Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East England - In Between The Cold Spells Discussion Part 30

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

***COLD-WATCH***

From Tuesday 18th January

and the Next 7 days

*DENSE - THICK FOG*

*FROST-ICE*

*SUNSHINE! (;

Daytime temperatures feeling much colder than what we have been used to recently, the warm air now moving away and today is less mild. From tonight and over the next 7days frost and fog is likely under any clear skys, and feeling cold ,ice may form so be aware of this, fog is to become thick or dense in some areas.

-

WeatherWatch by nimbilus

Posted

MetO will need to include London in the Flash warning as well :help:

Well we got 13.2 mm of rain overnight which has topped up the monthly total so far to 62.6mm. Now if that had of been snow......... :whistling:

Posted

Just looked on BBC Weather five day and light snow for Biggin Hill on Saturday. On the model Section one two mentioned possibly of snow showers in the South East.. One minute I am almost writing off winter the next its back on again. This what makes our weather so varied and interesting . Just imagine being in a country that has snow for four months non stop it would become very mundane and boring .Maybe February will deliver for us.:whistling:

Edited by charlton north-downs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Cooling down nicely already here temps4.1c dewpoint 2c :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Enjoyed the first day of blue skys today for a long time!

Their is a chance of some sleet or snow at weekend even into the following wk, not much though at this stage but a chance.. and then it may be more ppn or less pnn, so il not be excited until thursday night and friday really, as the models can't be sure if we are to get harder cold than cold yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Just looked on BBC Weather five day and light snow for Biggin Hill on Saturday. On the model Section one two mentioned possibly of snow showers in the South East.. One minute I am almost writing off winter the next its back on again. This what makes our weather so varied and interesting . Just imagine being in a country that has snow for four months non stop it would become very mundane and boring .Maybe February will deliver for us.:whistling:

And 4 hours later it's rain.

I've said it many times, if it's showing snow within a day or so then get excited but at the moment it's just too far out to even think about.

It's going to be cold and dry for a few days which is better then mild and wet that's for sure.

Posted

quiet on the model thread, wish there was some more interesting winter weather to look forward to!

seems like the weather is taking time out after such an extreme December.

Posted

Well, it's already below freezing here... looks like an air frost for the first time for a couple of weeks! Roads could be icy tomorrow!

Gritters have been out tonight.

Memo has been released......'Double check salt/grit'. This usually means that there is a much colder period on the way. From Wednesday I can see the models going for this colder period.

Edited by yamkin

Posted

It is cold under a high in January anyway as we know, and this set up is the perfect 'normal' ,its not a big freeze, but we know the models and what they can be like, we could in for something at the weekend+, at least its been sunny tuesday ,and wednesday should be as it clear n frosty right now, when the high moves west then cloud later in wk may push round the edge and even across us, but can't be sure yet, although i think staying sunny or bright, well hope so!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

We don't want cold and dry we want cold and snow though I guess cold and dry is better then wet and mild.

Nice and frosty this morning, I may be able to cycle to work for the rest of the week this week for the first time since I got my bike at the end of November.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Nice to see the frost return again,

along with the sun as this is what January should be all about,

hopefully a small chance of snow returning next week, but unlikely this week, don't mind though!

Posted

Gritters have been out tonight.

Memo has been released......'Double check salt/grit'. This usually means that there is a much colder period on the way. From Wednesday I can see the models going for this colder period.

i hope so , i am desperate for Ian Brown to have the smile wiped off his face. He relishes mild so much, and winding up most of the members who want snow.

Posted

what i will say is i am so thankful that we have removed the truly awful weather of the last week or so. I truly hate wet mild and windy days. Give me a day like today and i am as happy as a pig in.... So we dont quite no what is happening in the next couple of weeks. If we get anywhere near what happened in December then we will be buried. Why because it is true winter, witner was only a couple of days old when the last blast blew in

Roll on more model watching with anticipation. Agreed just to wipe the smile off of ian brown would be nice.... Wonder with all this frost we will get any ice days coming up

Posted

what i will say is i am so thankful that we have removed the truly awful weather of the last week or so. I truly hate wet mild and windy days. Give me a day like today and i am as happy as a pig in.... So we dont quite no what is happening in the next couple of weeks. If we get anywhere near what happened in December then we will be buried. Why because it is true winter, witner was only a couple of days old when the last blast blew in

Roll on more model watching with anticipation. Agreed just to wipe the smile off of ian brown would be nice.... Wonder with all this frost we will get any ice days coming up

I'd say we in the SE corner stand the best chance of anything snowy that MIGHT come about from a nw shift of the high pressure - it is moving about like a puppet on a string but it needs to happen SOON ie. the next couple of days or so or may well just 'sit' over the UK not doing very much else lol! Keep fingers crossed for some serious shifting!:aggressive:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

looks like the High Pressure sinking south into the Med, cant really see potential for snow to return yet

Sorry but that high is not sinking anywhere near the med as there are low heights in the med stopping it.

By the wat the GFS12Z is an upgrade for cold uppers to get into our region for a time, possibly some light snow from the feature coming from the NE east at T171

Edited by john mac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Latest from Will Hand...

Patience Grasshopper

Well the changeover duly arrived on the 18th as predicted!

I guess some were expecting bitter weather to arrive immediately, well we

never said that it would - so there. However, the high will sit near the UK

for the rest of this week and into the weekend, tending to drift west with

time. Isn't the sunshine lovely if you have it, also frost persisted all day

in the shade here. Nice but not bitter, but not mild either.

OK during and soon after this weekend a succession of lows will come out of

Canada, all it takes is for one of those to deepen more than expected and

turn left thrusting warm air north well west of Greenland and we will be in

a bitter and snowy N to NE'ly faster than I can get into my ice bath in the

morning. Until that happens we will stay under the high over the UK. I don't

buy talk of return to zonality and westerlies in the north, that is very

unlikely now given the time of year.

Here are my probabilities of conditions we may be in this time next

Wednesday.

N to Ne'ly with snow showers and bitterly cold - 40%

High still over the UK - 55%

Return to mild zonality - 5%

Posted

Very pleasant the last 2days, so good to get the sunshine, and i like the calm frosty conditions, would be nice for some passing snow showers! what many are saying on NW it could be a wintery late winter/early spring. No snow events on the horizon, but when we look out to sea can we see the ships sailing on the other side of the horizon? no! its like the models the ships being snowevents sailing towards our shores!

Posted

I thought the high pressure will be drifting around for the next few days then sinking south/sw in about a week or so then a south/se wind will be over us, is this right or am i wrong?? there might be a block of some sort but will be to far East for us, the high will be to close to us for the extreme cold