Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I

If it's a proper thunderstorm ! Yes Lauren. :D I expect you have more chance than me. Let's say. about half hours worth, but I guess that's very rare. :lol:

Ok so a few flashes and rumbles don't count then. We had about 5 minutes of intense thundersnow last year, but i'm not sure I'd couint that as a storm.

Posted

Will thundersnow count as a storm?

You get a double word score for it!!

post-6667-0-59249100-1321538448.jpg

post-6667-0-59249100-1321538448_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Ok so a few flashes and rumbles don't count then. We had about 5 minutes of intense thundersnow last year, but i'm not sure I'd couint that as a storm.

Wow, 5 minutes of thundersnow. :oAww, you're so lucky! :) I've never even had the pleasure to experience this amazing phenomenom. If it felt like a storm to you ,and you thought it good enough to be a storm we can discard your membership here. :winky: On the other hand you can remain here if vice versa.

You get a double word score for it!!

post-6667-0-59249100-1321538448.jpg

:lol:

Posted

I feel a bit bad going over to the no snow club while there's still people in here! We'll keep your seat warm in there until you get your thunderstorm sorted out!

Posted

I feel a bit bad going over to the no snow club while there's still people in here! We'll keep your seat warm in there until you get your thunderstorm sorted out!

You'll have a long wait Gord lol. :lol: I think us lot are stuck in here for good at this rate. :(

Posted

You aren't wrong there Jane,I will be using a simmer frame before i get out of here.

Im going to Spain and France next year so hopefully something happens then and i'll be out (if foreign storms count)

Posted

You aren't wrong there Jane,I will be using a simmer frame before i get out of here.

Im going to Spain and France next year so hopefully something happens then and i'll be out (if foreign storms count)

Hi Raidan :)

I'm afraid it only applies if you're in the UK. But I hope you get loadss of storms in France and Spain which I expect you probably will grrrrrr

Perhaps we could take a vote on it - in my view it is the personal experience which counts rather than the location - it's been a long time since I experienced a real humdinger of a storm and that was in France.

Posted

No, The No storms club stays the way it's always been we keep it as it is thanks. :) France is usually good for storms, but the UK has suffered for quite a few years now!

Posted

Ah, cheer up Jane and others who have felt somewhat cheated out of this 'Summers' storms. 2012 is another year. And knowing our luck so far, somethings got to give, a reversal of fortune sometime surely?

I think back to the mid 1980's and 1990's when Summer storms were rife when a Spanish plume/occluded front over Biscay made its way over the UK and gave some 20-odd hours of intense rain with embedded thunderstorms. (July 1989 being the most vivid I remember!)

Apart from that, just the one, yes ONE storm on 7th August 2011 is all I have to report here in Solihull. I blame the north east personally! ;-) But as over the past two years Jane. I will continue to assist with this thread over 2012 if you so wish. :-) x

Phil.

Posted

Ah, cheer up Jane and others who have felt somewhat cheated out of this 'Summers' storms. 2012 is another year. And knowing our luck so far, somethings got to give, a reversal of fortune sometime surely?

I think back to the mid 1980's and 1990's when Summer storms were rife when a Spanish plume/occluded front over Biscay made its way over the UK and gave some 20-odd hours of intense rain with embedded thunderstorms. (July 1989 being the most vivid I remember!)

Apart from that, just the one, yes ONE storm on 7th August 2011 is all I have to report here in Solihull. I blame the north east personally! ;-) But as over the past two years Jane. I will continue to assist with this thread over 2012 if you so wish. :-) x

Phil.

Oh Phil. Its really hit me hard that I have had no storms again this year. :( Maybe, just maybe 2012 will give us a rumble or two ( lol). To be honest, I think there are no such things as storms anymore! ( unless you live in the NE .) You wait until winter, they'll be winding us up about their thundersnow next. :(

Yes, I remember those excellent storms we had pushing up from the Bay of Biscuit! Oh, those were the days. But now they can't even be bothered to entertain us anymore. How sad! :nonono:

Yes please Phil, you're my assistant and I look forward to you helping out as long as it takes. :D

Posted

Yes please Phil, you're my assistant and I look forward to you helping out as long as it takes. :D

Thank you, Jane. I know that times are hard these days and even the weather has cut back on storms south of northern England. (Boooooo!!) But I'm still more than happy to be the NSC 2012 tea boy. :D

Phil.

Posted

I think we will all forever be frustrated and hopelessly let down by wheelie bin day.

I can't tell you the amount of times I've gotten my hopes up only to realise what day it is.

Posted

My wheelie bin went missing for a while this morning. I thought how lucky until the numpty binmen left it at the top of the street so wheeled it back into the front garden/block paving of our property. But I agree Lauren. Probably the only sound I've heard since August that resembles thunder was me walking that wheelie bin back.

But a note to council bin workers. EMPTY THE WHEELIE BIN OUTSIDE SAID PROPERTY AND NOT LEAVE IT IN AN AREA WITH OTHER WHEELIE BINS THAT MAKES THAT PARTICULAR AREA LOOK LIKE A DR WHO DALEK MEETING CONVENTION!!

Sheesh!

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I certainly hope that next year will be better because I honestly don't think I could cope with the amount of dissapointment I will have if it doesn't!

As far as I am concerned 2006 was the last proper storm year we seem to have had.

Posted

Yes, here's looking to 2012! surely it's got to deliver( it's got to!) although I've been saying this for the past 5 years and still nothing. I'm wondering whether the Bristol channel is at fault for us lot up near bristol/Gloucestershire.

Those wheelie bins should be banned on a storm day ! I don't know how many times the sound has fooled me into thinking I'm hearing thunder on a storm day. :fool::cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes, here's looking to 2012! surely it's got to deliver( it's got to!) although I've been saying this for the past 5 years and still nothing. I'm wondering whether the Bristol channel is at fault for us lot up near bristol/Gloucestershire.

Those wheelie bins should be banned on a storm day ! I don't know how many times the sound has fooled me into thinking I'm hearing thunder on a storm day. :fool::cray:

Ask the council to change collection day, to the day where it is never stormy :D

Posted

Ask the council to change collection day, to the day where it is never stormy :D

That'll be all year then :winky: :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That'll be all year then :winky: :p

HaHa thought it might, but perhaps you will be lucky and get thundersnow this winter to make up for it lol :p

Posted

Thundersnow! :search: That would make my whole 5 years without a storm worth it Lol. I am always optimistic mind, so I may still see something yet (wishful thinking) :whistling: I think it's pretty good for snow up here where I've only just moved, I love snow but thundersnow would be amazing. :smiliz19: Who knows, I may be reporting in here this winter lol. :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I hope you get a good one too jane! I've barely had a storm, but I know you haven't even had a rumble, so i hope your patience pays off.

Posted

I hope you get a good one too jane! I've barely had a storm, but I know you haven't even had a rumble, so i hope your patience pays off.

Thank you Lauren :) I'm using Reverse psychology at the moment. :whistling: I have had a 51% chance for 3 days running now and have just checked the latest update and it's still there Lol. Now, I'm hoping I don't get one :winky:

Posted

My Reverse psychology never worked! Parts of Bristol had thunder and lightning today , but for me, nothing again. :doh: I had everything setup, felt really positive the T&L would drift up northwards from Bristol to me. :( But sadly, the storms decided to tease me again and drift Eastwards grrrrr.There's a chance of thunder tomorrow again for me. :lol:

Posted

Unlucky Jane,I finally got something yesterday,although it wasn't a proper thunderstorm which I'm still waiting for we had thunder n lightning mixed in with the hailstorms we had,I first heard thunder around 9.00 as there was a almighty crash of it made me jump lol then the hail came,we had 3 hailstorms all with thunder mixed in,although we had something it wasn't full blown storms so still in the NSC,today could bring something better though I doubt it but you never know,good luck all.