Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East England - In Between The Cold Spells Discussion Part 30

Posted

good luck to kent and others for the snow, hope you get a nice inch or two :good: going over that way saturday so would love to see some lying snow again, biggin hill area looks like it could be the u.k snow hotspot tonight, would love a cheeky flurry here myself of course!:pardon:

Excellent!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Latest GFS precip suggest no more then 2 cm over 48 hours.

I am not trying to bring a downer on here but I just think that people expecting a covering are going to be sorely dissapointed.

My feeling is a few light flurries across the region during the next 48 hours and that is it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Latest GFS precip suggest no more then 2 cm over 48 hours.

I am not trying to bring a downer on here but I just think that people expecting a covering are going to be sorely dissapointed.

My feeling is a few light flurries across the region during the next 48 hours and that is it.

We just have to stay positive and focus our thoughts on "lots of snow", no negativity just yet please! :hi:

At the end of the day a covering can occur with far less than 2cm's, thats roughly an inch remember, a covering can be just 1/2CM or less. And with the cold temps and hard frosts continuing what we do get will stick around for a while at least, mmm, unless it evaporates.... :D

Edited by snowray

Posted

We just have to stay positive and focus our thoughts on "lots of snow", no negativity just yet please! :hi:

At the end of the day a covering can occur with far less than 2cm's, thats roughly an inch remember, a covering can be just 1/2CM or less. And with the cold temps and hard frosts continuing what we do get will stick around for a while at least, mmm, unless it evaporates.... :D

I am not being negative, just realistic i'm afraid.

I love snow as much as the next person here but a few flurries is unlikely to settle.

I enjoy getting excited and this thread when there is lots of snow coming but at the moment I feel some are cluthing at straws.

Now if we had signs of what happened in November / December then i'd be excited ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I am not being negative, just realistic i'm afraid.

I love snow as much as the next person here but a few flurries is unlikely to settle.

I enjoy getting excited and this thread when there is lots of snow coming but at the moment I feel some are cluthing at straws.

Now if we had signs of what happened in November / December then i'd be excited ;-)

True but this could be a bit of fun none the less, have our expectations become so high then, after last December, that we ignore any snowfall potential thats not mamouth in scale? If that was the case we might have a very long wait for another 1 in 100 year event.

At the end of the day the local SE forecast just now after the BBC news did confirm snow, not flurries or snizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

20 waxwings visited our garden yesterday, stayed for around 20 mins, then left......food must be scarce in Scandi.....are they flying away from something..????... lol

Let's hope they are the snow advanced party as there are loads here in Wallington too at the moment (with a huddle of twitchers watching nearby)

Posted

I think my personal issue is that I am a family man and want to enjoy the snow with my kids (as I did in November / December) so a 24 hour flurry afair producing 1 cm of snow that will be gone by the weekend just doesn't do it for me.

I guess we were spoilt in December and at the end of winter I certainly won't be dissapointed.

Let's hope what we get tomorrow pleases some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Very quiet in here tonight thought there would be more chat about the snow lol,is that because its not going to happen again ? I am sure some will see a small amount but i wont be staying up thats for sure as i have rain here but wasnt expecting snow anyway lol .Good luck everyone :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

There's ppn coming in our direction, is it gonna be rain or snow, most probably be sleet.:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

I think my personal issue is that I am a family man and want to enjoy the snow with my kids (as I did in November / December) so a 24 hour flurry afair producing 1 cm of snow that will be gone by the weekend just doesn't do it for me.

I guess we were spoilt in December and at the end of winter I certainly won't be dissapointed.

Let's hope what we get tomorrow pleases some.

I think what you have got to understand is, that a snow event like december 2nd or december 18th last year used to be rare around these parts, we all still havn't really got over december's dream weather and do get exicted by the smallest falls, we are aware that it'll likely be nothing more than a light covering tommorrow, and some areas won't even see a flurry, but despite this just the thought of having the familar S word back is enough to set us off, espicially after the pants weather since boxing day.

we just can't help but get exicted at a change, this is why we ramp about the smallest events because just seeing a little bit is enough to put a smile on our face, because winter is acting like it should be, not a drizzlefest which belongs in november really, I totally understand about a little bit not being

enough because the kids can't sledge, make snowmen etc.:) , hopefully we will get just one more large fall before the winter is out, if not at least we can go WOW! what a november/december eh!

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted

I think what you have got to understand is, that a snow event like december 2nd or december 18th last year used to be rare around these parts, we all still havn't really got over december's dream weather and do get exicted by the smallest falls, we are aware that it'll likely be nothing more than a light covering tommorrow, and some areas won't even see a flurry, but despite this just the thought of having the familar S word back is enough to set us off, espicially after the pants weather since boxing day.

we just can't help but get exicted at a change, this is why we ramp about the smallest events because just seeing a little bit is enough to put a smile on our face, because winter is acting like it should be, not a drizzlefest which belongs in november really, I totally understand about a little bit not being

enough because the kids can't sledge, make snowmen etc.:) , hopefully we will get just one more large fall before the winter is out, if not at least we can go WOW! what a november/december eh!

This.

Jayces - Considering that this little cold snap could produce some snow for some, it's better than mild and wet! Also it looks like this is our only chance till possibly mid to late Feb, we gotta make do with what we get!

Edited by tcc

Posted

Everyone's getting so depressed in the model thread, its rather sad. Surely winter isnt "over".

Glad i am off to the Alps skiing next week!

Posted

Light sleet ATM, onwards an upwards. Shame the next few weeks look pants. But chins up still winter atm.

Posted

This.

Jayces - Considering that this little cold snap could produce some snow for some, it's better than mild and wet! Also it looks like this is our only chance till possibly mid to late Feb, we gotta make do with what we get!

Can't argue with what you and BrightinBrighton are saying and if it makes you all happier then so be it.

I wish I could feel the same way as some of you here and get excited about tomotrow but I am afraid I can't.

Hope everyone gets some though and enjoys it.

Posted

Very light snow shower here about 10 minutes ago........... wasn't expecting that :clap:

Nice one Anitawhistling.gif

Posted

Very nice posts there BB and TC.

Well the showers are currently turning to snow in East Anglia as the colder air digs in from the East, so anywhere could see a snow shower or 2 or more from about midnight onwards, we then have about a 24 hour window of opportunity, the best of it probably tomorrow early Morning to early PM.

Oh, BBC SE forecast was for some heavy bursts of snow over the North Down tomorrow, never expected that! :o

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Very nice posts there BB and TC.

Well the showers are currently turning to snow in East Anglia as the colder air digs in from the East, so anywhere could see a snow shower or 2 or more from about midnight onwards, we then have about a 24 hour window of opportunity, the best of it probably tomorrow early Morning to early PM.

Oh, BBC SE forecast was for some heavy bursts of snow over the North Down tomorrow, never expected that! :o

Yep, they did mention there'll be snow showers in the morning. Looking forward to a snowy school run in the morning.:D