Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports

Posted

Three showers here today, first one produced around 6-7 rumbles of thunder, not sure about lightning. The other 2 were fairly heavy but produced nothing interms of lightning and thunder. Nevertheless my 3rd storm of the year.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Two rumbles of thunder from weak cells 5-7 miles E/SE at about 1700.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Was a funnel cloud just about 10 miles away from me yesterday from the storm I went a little crazy over at about 5pmish. Can't believe it, wish it had of been a direct hit now.

Heres the link to the news video taken by someone.

http://www.u.tv/UTVMediaPlayer/Default.aspx?vidid=131512&chapid=107122&arti_id=f0ae2cc9-9d3c-49da-bd69-77f1d16eb47c

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a rather exciting thunderstorm here, started up about 15 minutes ago, lightning pretty close every minute or two, with really loud crackling thunder overhead. Very heavy rain and hail followed, roads now awash with torrents of water.

Surprising and very welcome!

edit: Thunder continuing now to my south east, every minute now, still reasonably close to. The core of the storm passed right overhead and became electrical, check postcode S18. I got very lucky it seems!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud formations

We've just had loud thunder overhead, intense rain - 6.2 mm in the last hour.

Posted

Thunder just heard in Eastbourne, lets hope this is here for the day!

Posted

A nice storm passed through here during the night, quite frequent thunder and lightning. Believe thats the 5th storm we've had this year.

Posted

Caught a train from Nuneaton to Birmingham on Saturday morning, the service was just starting to recover from disruption which was apparently caused by lightning striking signalling equipment somewhere in the Coleshill Parkway area, during Fridays storms. This would fit as quite a few big blobs passed just to my east and north that afternoon, and the thunder was very loud for a time even though it was not directly over my location.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A single flash of lightening here in Cork City, best I've had all year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

small thunderstorm passed through here (Penkridge, staffs) around 1400hrs....12 loud cracks of thunder, no lightning observed though, plus torrential rainfall for 30 mins giving 18mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A weak thunderstorm passed through the Norwich area at 5-6pm, with some impressive cloud effects.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A small but intense shower with thunder went through at 2pm yesterday. That's three days in a row!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

The year's second thunderstorm has passed through. It was a fairly small but quite electrically active one. Some very angry clouds gathered to the north and west and I saw two overhead flashes of lightning and several loud rumbles of thunder. Has been raining fror about 15 minutes, with about 5 minutes of torrential rain.

Posted

Hi about 5-30 this evening just after tea had a look over Newbury was greeted by a very heavy rain shower heading our way and to my surprise it turned out to be a proper thunderstorm! It hit about ten minutes later and last nearly thirty minutes,with plenty of cloud to cloud lightning and some very loud thunder! There was two spells of very heavy rain.The storm moved over in a north westerly direction and it seemd like there was a line of storms. After the storm had passed the sky looked awesome as the sun was setting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A very active thunderstorm passed to the south of here between 1520 and 1630 g.m.t. The thunder was almost continuous from 1520 until 1600. Some very heavy rain about 7 miles south of here but we had only a few large spots.

Another storm following a similar track as I type though this one is less severe.

Posted

A few distant rumbles here in Walsall late afternoon but nothing more as storms skirted past to the North.

Around 7pm, the thunder was heard again, but this time getting nearer. This was the beginning of the best full blown TS have seen here for quite some time. Peak lightning rates were in the region of 4-6 flashes per minute with torrential rain for a while and some nice booming thunder! Nice while it lasted (around an hour!).

• 3 months later...
Posted

Forecast Track for Cyclone 043

This is for a cyclone just north of the uk.

and the link http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/PREMIUM/cyclonetrack_cyclone_ensembles.asp?cyclone=043

Sometimes, each ensemble run won't develop the same system, this means that it can only have a few tracks as opposed to clustered ones which feature for already existing systems.

mm_20_cyclone_depression.png Depression (981-1013mb)

mm_20_cyclone_gale.png Gale (961-980mb)

mm_20_cyclone_storm.png Storm (941-960mb)

mm_20_cyclone_cyclone.png Cyclone (less than 940mb)

• 2 months later...
Posted

Thunderstorm accompanied by a gale force southerly squall at 0250, also 5 minutes or so torrential rain and hail. Fairly frequent and close TL, brilliant flashes and forks, many within 1 mile. Thunder not so loud though, somewhat drowned out by the roar of the wind and hail/ rain. 3mm fell in 10 minutes.

Temperature peaked at 13.3c just before this, and dropped to 11c afterwards. Also, pressure dipped to 1003mbar just before the storm only to suddenly rise to 1006mbar by 0300! Quite a significant little trough!

Edited by Tonyh

• 1 month later...
Posted

Not sure where the latest weather reports thread has gone..but right now where I am its gone very cloudy. It looks like rain could start any minute. Both Liverpool and Manchester and a few other place close by are reporting the highest temperature in the UK according to the met office at 19.9C (weird thing is, the temp has increased since 3pm, with a slight dip down to 19.6C at about 7 then managed to climb back up to 20.1C at 8pm), while generally the rest of the country is now at around 15/16C.

No rain, no thunder..a slight cool breeze from the East at 7mph. I got this feeling we could be in for a terrific thunderstorm tonight / overnight here.

So far 18 days with not 1 drop of rain..hopefully tonight that ends.

Looks though like Saturday early evening is when the best chance to catch a thunderstorm is here with a storm risk of 70%

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Good God this thread is from May 2010 :o Has it really been that long since we had proper thunderstorms?

I hope for thunder tonight but its an outside chance for me looking at the radars ATM...

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, ice.

Thunder in Workington and heavy rain.

Posted

Still cloudy and no rain and definitely no sign of thunder yet, temperature still at insane levels 18.4C.

Correction: 9.52pm Lightening strke off in the distance to the south, no thunder, no rain.

Further update at 10.22pm

4 cloud to cloud strikes, wind gust to 45mph , 3 subdued thunder claps and 3.7mm rain in an incredible 12 minute period, almost reminded me of a few months back last year in Boston, MASS such was the deluge of rain we had in a very short period of time.

As abruptly as it started it stopped, with a few spots of light rain falling. Temperature slightly lower at 17.8C, but still pretty high for this time of night in this location. Expecting a lot more to come through the night and much more tomorrow night. The wind has completely dropped from what was a full blown gale to not even a slight breeze.Its very muggy and warm as you can imagine.

Edited by HotCuppa