Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

If that Leicester cell can hold itself together then I am on a good E-W orientated road to intercept it, it seems to be developing on a line to that goes from Leicester towards London. Any thoughts on its likelihood of surviving this far north.

The Humber cell seems to have disintegrated. Maybe need the higher CAPE to reach the area later.

I need that Leicester cell to

1) keep its intensity/electricity!

2) keep a N or more preferably NNW track. No easterly element or I'm screwed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

I can confirm the reports of a storm out Telford Way, think were on the edge of it, unsure of widn direction so not sure if we will get much more than the 4/5 deep rumbles we have had thus far...

Thats pretty much all we have had all summer thus far.

Hope someone round here catches a good storm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

right a small non-power full cell is forming in the middle of london and reading north... That is becomeing more powerfull lets hope it will make a light show

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Complete area of nothingness South of Coventry, as it so often goes..nonono.gif

Any thoughts on whether something could still develop for us in the Birmingham / Coventry area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Big thunderstorm about to hit, i have not seen the clouds this black since i was in Florida!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

:yahoo:first faint flash and rumble heard in Notts!!!!!! lightly raining and dark to my west. Camera and earplugs ready for action!!!!!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nice 5 minute torrential downpour from nowhere, developed over us.

Posted

Wow very loud thunder watch out gloucestershire :pardon:

:unsure:

camera ready

i can see a anvil west glos

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Some multicell storm organisation now across parts of the E and SE Midlands, moving into an environment further east of stronger deep layer shear especially as cells head towards Cambs/the Wash and Lincs, could form some bowing line segments with strong wind gust and hail threat, perhaps maybe even a tornado as peak instability is reached early evening and winds back ahead of line of storms along cold front:

post-1052-022021200 1279122318_thumb.png

Hoping personally that some of the storms coming out of Cherbourg Peninsula area/Normandy can make landfall across Sussex/Kent later too.

Posted

what do you mean the cherbourg one pat? all that stuff coming my way?

it just looks the best one to me.....plenty of lightning...If it doesnt die its going to be a good storm for some down the southern counties

snap...as Nick .F sees the same

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Things have just goten alot better here recently and more dark clouds to the south netweather showing a cluster of cells a few miles south of here.

Posted

right a small non-power full cell is forming in the middle of london and reading north... That is becomeing more powerfull lets hope it will make a light show

This cell is forming to the North of me sun is out not sure if it will produce anything so far only a light shower, but hopefully the sun is going to feed more energy, temp are rising really hot outside wind has picked up, fingers crossed!

Posted

Complete area of nothingness South of Coventry, as it so often goes..nonono.gif

Any thoughts on whether something could still develop for us in the Birmingham / Coventry area?

Good chance especially as you now have sunshine. See theres already one developing near Warwick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I can see some mammatus on the western flank of the ex-continental batch over the East Anglia coast at the moment, but the potent stuff is mostly out at sea.

Posted

Thunderstorm has passed with 2-3 miles of my location...many rumbles heard and a few flashes seen....the thunder drought is over :unsure:

Posted

I hope the cherbourg one is good i may travel a bit for that if slightly to the east or west lol

I wish I could join you mate.....that would be my target :unsure:

good luck...take a video cam also