Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Its been slow to get going but I know see though the haze some rarther nice Cu and Tcu bubbling up. I personally think we are too far west today, but anything east of brum could be in for a fun evening.

Posted

Now I've noticed rather vigourous convection to West and South West, in towards the city centre, looks very dark down there which would explain the reports of heavy rain in West London.

Posted

Me thinks another cell now likely to pop-up v soon near Kings Langley and head NE across St Albans. Looks developmental in that area of SW Herts...

Posted

Now I've noticed rather vigourous convection to West and South West, in towards the city centre, looks very dark down there which would explain the reports of heavy rain in West London.

Yes - a pretty vigorous little cell right now over the likes of Ealing / Perivale, with lively PPN rate on radar with each passing minute...

Posted

Me thinks another cell now likely to pop-up v soon near Kings Langley and head NE across St Albans. Looks developmental in that area of SW Herts...

Any time scale on this? I have to walk to a party which is taking place partially in a garden, not good news! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Nothing particularly impressive up in Norwich so far convection-wise but high cloud is increasing from the SW with some altocumulus castellanus going up as well.

Posted

Looking at XCWeather.co.uk,you can clearly see a nice wind converging zone just to the SW of London :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Very milky skies and more cloud towards the west , north west... patches of cumulus and altocumulus

Posted

towards Chelmsford then smile.gif !

Likely to be a direct hit, assuming it retains identity and development.... some potent PPN rates with this cell now.... see below. No SFERICS as yet.

post-8233-12757522892196_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Regarding Norfolk, those cells going up around London look like they'll be on a collision course for the Norwich area if they maintain their intensity. Another cell is going up to the west of the one we've just been discussing, according to the latest 5 minute radar update.

Posted

Cell is directly outside my backdoor and seems to be hanging no wind at present slow moving towards the North, North West not producing anything at present.

Posted

Afternoon all,, well temp here only got to 23 c and at present 21 c with 55% humidity, thats my fault for having the sea on my doorstop .Skys turned milky about 2 hrs ago and doesn't

seem muggy, so quick question do i water the garden tonight or will they get drowned later in a storm ???

Also of topic i always get migrane before storm but i haven't today

Posted

Any chance of a storm in Northern Ireland.

Watch issued according to our weather advisory service at work

I hope for even alittle storm

Posted

Certainly some home grown heavy showers starting to crop up, with the potential of them started to turn thundery. As for the French import of storms later tonight/tomorrow morning - I'm not convinced for the SE - maybe will clip Kent, but not sure they will reach as far as London.

Hopefully I'll be eating humble pie tomorrow though laugh.gif

Posted

It can't be long before one of those cells fire up and we start to see reports of lightning. Anyway the London region has set off some cells along what does appear to be something of convergence line running from London up through S.Essex.

The whole area is to my north and I can't see through the cloud deck that has formed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Nothing particularly impressive up in Norwich so far convection-wise but high cloud is increasing from the SW with some altocumulus castellanus going up as well.

Pretty much the same here now I'm back from the shops, plus I would add a freshening breeze. Will be going swimming at a pool about 10 miles away soon. Will report back later.

Posted

Heavy development a few miles to my West now, with quite a significant Easterly motion.

Can easily see the tops of a line of developing showers, there is also more isolated and scattered convection about showing strong upwards motion.

Aircraft flying the Lambourne approach for Heathrow are having to head South and then West instead of South West to get around the Southern side of the storms.

Edited by jshaw

Posted

Spoke too soon it seems, reintensifying again now.

I'm keeping an eye on that area to the north of London as I'm betting some further heavy showers will break out in that area some time soon.