Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

General Storm Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

WE HAVE SUNSHINE! Bring on the heat!

21.9°C (H:21.9°C,12:24 L:16.9°C,06:54) Wind:3.9mph W, Pressure:1020.5hpa Falling slowly, Rain Today:0.6mm, humidity:82%

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

some surprise rain here. On the northwestern extent to that blob of rain moving around the northwest midlands atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

Very heavy rain here in Weston. What a surprise I was not expecting anything at all here. Some further heavy downpours look like they are moving up on the rain today radar torwards here later. Maybe Crewe is in for a chance after all!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

thoroughly miserable here in South Devon for the weekend.......drizzle,very humid & horrible!...not expecting anything down in this neck of the woods...however back home looks quite good if the cloud can burn off.....Interesting pulse of convective rain in the SW approaches, heading NE towards the welsh coast and on into the west midlands...I'm presuming that's the frontal wave developing?

Posted

moisture seems to be pooling up against this shortwave - 17c dewpoints in the east, and up to 21c in the west country acording to xcweather - looks pretty juicy out there!

Looks like we'll see the cb's from here in cirencester, but they'll go north as it often happens - still - I'm mostly wrong, so fingers crossed!

:air_kiss: Sam

Posted

Sun is starting to come out here too but the sky looks really black towards the south west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

first sferics of the day now showing up in that convective pulse I mentioned earlier in the SW approaches

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

Rain has now stopped here in Crewe but I would not rule out some of the rain pushing up here from the Midlands later. I dont know whether this will hold any storms so I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Hopefully you'll have more luck than we did, yes we had heavy downpours even caught a funnel but as far as thunderstorms were concerned a big fat zero..!!

Posted

First shower of the day, feels very humid. Fingers crossed for later.

Good luck everyone. Didnt realise how many users there was from around this area :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

That Blob to the far south west, anyone think that could give something??

Posted

First shower of the day, feels very humid. Fingers crossed for later.

Good luck everyone. Didnt realise how many users there was from around this area :)

The humidity today is unreal, everything in the house feels damp.

I hate humidty, we can always tell when the humidity is at stupid levels when the salt pots get all blocked up.

Does anyone know what the humidty actually is as I don't have a metre any more?

That Blob to the far south west, anyone think that could give something??

Hey! my sisters in the south west and I won't have you talking about like that!!!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

couple of grains of uncooked rice in the pots will help your salt problem :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

The humidity today is unreal, everything in the house feels damp.

I hate humidty, we can always tell when the humidity is at stupid levels when the salt pots get all blocked up.

Does anyone know what the humidty actually is as I don't have a metre any more?

Hey! my sisters in the south west and I won't have you talking about like that!!!! :)

Sorry lol :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

first sferics of the day now showing up in that convective pulse I mentioned earlier in the SW approaches

There were just a few also this morning in the Bristol Channel with the first wave feature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Had a short but fairly heavy shower here about half an hour ago. It seemed to have much more potential than was actually realised as it moved up from the south west but tended to disintigrate as it moved over, only to re-intensify a few miles to the north east. I was half hoping it might produce a clap of thunder but nothing happened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

One thing of note, it is no where near as humid feeling today here as the humidity is down on yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Hey heres my Weather.com style storm forecast!

StormCASTUK.png

What do you think?

its very warm here today with only a little chance of a storm, but theres a good sign the suns come out! :)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Had a short but fairly heavy shower here about half an hour ago. It seemed to have much more potential than was actually realised as it moved up from the south west but tended to disintigrate as it moved over, only to re-intensify a few miles to the north east. I was half hoping it might produce a clap of thunder but nothing happened.

Put s89en in netweather extra radar and look what the Sheffield shield did to it. I see the shield has come back off holiday fully reinvigorated. It has let the odd spot of rain through though.

Hey heres my Weather.com style storm forecast!

StormCASTUK.png

What do you think?

its very warm here today with only a little chance of a storm, but theres a good sign the suns come out! :)

Needs a hole pasting around South Yorkshire.

Posted

Looks like my only hope for any activity down here would be embedded thunderstorms that form along the front, like the stuff that moved into S Wales yesterday. There's a few sefrics shown with that area west of Cornwall now that looks to be moving towards S wales. http://andvari.vedur...ganir/eldingar/

The humidity here over the last couple of days has made some of our doors swell up so they are really hard to close! Currently cloudy, 20C with nearly 19C dewpoint.

Has anyone seen the forecast maps on the BBC site for tomorrow night into Monday, especially 4am? that would be, erm, interesting! :)http://news.bbc.co.u.../forecast/10209

Edited by StormMad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

19C dew-point yuk bet it's like living in a sauna right now. Yeh seen the forecast I wonder what will actually happen.

Posted

Pretty humid even here, DP 18.6c. No convection or much rain around though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Put s89en in netweather extra radar and look what the Sheffield shield did to it. I see the shield has come back off holiday fully reinvigorated. It has let the odd spot of rain through though.

I see what you mean! I'm beginning to think that there must be a very few favoured localities which get all the torrential downpours/thunderstorms etc whereas the rest of us sit here watching the radar and cursing the fact that,

'it's missed us by half a mile/two miles/three miles etc'

Having said that I can remember Sheffield getting a right pasting during the summer of 2007 and I was sitting here just south of the southern edge of it, weeping.