Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Outflow from the storms around us killing off the stuff just to SW thats on its way, typical!

Posted

According to my friend jan, it's thundering like mad in skelmersdale, and she'll post a few pics of the clouds later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just had some more heavy rain, suns then poped out in a gap in the cloud, only had heavy rain so far today. Clouds to my south dont look in the least bit stormy! is that it for here now or is there still a chance we could get our first storm of the year?

Posted

Its been quiet here most of the afternoon with all the action further west. But interesting developments just approaching Cornwall. Surely there must be storms with that lot!

Posted

I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash: --- :rolleyes:. I saw that baby develop outside my window here in Notts and drift due north. I thought my name was on it, but it was just 5 miles too west of me DOH! It looked beautiful on radar, we just got a few rumpbles and embedded flashes with some rain, but thats it.

That is much much more than many people have had Crimson!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Is that a Squall line I see in Cornwall moving East...........

I think it could be! :wallbash:

Some very big looking towers out in the Channel at the moment as well.

Edited by philglossop

Posted

Just had some more heavy rain, suns then poped out in a gap in the cloud, only had heavy rain so far today. Clouds to my south dont look in the least bit stormy! is that it for here now or is there still a chance we could get our first storm of the year?

there's another front/line of showers possibly making there way over the south west of england but they are not storms yet and given what we've already had (most of the action has been in Swansea and west of there) it's unlikely - but you never know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not a lot happening of interesting in the South at the moment, based on recent radar output.

Certainly several areas of interest further N and W in the UK.

Potential later on this evening for something to happen in southern areas, but whether it will be that interesting once we lose solar heating, will remain to be seen!

Thinking tomorrow afternoon/evening could be interesting - MetO invent seems to suggest something a bit showery on the leading edge of the heavy rainfall arriving later tomorrow - certainly some heavy pulses for SW and C areas in particular, with some more moisture on the Eastern side...could be interesting.

Posted

According to my friend jan, it's thundering like mad in skelmersdale, and she'll post a few pics of the clouds later.

That storm has just skirted us here and it was constant thunder, no gaps whatsoever. Must have been a hell of a storm to be under.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

The thunderstorms appear to be organising themselves into bands in central and eastern areas on the radar. I haven't given up hope just yet, I hope its not too late! I notice there is a potent line in Northern England now, maybe I'll see something as it passes to my west...