Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well..not that many very heavy showers around so far over E&W, we had quite a few this morning here though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well if the future radar is to believed then Wiltshire will be hit from the Brest Storms around 4.pm

With a bot of luck they'll regenerate as they head up into the midlands, although I would expect more home growns before then....If GFS is to be believed, the most conducive time for home growns in the midlands is between mid afternoon & late evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Seems to be a heavy shower just East of Oxford heading straight North. I would like to see that intensify!

Posted

With a bot of luck they'll regenerate as they head up into the midlands, although I would expect more home growns before then....If GFS is to be believed, the most conducive time for home growns in the midlands is between mid afternoon & late evening

yea thats what Im hopeing for myself...they re-ignite as they hit Sidmouth area and spread up into Avon,Glos north eastwards...long shot...but this does look like the track

IOW radar shows a lot of lightning with this lot.....just hope it doesnt die

desperation :rolleyes:

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Those showers over the south west and over the channel, are they likely to turin into anything interesting?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yea thats what Im hopeing for myself...they re-ignite as they hit Sidmouth area and spread up into Avon,Glos north eastwards...long shot...but this does look like the track

the only problem is, as W09 mentioned, is the amount of high level cloud, it has a natural dampening effect on convection, indeed Sat24 visisat shows thats extensive over the mainland :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Supercells over France/Benelux look stunning on Sat24 at the moment! Lucky gits!!!

Posted

Supacell, clouding over here, some pretty nice cloud formations, certainly some bases firing up.

Wind has picked up a little also.

lewis

Thanks mate.

Highest CAPE still west of here if GFS charts are to be believed, so certainly west of you. GFS shows best storm probablilty for this evening, but Met Office seem to think showers will die out after 7pm.

Alhough an interesting line of showers pushes north overnight on the Meto rainfall predictions.

And... does anyone thing the French storms will survive the channel. If they do and turn multicellular then they would probably get quite far north too.. (heres hoping lol)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I not holding much hope here right now :rolleyes:

It's surprisingly quiet for anything stormy in your area at the moment. I was expecting to see something better than that for the Scottish borders.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Seems to be a heavy shower just East of Oxford heading straight North. I would like to see that intensify!

thats what i'm tracking its going north east ... towards me...

Posted

wouldnt surprise me the cells in Devon exploding either as the afternoon goes by.

sat24 showing some nice deep convection building around the Cornish coast also

Posted

MetO invent still quite keen on a line of heavy showers/storms to stretch NE'wards from Wales down towards the SE, seemingly along a trough!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

hi all! been reading posts all very exciting, think best chance for a very long time for surrey , watching france and channel of course, some parts of the south/se have risk of storms overnight as much as afternoon and eve i think.

And for north its late afternoon and early evening storms as said in the convective forecast, no ones said any downgrades have they? its between 3 and 7pm best chance (:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

do you you any great places to view the skies? I regularly go to fen drayton nature reserve as you can see for miles in all directions.

Fen Drayton is nice, Fenstanton where I work is good. Anywhere along the road near RAF Wyton is good too :)

Posted

Im guessing that line of heavy rain?storms near jersey are gunna hit somewhere between dorset and IOW not only that it seems to be expending more on its eastern side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very interesting afternoon unfolding to say the least, looks like the showers are becoming more beefy now and the sun has come out quite a bit here now, feeling warm and humid. Hope to see thunder in these showers soon.

Posted

can see a heavy band of rain to the cambourne area in cambs which is coming towards me. nothing in the sense of flashes or bangs, but looks torrential none the less

Posted

Dew points seem to be dropping around Eastern areas, we had a 17.4c dew here a few hours ago now down to 14.3c

Scrap that, its gone back upto 16.4c in the space of 7 mins :)

Temp of 22ºc

Edited by North Sea Breeze

Posted

Ahhhh yes, I remember why we're in here now.......

post-6667-001995200%201279116011.jpg

:)

post-6667-001995200 1279116011_thumb.jpg