Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It had been sorta thundering in the distance all day really sloowly not much action, then there was a big boom above the house and it went pitch black and silent. So me being me looks out my bedroom window and up and was all "oh...thats unnerving." WEnt to the other side of the house to look out the back and theres the most pathetic excuse for a tornado you have ever seen in your life. I just sorta stood there and went "MUM GET IN THE BATHROOM NOW!" And we hid in the bathtub...over reaction much?

ANyway went right over the house, knocked over a few garden knomes. Ruffled the plants a bit...thats it.

LMAO, get in the bathroom now :lol: :D

I would have done the same thing though! It reminds me of those people in America who take cover when a Hurricane is about to hit... Boarding up the windows and hiding in the bathtub :lol:

At least you didn't board up the windows and spray paint "GO AWAY TORNADO" on them :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Duly Corrected :lol:

:D

Another one to feel the "mini" backlash :D

What an interesting afternoon/evenings weather to come...so complex!! Beats 4 weeks of ridging!! :lol:

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very showery here today, some sunshine but also some torrential downpours, no thunder yet, but hopefully could see something later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Ahhhhh im soaked i went outside for 2 minutes and now the heaven have opened big time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Might be worth drawing people's attention to Brickfielder's post in the Convective Discussion thread - makes for interesting reading and may well change the tone of some of the posts in this thread.

Posted
Northern most storms in a line might be the ones to watch and in theory could produce a tornado, but seems unlikely at the moment. In conclusion then I doubt whether we shall see the low top supercells or severe storms, but the conditions might be ripe for a few surprises.

OH PLEASE <3 <3 its about time we saw some action it has literally been YEARS

Posted

clouds definitely forming nicely here. first thing this morning was hazy cloud. Now there are clear breaks in the cloud, of which the clouds are bulking up. i can feel it forming in the air...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Look over the isle of whiht...

Posted

:lol:, We just had a crackly of thunder but was a quiet one and im not joking :D

Posted

:D, We just had a crackly of thunder but was a quiet one and im not joking :D

Damn it!! My prediction of the first reports of thunder coming in would be between 1-2pm have been wrong by 5 minutes :lol:

Posted

:lol:, We just had a crackly of thunder but was a quiet one and im not joking :D

:good:Good good, looks like a single cell please keep us updated :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

It had been sorta thundering in the distance all day really sloowly not much action, then there was a big boom above the house and it went pitch black and silent. So me being me looks out my bedroom window and up and was all "oh...thats unnerving." WEnt to the other side of the house to look out the back and theres the most pathetic excuse for a tornado you have ever seen in your life. I just sorta stood there and went "MUM GET IN THE BATHROOM NOW!" And we hid in the bathtub...over reaction much?

ANyway went right over the house, knocked over a few garden knomes. Ruffled the plants a bit...thats it.

HAHA!! I love over-reacting, thats my middle name :D

The closest thing I had to a tornado was one hitting my town back in New jersey. It was an F3, and blew in my friends kitchan and trashed a few houses!!! :lol: No one got hurt, but I remember that the lightning was so bright it felt like you could see it through walls, and it had a noticable blueness to it. As a kid I always remembered that if in a storm the lightning goes blue-y, then then take cover!!! i dont know if that was a wivestale or not, but I tell ya, the tornado that hit my town deffo had blue-y lightning. The sky looked savaged afterwards as well. It was as if 20 milllion nuclear bombs had hit the sky and blew apart all the clouds so they looked like jagged metal. Can't see that happenin in Nottingham anytime soon hahahaha!!!!!

Posted

The closest thing I had to a tornado was one hitting my town back in New jersey. It was an F3, and blew in my friends kitchan and trashed a few houses!!! :D No one got hurt, but I remember that the lightning was so bright it felt like you could see it through walls, and it had a noticable blueness to it. As a kid I always remembered that if in a storm the lightning goes blue-y, then then take cover!!! i dont know if that was a wivestale or not, but I tell ya, the tornado that hit my town deffo had blue-y lightning. The sky looked savaged afterwards as well. It was as if 20 milllion nuclear bombs had hit the sky and blew apart all the clouds so they looked like jagged metal. Can't see that happenin in Nottingham anytime soon hahahaha!!!!!

The only exciting thing you'll see in Nottingham is when Leicester City beat them next season :lol:

Posted

The closest thing I had to a tornado was one hitting my town back in New jersey. It was an F3, and blew in my friends kitchan and trashed a few houses!!! :lol: No one got hurt, but I remember that the lightning was so bright it felt like you could see it through walls, and it had a noticable blueness to it. As a kid I always remembered that if in a storm the lightning goes blue-y, then then take cover!!! i dont know if that was a wivestale or not, but I tell ya, the tornado that hit my town deffo had blue-y lightning. The sky looked savaged afterwards as well. It was as if 20 milllion nuclear bombs had hit the sky and blew apart all the clouds so they looked like jagged metal. Can't see that happenin in Nottingham anytime soon hahahaha!!!!!

My story looks like a kids toy now compaired to that. Its been so long since I've had a storm I've forgot what lighting looks like now. I do remember the HUGE system that slammed the west cost way back in 2004, the lighting was bright red.

Posted

Ok It is gone nearly passed over just light stuff now, that was the heaviest rainfall I've seen in a very long time indeed. :lol:

Posted

cell near IOW..as realy intensified..as its making landfall

Have you been keeping an eye on those cells in NW france could make it this way :lol:

Posted

Nothing happening to the east of the pennines, and i don't think anything will later either :lol:

Posted

cell near IOW..as realy intensified..as its making landfall

If it holds it together this cell should skim the East of Reading before moving towards the Peterborough and Leicester area. Needs to become Multi Cellular in order to do this though

Paul S

Posted

Also Keep your eyes on a area around the Brest coast of France......

Tops higher there and growing

see the one Im on about [Paul....this would shoot straight towards the UK....its got tops deep enough to be turning into a storm

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

I think that the single cell over the isle of white will come over to me...