

Just fetched the gruesome twosome from Youth club and can honestly say in the wind it is lettuceing cold!!!

Glad to see your getting some LS.

Sorry Frostyjoe just seen your post!

Edited by Cheggers

Evening!! It's like winter all over again in here :D

Still rainy sleet here which keeps going a bit snowy in the heavier bursts and then going back to rain. So close but it could do this all night. The Met-O warning overnight is for further south and east of me, only time will tell what will happen.

Rain now turned to snow, and the green grass of spring is beginning to morph into a white blanket of winter. cold.gif

Just fetched the gruesome twosome from Youth club and can honestly say in the wind it is lettuceing cold!!!

Glad to see your getting some LS.

Sorry Frostyjoe just seen your post!

Some places are going to get a pasting Cheggers. You may well be one of them. I hope you've not got too far to go tomorrow or Wednesday??

Posted

Omg stop telling us about your snow the next person that mentions them having snow i'm gonna have a fit

Chill pill dude. Going by the forecasts Coleraine will do well out of this. Patience :D .

Sleety wet stuff here atm. Temp +3, dew +2.

Posted

Sorry frosty :D, i take it you Didn't get any?

No its just irritating that its raining at 2.5c... and other places are getting snopw... enniskillen is getting snow and that worried me that we were too late... anyway the bbc weather says its changing in the early hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Wouldn't worry frostyjoe, tomorrow night is the one for Ireland!

post-6901-12698889734155_thumb.png post-6901-12698889861555_thumb.png

Posted

Some places are going to get a pasting Cheggers. You may well be one of them. I hope you've not got too far to go tomorrow or Wednesday??

One last pasting would be nice, just hate the wind, goes right through me!

GRI only to hand back my NHS pass keys etc as contract finished, next is either Bellshill or Peebles, so from a travel point of view not sure which is worse. whistling.gif

Posted

Chill pill dude. Going by the forecasts Coleraine will do well out of this. Patience :D .

Sleety wet stuff here atm. Temp +3, dew +2.

ya i think so.. its just other people in ni comin in saying they are having snow and its just icy rain here!