Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports

Posted

Just had a mini thunderstorm near Peterlee in County Durham, shower lasted a few minutes; very tropical.

Thunderstorm just to the east of Darlington approaching from the ESE, no lightning yet, thunder getting louder and sky going a strange pinky yellow colour. Come on my son!

:yahoo: :yahoo: yahoo.gif

Mark H

Thunderstorm just to the east of Darlington approaching from the ESE, no lightning yet, thunder getting louder and sky going a strange pinky yellow colour. Come on my son!

:yahoo: :yahoo: yahoo.gif

Mark H

:wallbash:Me and my big mouth. One flash and it was over

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Was some great lightning displays over the sea that night that lasted until the early hours.

Posted

Had a storm move through my area at around 2:30 am this morning which lasted around 45 minutes, this radar image shows its size and precipitation:

post-131-023766200 1277815778_thumb.png

It wasn't an especially powerful storm though it had some quite frequent lightning in it, mostly IC and sheet with some loud rumbles.

So long no storms club 2010.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not normal for the UK

Small storm here in Peterborough at 16:50, seems to have fizzled out a little but i expect more!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

2 Thunderstorms to report... First cell developed to the east of Swansea, mostly a few flashes and cracks of thunder. Second cell, much more intense from the South...Torrential downpours, gusty winds and some frequent lightning for around 20 minutes.

Posted

2 storms here as well so far

1st at approx 2.30pm Plenty of thunder, IC lightning. Torrential rain. Lasted approx 30 mins

2nd been going off for half hour or so. Constant deep rumbles of thunder, a few CG & IC strikes seen. Still carrying on as I type - still feeling rather humid and skies to my south are black.

Posted

just had 2 storms here on merseyside,still rumbling now fequent lightening and rumbling that didnt stop....at last my wait for a storm is over !!!

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

Was a thundery shower well to the west of me around 16:30, 2 showers passed overhead in total now but no thunder from these, some nice colours on the radar at the moment.

Edited by dave.p

Posted

Well storm 2 is still going on, brilliant! not seen anything like this in the 7 years I've been here.

Sky & Freeview still off!!!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Little storm passed by just to the east at 1735, with 2 flashes of lightning per minute and some loudish thunder, also power outages for a few seconds. It moved on to affect Aberystwyth at 1800.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Thunder in Beverley atm: storm approaching slowly from the south at the moment. Rain is gradually getting heavier. First rumbles heard at 19:00.

Heavy shower at 16:00 also and my wife reports there was a single rumble during that one. Rain was stair-rodding at the time yet, at 18:00 the roads were completely dry again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Torrential rain on and off for the last half hour, whilst just before this started there was frequent lightning to the west (though barely visible), and one bright flash of lighting followed by a rumble of thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A thunderstorm to the east of here ( probably in the Alfreton, Clay Cross area ) between 1545 and 1620 g.m.t. Nothing more than light rain here and some strong gusts of wind but there was very heavy rain falling only a couple of km east of me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Thunder and lightening with heavy rain in Milton Keynes between 7.30 and 8pm :winky:

Posted

Very strong tstorm through west leeds at about 6pm.

Was out running and had to shelter under a bridge.

Frequent CG lightening and torrential run turned roads in to rivers.

Best Ive seen for many a year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Got a large smooth based cloud moving over Peterlee now coming from the south rather the south east like the last few hours.

Posted

Storms around Sheffield and Rotherham. Torrential rain at times. Storm over eastern part of Sheffield produced a funnel cloud at 9:40pm. No photos unfortunately.

Posted

Storms around Sheffield and Rotherham. Torrential rain at times. Storm over eastern part of Sheffield produced a funnel cloud at 9:40pm. No photos unfortunately.

yes it looked as if the heavier parts were west of me, just rather heavy rain for a time nothing to write a report about.

Posted

Had a storm here from around 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM which rumbled on for an hour or so afterwards as it moved away, here is a link to a post I made during it which has pictures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Small thundery cell produced some Thunder and Lightning just to my NW....missed it by about 10 miles, but got some pics.

post-7838-043509400 1279215416_thumb.jpgpost-7838-037060100 1279215375_thumb.jpgpost-7838-094502500 1279214743_thumb.jpgpost-7838-002719900 1279214670_thumb.jpgpost-7838-098535400 1279214613_thumb.jpgpost-7838-079961700 1279214582_thumb.jpgpost-7838-087936800 1279214552_thumb.jpgpost-7838-022954200 1279214294_thumb.jpgpost-7838-052884000 1279214261_thumb.jpgpost-7838-095039100 1279214226_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud formations

Thunderstorm over Lincoln at the present time, very dark clouds and large raindrops.