Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

well we have some nice sunny skies here on and off...Heading towards you Brum...

and yes plenty of beefy showers now....The North West now looking interesting also

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Nice clump of heavy showers heading up through Oxfordshire to the west of Northampton drifting northwards, and have Leicester/Nottingham's name written all over them.....not electrical yet

Posted

It is very humid here but as yet no sun we seem to have been stuck under a blanket of cloud all day. That last heavy shower even split as it approached and it has stayed dry here. Looking at the IOW detector things seem to be pepping up though, lightning on the IOM and in West Scotland looking at that.

Edited by Snow free zone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well we have some nice sunny skies here on and off...Heading towards you Brum...

and yes plenty of beefy showers now....The North West now looking interesting also

Thank you Pat, nice to hear :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Just got back from post office, and its looking pretty dire out there at the mo'. Without any sunshine today AT. ALL., Im never gonna see any storms... The warmth and humidity is there and that gentle breeze, that feels kinda stormy.. but the clouds are total lead gray without much base or shape to them, just boring and overcast. I really need the sun!! I need a huge pole that goes up about 40,000 ft, and that I can wave around the clouds to swish them away!!! GRRRRrrrr...... wish I were French.. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

One or two showers passing through this way, but generally fairly un-eventful day.

Posted

Just got back from post office, and its looking pretty dire out there at the mo'. Without any sunshine today AT. ALL., Im never gonna see any storms... The warmth and humidity is there and that gentle breeze, that feels kinda stormy.. but the clouds are total lead gray without much base or shape to them, just boring and overcast. I really need the sun!! I need a huge pole that goes up about 40,000 ft, and that I can wave around the clouds to swish them away!!! GRRRRrrrr...... wish I were French.. :)

:lol: ...funniest misquote I've seen this year! :p

Fear not, see my earlier post...convective stuff is on its way to you

Posted

WE have launch here in Barnsley north, South Yorkshire, 2 huge cracks of thunder and belting it down :)

Posted

Music to my ears! Yep, satellite showing cloud thinning and breaking from the south-west, and visually much brighter to my SW. Next few hours will be interesting.

yea looking nice here in between the clouds...getting a good view of towers trying to go up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ummm, check out that tasty shower that has just come out of Oxford and is heading straight up towards Northamptom, Leicester and Nottingham :p

Posted

One or two showers passing through this way, but generally fairly un-eventful day.

We just had a hail shower 30 minutes ago in North Bristol. It will be interesting to see what comes up now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

The Shower by Gurnsey and Jersey looks like it has lost its lightning according to the IOW Lightning radar :).

Posted

More cloud breaks and some sun here in Wiltshire. I actually expected to have seen a little more by now, no showers here at all today. Also surprised not to have seen more actvitity across the UK by now. Got peak heating just approaching though so hopefully something soon. Has looked thundery from time to time here today.

Posted

Typical convective day here so far.. that is all heavy showers missing us in any direction, while a gap passes over us again as if neatly arranged by someone.. Also white/grey low and mid level cloud so you cant even see anything around anyway..

i hope they do come up through sidmouth..... ill be there lol! very strong gusts here with a steady breeze which is pleasently warm...........

Would be nice! am a few miles away and was in Sidmouth earlier on looking for birthday cards/presents and there was some average drizzly/rain showers. Pretty breezy on the beach and quite rough sea. Doubt anything will happen here though.. it never seems too :)

Edit just as I post that I just looked out the window and theres a clearance with blue sky and some towers to the south.. maybe reverse psychology does work!

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

The Shower by Gurnsey and Jersey looks like it has lost its lightning according to the IOW Lightning radar :).

not to sure about that mate...netradar still showing quite a few sferics.....

though it might die slightly as it travelles over the sea before re-igniting....hope

large shower erupted 15 miles from here N/W

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Intensifying rapidly 2 per min, VERY windy from the E - SE now

EDIT: Crazy wind, stuff flying everywhere

Edited by Chassisbot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Ummm, check out that tasty shower that has just come out of Oxford and is heading straight up towards Northamptom, Leicester and Nottingham :)

Hi Andy, Have got my eye on that too for NN3 looks like will just miss me to the west. Nothing showing on Pisford's lightning activity station

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

something moveing over the channle to portsmouth check it out also a trail of strikes behind it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

not to sure about that mate...netradar still showing quite a few sferics.....

though it might die slightly as it travelles over the sea before re-igniting....hope

large shower erupted 15 miles from here N/W

I need to get Net weather extra back, I will still keep positive i think it could be a heavy downpour with 1 or 2 cracks of thunder, thats ifit hits of coarse lol