Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Thread

Coast

Posted

Loud thunder heard moments ago in Nuneaton although I think the main activity may be just to our north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

An impressive Cb cell by the looks of it, shows distinctly on the 1030 BST radar. Rotation in there possibly?

Anything likely to kick off here today? Feels humid enough just need to get rid of the low grey stuff beneath what look like lovely plume-like altocumulus clouds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Anything likely to kick off here today? Feels humid enough just need to get rid of the low grey stuff beneath what look like lovely plume-like altocumulus clouds.

Dont know,

Im hoping once this band has fizzled and moved away we might see some showers pop up..

Posted
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton

Loud thunder heard moments ago in Nuneaton although I think the main activity may be just to our north.

Same Here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Top of a mountain?

Plane punchhole?

Makes scenes, plenty of mountains in that area

Is that the cause of the visible turbulence holes? in the clouds to the west?

Mind you love the idea about the impressive Cb with some rotation

:drinks:Lynux and michael

Edited by windypants

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I'm watching that blob over SW Wales. If it keeps it's present track it should come very close to use unless it fizzles out. Also been a few other intense looking areas of rain around as well in the north. All in all it doesn't look a good morning forecast away from Wales.

Typical just went to the south of us. Looking like a dry day for the rest of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Would say your chances of seeing a storm will be greater tomorrow as instability is generated across the SW, Midlands, Sern and Eern England along and ahead of southeastward-moving cold front. Today I think main risk of general or severe thunderstorms is over N England and S Scotland where better instability progged.

Tomorrow looks like another slight severe storm risk day given warm, moist boundary layer and impressive shear environment for organised storms and tornado potential. However, cloud cover and lack of dry air in the mid-levels may go against severe potential, so still uncertainty at the moment.

Hi W09,:)

I don't understand the storm potential regards tomorrow.Although I know a lot of the charts are saying there will be storms, the Met Office is just forecasting light rain for my area when I seem to be in the prime Zone according to other forecasters! :nonono:

Posted

Hi W09,:)

I don't understand the storm potential regards tomorrow.Although I know a lot of the charts are saying there will be storms, the Met Office is just forecasting light rain for my area when I seem to be in the prime Zone according to other forecasters! :nonono:

yes here to jane there forcasting sunny weather here sat and sunny this afternoon:nonono:

Posted

I don't understand the storm potential regards tomorrow.

Not bucket loads of CAPE for your area JL, but a decent spell of -1 to -2 on the lifted index through the middle daylight hours. Wouldn't like to put my salary on anything, but you have as good a chance as anyone tomorrow (sorry have I just jinxed that now?!!! :nonono: )

skew0.594876429605396.png

Feels humid enough

DP's still really high around you MP-R

Reurmetd.gif

Posted

yes here to jane there forcasting sunny weather here sat and sunny this afternoon:nonono:

I know Stu, I don't tend to rely on their forecasts too much. I am more for the convective forecasts. Fingers crossed it may get upgraded. :nonono:

Posted

(sorry have I just jinxed that now?!!! :nonono: )

Nooooo, don't jinx it Coast lol. Only time will tell come tomorrow. I'm still hoping that something may pop up this afternoon lol.:) Very humid out there and showers on and off here with the odd heavy one.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Fairly heavy shower just passed through and caught a funnel, lasted for around 10-15 seconds then dissipated.

post-5386-097488700 1282309016_thumb.jpg

post-5386-042500100 1282308916_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Nothing here again :nonono:

Looks like most of the thundery activity is way to the south of here. Pity as I thought N England was the place to be today.

Looks from the radar as if precip rates are dying back now. Can we expect any more storms or are conditions not as favourable as this morning?

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Fairly heavy shower just passed through and caught a funnel, lasted for around 10-15 seconds then dissipated.

post-5386-097488700 1282309016_thumb.jpg

post-5386-042500100 1282308916_thumb.jpg

Nice one NL!

Been looking out here in Consett but if I look too much I'll get wrong off my boss!

Most of the showers are going north and south of Consett, looks like some more out west on the way.

Posted

Nice one NL!

Been looking out here in Consett but if I look too much I'll get wrong off my boss!

Most of the showers are going north and south of Consett, looks like some more out west on the way.

Cheers tis my first one ive ever captured, i also have it on time-lapse, but if you blink you'll miss it..!! hahha..

Not often you see Dew points this high around here.

post-5386-029473200 1282309945_thumb.jpg

Posted

Well, they do have a heavy shower icon for your area tomorrow at 16:00. :nonono: Seriously though, just stick with what you see on the charts and follow the more informative posts from members on here and other weather forums. You're not going to get the information you need concerning storms from the Met Office.

lol I probably wont get one now.Yes, I will stick with the charts and forums.I don't always believe the Met Office really lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

What classes as the no storms club?

i "Think" ive heard 2 rumbles this year? ( not today )

Posted

What classes as the no storms club?

i "Think" ive heard 2 rumbles this year? ( not today )

I'll dish you out a membership Lynux lol. Its bad again this year grrrrr

Posted

Looks like a thin strip of Northumberland could get some really big rainfall totals, there's a line of heavy showers which keeps building on the back edge and feeding heavy showers over the same areas. Could be something to watch.

Big shower passing just south of Consett, looks like the heaviest of the day in this area.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Its kicking off across the north of England now as predicted then.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Yes, Northern England the area to watch I think over the next few hours for severe potential. 06z GFS showed this area to have the greatest instability this afternoon. And the 12z Abermarle ascent over NE England showed some 'skinny' CAPE with cloud tops reaching 300mb or around 30,000 ft - more than enough for thunderstorms, some insolation input and we could see some stronger storms developing.

Not much directional shear with winds unidirectional on the skew-t, so tornado potential perhaps limited - unless winds back more towards surface. But strong speed shear with strong winds aloft will organise storms into line sgements with risk of these stronger winds aloft maybe lowered as strong convective gusts if drier air punches in this afternoon along the cold front.

post-1052-014509500 1282313681_thumb.gif

Posted

Looks like some really strong showers over Tyne and Wear now, NL should be under them. Nothing showing on lightning detector but looking at them you would expect something.

Plenty of showers still to come, but nothing organised, it's all a bit messy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

had a blustery , heavyish shower pass through here at around 3.20pm. Nothing special though :lol:

Posted

Looks like some really strong showers over Tyne and Wear now, NL should be under them. Nothing showing on lightning detector but looking at them you would expect something.

Plenty of showers still to come, but nothing organised, it's all a bit messy.

No T&L but some serious rainfall. Looks like southern end of Sunderland/Seaham area is baring the brunt of the rain, suprising that no Sferics showing up on lightning detectors..