Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Gutted, this storm is skirting east of Shrewsbury and looking at the radar will be lucky to anything else in the next couple of hours. Telford looked to take a good hit thought - Stafford and Stoke look next on the hit list for that cell (looks like its still growing too) Nice to here a good few deep rumbles... but it leaves you wanting so much more!

Edited by SalopWatcher

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Black in Carmarthen:

Carmarthen cam

Nice line of intense stuff now west of here down to the Gower!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

:wallbash: one flash of lightning and one rumble of thunder and the radar has that cluster to my west looking mighty fine, yet NOTHING except light gray rain :unsure: what happened????????????

WHERE'S MY STORM!!!!!?????????!!!!!!! :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

This cell is forming to the North of me sun is out not sure if it will produce anything so far only a light shower, but hopefully the sun is going to feed more energy, temp are rising really hot outside wind has picked up, fingers crossed!

Yep i can see the sun just about a mile east of me ... hopefully the sun will make it higher cape? p.s are you in eailing? or harrow?

Posted

Thunderstorm has passed with 2-3 miles of my location...many rumbles heard and a few flashes seen....the thunder drought is over :unsure:

And there you were at around 8-9am saying you'd given up for the day!

Whyever anyone would give up in the early morning is beyond me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Just had a hell of a storm here, lasted about 20 mins, lots of lightning and deep thunder. The rain though was most impressive, its like you would see on the news broadcasts of hurricanes! Awesome!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Good chance especially as you now have sunshine. See theres already one developing near Warwick.

Soon as you posted we just got our first bit of sunshine! And I can finally see some promising formations.

Things are looking more encouraging!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Gutted, this storm is skirting east of Shrewsbury and looking at the radar will be lucky to anything else in the next couple of hours. Telford looked to take a good hit thought - Stafford and Stoke look next on the hit list for that cell (looks like its still growing too) Nice to here a good few deep rumbles... but it leaves you wanting so much more!

Not Stafford...its passing a good 15-20 miles to the west of stafford...however, another potent cell has fired up just to the south of Birmingham, and given the current steering wind flow, then that cell should make itself known to us in the Stafford area in the next hour or so

Posted

Not Stafford...its passing a good 15-20 miles to the west of stafford...however, another potent cell has fired up just to the south of Birmingham, and given the current steering wind flow, then that cell should make itself known to us in the Stafford area in the next hour or so

the cells around Avon have intensified...so should make it here at some point then up to you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

looks like we have another shower coming up from the south, again i dont think there will be any thunder or lightning! I dont actually think we will get a thunderstorm now, just heavy showers!

Edit: it seems to have gone to my west again! i think there is an anti-storm bubble here again lol

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

:wallbash: one flash of lightning and one rumble of thunder and the radar has that cluster to my west looking mighty fine, yet NOTHING except light gray rain :unsure: what happened????????????

WHERE'S MY STORM!!!!!?????????!!!!!!! :pardon:

About 6 miles east of you. We have torrential rain and some thunder. Can't say I've seen any lightning but then I haven't been looking.

Posted

If that Leicester cell can hold itself together then I am on a good E-W orientated road to intercept it, it seems to be developing on a line to that goes from Leicester towards London. Any thoughts on its likelihood of surviving this far north.

The Humber cell seems to have disintegrated. Maybe need the higher CAPE to reach the area later.

If i was you, i would just head SSW of you tonight :unsure:

Things could still kick off for my area, but i reckon SSW of Doncaster

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Sun came out just 20 minutes ago....looks like some cumulus starting to develop from my S, very fresh looking and shooting up dramatically. Not expecting anything today. Tommorow is my main day.

Posted

Im rather envious of the impressive stuff that went by too far east to touch me, congrats to those who got that.

Is there a cut-off point at some time that I should use to give up for my location tonight and get on with something else instead?

Posted

That was a nice little storm earlier - rainfall was stupendous!

Hoping for some more as there seems to be alot of dark clouds heading this way.

Posted

Another one just skeeted over us, few good flashes & rumbles. That's two short storms in one day :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not normal for the UK

Frequent thunder here in peterborough, some nice "black" skies too! looks like it may be a big one!