Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think we should all club together and buy jane a storm for xmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I've had more thunder and lightening during this Autumn/Winter than the last few years put together!

The most dramatic was the passing of the cold front which crossed in the early hours of Decemeber the 1st which brought very heavy hail stones, severe gales and stunning electric blue lightening, I would like some more please! :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Unlucky Jane,I finally got something yesterday,although it wasn't a proper thunderstorm which I'm still waiting for we had thunder n lightning mixed in with the hailstorms we had,I first heard thunder around 9.00 as there was a almighty crash of it made me jump lol then the hail came,we had 3 hailstorms all with thunder mixed in,although we had something it wasn't full blown storms so still in the NSC,today could bring something better though I doubt it but you never know,good luck all.

I've had the hailstorms Raidan, but without the thunder :( I'm hoping today will bring something :lol:

I think we should all club together and buy jane a storm for xmas.

Oooh yes please Lauren :D could you chuck some snow in with that pleeeasseee :drunk:

I've had more thunder and lightening during this Autumn/Winter than the last few years put together!

The most dramatic was the passing of the cold front which crossed in the early hours of Decemeber the 1st which brought very heavy hail stones, severe gales and stunning electric blue lightening, I would like some more please! :good:

Now, now Liam, It aint going to do us NSC members any good by you popping into the almighty NSC and making us all jealous.is it now, eh! eh! :winky: :cray:

Posted

I've had the hailstorms Raidan, but without the thunder :( I'm hoping today will bring something :lol:

Oooh yes please Lauren :D could you chuck some snow in with that pleeeasseee :drunk:

Now, now Liam, It aint going to do us NSC members any good by you popping into the almighty NSC and making us all jealous.is it now, eh! eh! :winky: :cray:

:80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

because of the 3 ish claps of thunder and lightning yesterday I declare myself out of the no storms club :) YAY

On your way then Viking, :huh: if it felt like a storm then you're out! :cray:

Posted

Which member has gone the longest without a storm then? :)

Posted

Our very own Jane Louise I think? Unless there is anyone else who has a different point of view. :w00t:

And well done, Viking. This NSC is primarily for Spring and Summer storm activity but we are versatile and with the title of the thread stating 2011, meaning 1st January to 31st December, and you've seen storm activity... We'll let you go. :good: And don't come back too quick you hear! :-)

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Well, another year is about to pass by. Thanks from myself and I'm sure I speak for Jane Louise also for all the gripes and moans from all remaining members of the NSC 2011 about the lack of storms, the near misses and what could have beens given the right set ups.

Hopefully though, we'll not see anyone in here in 2012. But a brief analysis of what was Spring/Summer 2011... North East in May/June/July 2011... Unusual and on occasion intense storm activity and since I can ever recall was far more active than the south which would be in a geographical sense be more favoured, but the English Channel and even the Kent clippers didn't exactly materialise, even though some very beefy cells which looked for certain to move north decayed. ( Perhaps except for 27th/28th June 2011 when severe storms broke out in the south east. A clue being 'Anyone for tennis?' or when a severe storm hit during a Wimbledon game live on BBC1.) Early August produced a few thundery showers and even an unexpected one for my locality on Sunday 7th August 2011. (Might still be in the convective thread around that time unless Paul and co have purged it!)

But with sunspot activity increasing, it seems that warmer days and more unstable atmospherics look rife for 2012 and moreover 2013, but that remains to be seen as such. So from the teaboy, now assistant manager owing to Jane promoting me last night on Facebook. 8) (I'll still fetch the tea though!) I, and on behalf of my boss wish you all the best and lets break the record in 2012 with the LEAST amount of members ever.

Happy New Year. :)

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK