Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather

Posted

Increasing cloud has pegged the temperature back to 25.4c after reaching a high of 26.8c, the highest here since 5th August 2007.

Your message certainly puts this May warm spell into context, the fact that you haven't seen such warm temps since simmer 2007 shows how poor the past couple of summers were for heat in the north. The fact this is May as well shows just how good the weather is in the north of england right now. We haven't even got a long southerly feed of continental air and given that it has come on the back of sustained cold weather and the North Sea is cold, it is quite superb.

Can anyone explain just why temps are so warm at the moment given the background signals etc... I might start a new thread on this..

Posted

The temperature has dropped from 26.1º to 20.8º in around an hour and it is very overcast. Storm on the way?

Starting to rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Hovering around 29-30c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hovering around 29-30c here.

Your WS on Wunderground says 24.9c?

Posted

Mostly cloudy after a clear start. The min temp last night of 14.9C was the highest here since 1985.

The temperature managed to reach 26.7C earlier before the cloud came, making it the warmest May day since 1992 and the 2nd warmest in my 28 years of records.

Currently 25.8C and 54% humidity, a very unpleasant day to be between night shifts :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

29C in Norwich today- hottest place in the country! Currently dropping to 26C so I think we won't quite breach 30C, but it's probably the highest temperature in Norwich since the record-breaking July 2006, again highlighting how exceptional this May heatwave is proving to be.

Some cumulus sprouting up now but no sign of any showers.

Posted

29C in Norwich today- hottest place in the country! Currently dropping to 26C so I think we won't quite breach 30C, but it's probably the highest temperature in Norwich since the record-breaking July 2006, again highlighting how exceptional this May heatwave is proving to be.

Some cumulus sprouting up now but no sign of any showers.

Indeed, its the warmest day since August 2006 here too and a full 2.6C above the highest temperature in the whole of summer 2007 (24.1C).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Another very warm day for may, temperatures in the mid 70's , locally high 70's °F

Temperature: 77 °F / 25 °C

Humidity : 44%

Wind : Light

Outlook: Cooler Tuesday, Heat peaks Monday

23 May 2010 : 16:27 BST

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

In contrast the Weather Underground station at Lowestoft (about 20 miles east of Norwich) has only reached 16.9C!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

25.1C here now. Skies still completely clear, 49% humidity and a light south westerly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

27.6C here, just been to the beach and lovely there, i'd say its about 26C at the coast.

How accurate is wunderground? as it says its 29.1C for my area?

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Got up to 26.6C here apparently, though was probably closer to 26C. Just to test the accuracy of my digital weather station, at 1:30PM I placed an accurate analogue thermometer we use to measure the indoor temp outside in a shady location and it went over 25C (from 21C indoors), so I don't think the 26C I recorded is inaccurate.

Edited by RichardR

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Peaked at 27.8C here. Too bloody hot.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

How accurate is wunderground? as it says its 29.1C for my area?

Depends on individual PWS (Personal weather station) as varying types/ quality of station, along with varying degrees of screening/ exposure, etc. I have looked into them and on the whole, a good 90% are very inaccurate especially in such warm sunny conditions as of late, as they don't seem to care whether they put the sensors in the sun nor take care regards radiation screening.

A minority are accurate, its just a case of looking and comparing those close to you.

For example in the Coventry area, they are wildly off giving up to 8c too high in these conditions- a waste of time!

However some people own high quality stations such as the Davis that is well screened and these are usually accurate.

Today's report

Clear and calm last night.

Unbroken sunshine and really very warm/ hot for late May!

Light southerly to early afternoon, then a moderate NW sea breeze. Temperature dropped off from a peak of 26c at 1300 to 22c by 1500 where at stayed for the rest of the afternoon.

Min: 7.3c @ 0500

Max: 25.9c @ 1300 (adjusted down by 1c from 26.9c as the breeze was southerly)

Dry yesterday and today.

Currently: Warm and sunny still.

Temp: 21.1c

Pressure: 1022mbar, falling slowly.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Just came back in after getting fried today in the sun, been a gorgeous day with no cloud in sight until an hour ago, still mostly sunny now and 24.9c after a high of 26.6c

Posted

I agree. In general the Weather Underground sites serving Tyne and Wear/Durham tend to be pretty good- Paul Tall's in Newton Aycliffe gives very representative values while Neil Bradshaw's in Marsden, with the exception of occasional suspiciously high maxima in late winter and early spring, also tends to be pretty good.

But I remember checking out the Weather Underground sites for the Hull district on the 11th May (when Reef was reporting a sleety shower from the area). Most sites were reporting maxima of 17-20C, and a few were approaching 25C, when official maxima in the area were down at 11-13C!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Depends on individual PWS (Personal weather station) as varying types/ quality of station, along with varying degrees of screening/ exposure, etc. I have looked into them and on the whole, a good 90% are very inaccurate especially in such warm sunny conditions as of late, as they don't seem to care whether they put the sensors in the sun nor take care regards radiation screening.

A minority are accurate, its just a case of looking and comparing those close to you.

For example in the Coventry area, they are wildly off giving up to 8c too high in these conditions- a waste of time!

However some people own high quality stations such as the Davis that is well screened and these are usually accurate.

Today's report

Clear and calm last night.

Unbroken sunshine and really very warm/ hot for late May!

Light southerly to early afternoon, then a moderate NW sea breeze. Temperature dropped off from a peak of 26c at 1300 to 22c by 1500 where at stayed for the rest of the afternoon.

Min: 7.3c @ 0500

Max: 25.9c @ 1300 (adjusted down by 1c from 26.9c as the breeze was southerly)

Dry yesterday and today.

Currently: Warm and sunny still.

Temp: 21.1c

Pressure: 1022mbar, falling slowly.

Ok thanks, maxed out at 28.4C, currently 28C and feels hot and uncomfy! Humidity 42% with virtually no wind.

Posted

Wow this PWS close to my parents reached 34c!!

Hot spot

Met Office stations peaked around 27c in the West Midlands today.

While this one some 20 miles away reached almost 27c (Davis)

Accurate spot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Today’s weather

Pressure 1020.5hPa

Current Temp 24.2c

Highest Temp 24.7c

Lowest Temp 12.6c

Humidity 56%

Dewpoint 14.8c

Windchill 24.2c

Min Windchill 12.6c