Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

Lovely to see Swindon getting something decent! lightning was great of what i could see while driving but moved away too quickly :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Lovely to see Swindon getting something decent! lightning was great of what i could see while driving but moved away too quickly :yahoo:

Yes makes a change, our first proper (although brief) storm this year.

Edited by Casper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hell yeah - things have gone boom!

Lovely clear slot here at the moment, blue skies (not wall to wall though), can see the anvils to the N and W of London...will be GUTTED if we miss this action later lol!

Seemed to all erupt very suddenly...that's more like it!! Not August 6th mind, but close :yahoo:

Posted

Hell yeah - things have gone boom!

Lovely clear slot here at the moment, blue skies (not wall to wall though), can see the anvils to the N and W of London...will be GUTTED if we miss this action later lol!

Seemed to all erupt very suddenly...that's more like it!! Not August 6th mind, but close :D

Ah but the August 6th 2008 event took place on a Wednesday :yahoo:

Posted

Just watched Poole Harbour literally disappear behind a wall of water on this webcam!:yahoo:http://www.pooleharb...com/webcam.aspx Was looking at hills in the background, then Rain just swept in from right - left all of a sudden Couldn't see the boats.

Seems to be easing now and the view keeps changing.

Edited by StormMad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Have fun if you catch a storm! Dont know what one is here mind! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Just looked at the radar and watch the cells break up as they head into kent LOL :D , i hope this isn't another bodged forecasting day for kent :yahoo:

Posted

Just looked at the radar and watch the cells break up as they head into kent LOL :oops: , i hope this isn't another bodged forecasting day for kent :D

All we got was some light drizzly rain from that first batch, blue sky's already back out! :yahoo:

Guest FireStorm

ESE movement is pretty much spot on Weather09! Good call. Should hopefully bring those storms in Wiltshire down towards Kent, At least one hopes so at least. Little concerned the cells may begin to veer E and then NE only really brushing NW Kent and sweeping up into E London / Essex

Posted

ESE movement is pretty much spot on Weather09! Good call. Should hopefully bring those storms in Wiltshire down towards Kent, At least one hopes so at least. Little concerned the cells may begin to veer E and then NE only really brushing NW Kent and sweeping up into E London / Essex

I was more worried they would veer more NE and go to the south and west of Kent - fingers crossed they come this way for once! :yahoo:

Posted

Brilliant torrential shower here right now, massive rainfall, gusty windy... just missing the thunder and lightning again! The wait goes on...

Posted

Something strange happened here this morning, it rained for an hour, first for many weeks.

I need the storm over Newbury to move a bit further south than east but I fear it will pass just to the north of me, just heard thunder though, must be the first for about 2 years!!!

Posted

Sferics picking up across the Eastern side down into Essex, a torrential downpour here in Mid Sussex but only very distant thunder....

post-6667-021075300%201280926417.jpg

Edit - that'as more like it!!! :yahoo:

post-6667-021075300 1280926417_thumb.jpg

Posted

Something strange happened here this morning, it rained for an hour, first for many weeks.

I need the storm over Newbury to move a bit further south than east but I fear it will pass just to the north of me, just heard thunder though, must be the first for about 2 years!!!

Moisty that Newbury storm has hit us (just north of Basingstoke) thunder, lightning and very very moist.

Posted

Thundering here ,first thunder for like yearsair_kiss.gif

I can see it's all dark to my south, can't hear any thunder though! Obviously too far away! We've got just light rain here, keeping my fingers cross for the developing trough that's currently heading towards Reading!

Posted

Moisty that Newbury storm has hit us (just north of Basingstoke) thunder, lightning and very very moist.

I can hear frequent thunder but I think the rain is missing us and in fact the sun has just come out again

Posted

Sky to my NW Is Pitch Black - C London should get in on the action very soon

Paul S

Guest Quantumsnow

Couple of rumbles of thunder and some light rain here in west sussex, though haven't seen the lightning yet.v excited!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

If this was forecast for us, nothing would of happened. Still just 1 storm here this year and even that was weak and short lived. Hopefully, less storms = more snow at winter...i wish. :lol: