Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Anyone in south wales? Bridgend? Nice cell just gone passed to my east of Swansea. Quite lively thunder.

I think thats the one that just passed to my west, as looked very stormy with heavy rain! just hope something hits here!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Anyone in south wales? Bridgend? Nice cell just gone passed to my east of Swansea. Quite lively thunder. Radar shows cells becoming intense now

Yup it just went right over me...thunder and some lightning. The rainfall intensity was most impressive though :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I think thats the one that just passed to my west, as looked very stormy with heavy rain! just hope something hits here!!

So it passed us both! In the middle of us! It wasnt very big though. Not much rain falling here yet, have not got any of the torrential stuff. There is another cell to my southwest but i think it will miss me to the WEST!. Very large booms from that one, it looks more intense

Yup it just went right over me...thunder and some lightning. The rainfall intensity was most impressive though :wallbash:

Interesting, no rain here but i was watching it!

Posted

Heads up West and NW London for the next 30 Mins - The Cells down near Crawley are Heading NNW & Should become Electrified soon. Would expect these to head up into W Herts and Cambs later.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's gone super dark here now, it's gunna smash it down any minute. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some thunder in this.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Thunderstorm to my east here! Very loud rumbles but to my east god damn i am not a happy bunny!

Good for you! Thats not coming my way though, they are now tracking slightly east of northwards rather than due north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Music to my ears! Yep, satellite showing cloud thinning and breaking from the south-west, and visually much brighter to my SW. Next few hours will be interesting.

Sure is. Some patches of blue sky been recently appearing to the South of me, and seems to be heading Northwards. The clouds starting to look a touch more stormy at the same time, too. :help:

Looks like that stretched shower down on the South Coast (according to the radar) may reach Central areas:

The shower of... Truth!

post-10703-084229900 1279118836_thumb.jp

But should that shower (or other showers which may develop) struggle to reach here, I'm going to use that ginormous vacuum cleaner I made two weeks ago and suck up that large area of thundery rain over France and dump it over here. (He, he....) :wallbash:

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Heads up West and NW London for the next 30 Mins - The Cells down near Crawley are Heading NNW & Should become Electrified soon. Would expect these to head up into W Herts and Cambs later.

Paul S

Really? All radars I'm viewing show them moving N or ever so slightly NNE, although orientated NNW to SSE...

Sky going dark to our S anyway Paul...hopefully we might just get something!!

Posted

Good for you! Thats not coming my way though, they are now tracking slightly east of northwards rather than due north.

There's another one beneath it and slightly further west that might get to you though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

IIIINCOOOMIINGG

There's no escape now! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

What about the one heading into Leicester now? :wallbash:

Hey keep me updated on the yellow blob thats about to hit you. I just got back online from my computer being slow and NOT. RESPONDING. and was trying to post before that to say I didnt notice the Oxford cluster until I read you and AJPoolshark's posts.. now that Im back, let me know if oyu get any sferics! Still gray and puke up here..... dry.gif

Posted

It's gone super dark here now, it's gunna smash it down any minute. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some thunder in this.

Thats held together well Andy and is a big one, should affect much of Leicestershire.Oh yes and it is electrified!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Really? All radars I'm viewing show them moving N or ever so slightly NNE, although orientated NNW to SSE...

Sky going dark to our S anyway Paul...hopefully we might just get something!!

Harry

The Radar is showing them looking like they are moving NNE But as they Move North towards the approaching Low they are getting pulled NNW. Going to be a close call for C London on this one and yes sky to the South is getting Black

Paul S

Posted

just driven from Banbury to Bicester looks to be quite a bit of convection towards Northampton direction (NE) and southwards, then a bit of a clearer area visable southwards then some cloud to south west visable so quite a bit going on at the moment hopfully the heat from brighter patch will pep things up a bit

Edited by gpspete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Thunder to my west every minute or so over Exeter area! strengthening on radar. Missing me though..

Seems like your spot is a bit of a "non-thunderstom hotspot"- it might just be luck, but it could also be to do with localised factors like distance from the coast, distance from Dartmoor etc. I recall that on all three of the occasions that I had thunderstorms while at the Met Office, your location saw rather less.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Harry

The Radar is showing them looking like they are moving NNE But as they Move North towards the approaching Low they are getting pulled NNW. Going to be a close call for C London on this one and yes sky to the South is getting Black

Paul S

Indeed - already starting to veer slightly Westwards though C London should still get slammed...getting darker...any minute now I reckon

Posted

There's another one beneath it and slightly further west that might get to you though

Indeed if it holds that long, its an hour off here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hey keep me updated on the yellow blob thats about to hit you. I just got back online from my computer being slow and NOT. RESPONDING. and was trying to post before that to say I didnt notice the Oxford cluster until I read you and AJPoolshark's posts.. now that Im back, let me know if oyu get any sferics! Still gray and puke up here..... dry.gif

Well miss Crimson... I can confirm it's got thunder in it :wallbash:

Just heard some a minute ago, I thought it might reach Leicester and it did.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

some nice stuff coming up from NW france :wallbash: