Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

Anyone know the chance of Essex getting a pasting later on? I'm thinking its doubtful?

Posted

:o, We just had a crackly of thunder but was a quiet one and im not joking :D

I can confirm this. very heavy rain, with large hail. and distant rumbles of thunder. and one strike over lightning out to the south east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

The only exciting thing you'll see in Nottingham is when Leicester City beat them next season :D

Does Nottingham suck at football? I wouldnt know! :whistling:hahaha!! Although, you are probably right and that Leicester beating us will be far more exciting than any weather we are having... its just so gray and non-convective out right now, need some sun, so the storms that develop can miss me by 7 miles like usual!!!! :o

Posted

my day off and all my chores done and slight prospect of storm in surrey? Never!!!!

Posted

I think that the single cell over the isle of white will come over to me...

Already plotted it - Passes just between Reading and Slough - Middlesex might get the very Eastern Edge - Better the further North in Middlesex ideally

Paul S

Posted

rapid deep growth on t his one

edit..lol...at Andy

Thats what i was on about :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I reckon we might see a storm this afternoon, if that stuff from the South coast gets this far then I think Leicester and Notts will see something.

Posted

Thats what i was on about :D

yes...this could turn into something...on the loop you can see its growth...single cell charlie :o

with all that energy for its self

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I can confirm this. very heavy rain, with large hail. and distant rumbles of thunder. and one strike over lightning out to the south east.

Yay im glad someone else saw it, did you hear the crackly type thunder?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

My story looks like a kids toy now compaired to that. Its been so long since I've had a storm I've forgot what lighting looks like now. I do remember the HUGE system that slammed the west cost way back in 2004, the lighting was bright red.

2004 was an ace year for storms. My avatar picture was me taking a photo of the last storm of that year in Notts. I also was in the isle of Wight for 8 weeks working and we had some AMAZING MCS that year. It was unreal. I also used to hide in the pantry down in our basement, everytime we had a tornado watch and a looming storm coming my way. New Jersey isnt known for getting tornadoes really, but it does happen, about 6 -8 per year... I always used to grab my dogs and and favourite things and hide under the shelves down there hahaha!! Never even got to see that F3 though, just the lightning and stuff, but I never got to see the actual funnel :o If I saw an F3 coming towards my house I would probably die of fright!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Already plotted it - Passes just between Reading and Slough - Middlesex might get the very Eastern Edge - Better the further North in Middlesex ideally

Paul S

Yay, hopefully the first storm, even better i got a NEW camera... :o perfect timeing or what? Might go out for a chase...

Edited by Vortex_Liam

Posted

yes...this could turn into something...on the loop you can see its growth...single cell charlie :o

with all that energy for its self

I cant help but get excited its early days but hopefully it will last by the time it reaches us if it does.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

2004 was an ace year for storms. My avatar picture was me taking a photo of the last storm of that year in Notts. I also was in the isle of Wight for 8 weeks working and we had some AMAZING MCS that year. It was unreal. I also used to hide in the pantry down in our basement, everytime we had a tornado watch and a looming storm coming my way. New Jersey isnt known for getting tornadoes really, but it does happen, about 6 -8 per year... I always used to grab my dogs and and favourite things and hide under the shelves down there hahaha!! Never even got to see that F3 though, just the lightning and stuff, but I never got to see the actual funnel :o If I saw an F3 coming towards my house I would probably die of fright!

Did you get a bad storm in July 2006? I was on holiday in Wales and it was that week when it was 30c+ nearly everyday lol. My grandad told me that back in Leicester they had some big storms, I guess Notts did too, didn't see any in Wales though!

Posted

Incidentally the Stuff coming up from France is doing its usual and moving up through the Dover Straights, Eastern Kent might get the odd Sferic, but if you want more in the way of a Thunderstorm best you Charter a Boat from Dover within the next hour :o

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I'd say that area of heavy rain on the radar over Portsmouth area probably along the cold front.

Posted

I cant help but get excited its early days but hopefully it will last by the time it reaches us if it does.

intensifying on Netweather radar in t he last 20 mins.. :o

Its got to get across the water though also yet....

KEEP GROWING

EDIT ...ITS GIVING OFF LIGHTNING NOW

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

clouds definitely forming nicely here. first thing this morning was hazy cloud. Now there are clear breaks in the cloud, of which the clouds are bulking up. i can feel it forming in the air...

Yep, clouds are building here nicely now :o. It has become quite muggy too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

That single cell is NORTH EASTof isle of white

Edited by Vortex_Liam

Posted

its doubled in size already on Sat24...trying to work out the direction

IOW...east midlands , oxford..just a guess for later

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Paul charted it to go east of me getting ready for a chase

Liam

No it will pass to your West - You might catch the "Eastern Edge of the Shower" is what I said

It will pass close to Reading and Slough on Current Loop

Paul S

BTW: Something Big is starting to build to my North West from C London

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Just had a real sharp shower here, and now the sun is out and convection is clearly kicking off. I'm quite hopefull

K

Posted

That could take a while to reach land if it does.

yes true...But if it carried on growing...how huge will it be and how electrical remains to be seen...

Its giving off lightning now....

Twice as big and growing.....

guess 3 hrs away to hit east Plymouth

Edited by Pat Carter