Posted

hello yamkin

i have not seen the weather forecasts

but i will do tomorrow as they should have

the updated version by then and it will be interesting

to see their pressure charts for monday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I swear you guys are using different charts as there is no one getting excited in the model thread. Befoe the Nov / Dec cold spell there were numerous posters in there using the term ramping and generally getting excited for very good reason but none of that is happening at the moment. I suspect the reason for that is that there isn't any cold coming.

I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, i love the cold but I don't see the point of getting people excited and their hopes up when the signs just aren't there in the reliable time frame.

Posted

Blimey, thought I'd stumbled into the moaning model thread then!!!! :whistling:

Still it might get cold soon,

or not,

but we will know for sure afterwards..... :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

so much ramping....I will wait for the usual suspects to confirm if its going to get snowy again as for now im not at all convinced :)

Posted

*WARNING* Do not enter the Model Discussion thread unless armed with plenty of prozac!:lol:

I never cease to be amazed that after the most stonking cold and snowy winter period for many years, followed by a period of generally milder weather, that everyone in the MOD thread is so up or down about what might be the weather at this end of the 2010/11 season.

For goodness sakes, everyone has had some of the weather they like and there is still argument and bickering about the last knockings! I don't do this smiley very often, but I'm bringing it out of retirement today: :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rukm1441.gif

i will update later

if people disagree with the charts that are

posted please post your point of view instead

of criticising when they change overnight

Totally agree jp. I for one enjoy reading yours and yamkins

posts and you both always back thoughts up with charts.

Please both of you keep up the good work. I am still learning myself and find the posts you and others in this thread make very helpful.

Let's just hope the cold makes an appearance soon roll in the upgrades and ramping

Edited by snowbob

Posted

For the attention of Steve Murr.

I have followed the Model Discussion and this Regional discussion for a couple of winters.

Personally, I find your posts the most interesting and relevant.

I realise you must get fed up with the idiotic comments some people make, but, I am sure they are in the minority and I for one would be sorry if

your very informative posts were to cease.

Keep up the good work.

P.S., I thought your opening comment last night "Back from the gym...." was classic!

Regards

Posted

Let's just face it, winter's over in the UK. i have daffodils almost ready to come into bloom it's been so mild, bushes and hedges are budding.

i just had a week ski-ing in the Alps, amazing, i advise net weatherers to go and get their snow fix in places where snow is reliable and enjoyable!

Posted

Let's just face it, winter's over in the UK. i have daffodils almost ready to come into bloom it's been so mild, bushes and hedges are budding.

i just had a week ski-ing in the Alps, amazing, i advise net weatherers to go and get their snow fix in places where snow is reliable and enjoyable!

What is the point of this statement? Can you back it up with charts? Is winter REALLY over in early February, or is it actually an utterly silly statement?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Just shows what a how mundane this country and it's weather really is, have to go abroad to find the good stuff during the real winter and real summer, but you're wrong winter is over on March 20th, until then there's allways a chance of colder weather although I am close to giving up :( (still, what a December!):clap: good memories!:cray:

Posted

What is the point of this statement? Can you back it up with charts? Is winter REALLY over in early February, or is it actually an utterly silly statement?

Look around you. The days are lengthening, the grass is growing , its beemn 11 degrees for ages, the birds are active.

Deep winter is over.

Spring is coming. Flowers are poking up.

In another 10 days the sun will be noticably more powerful and sany snow we do get is likely to be short lasting. No cold weather is being shown in any period up to 20 Feb.

So that is it for this winter, as far as i can see.

Just over 2 weeks until "Spring Weather Discussion" banner starts :yahoo:

Posted

God - i am glad i dont live in London. An hours drive and i am skiing this weekend. Plenty of Winter left up here.

Now that's just gloating! :whistling:

CD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

God - i am glad i dont live in London. An hours drive and i am skiing this weekend. Plenty of Winter left up here.

Can you put your location on your profile please GBM, we know you don't live in London but its handy when reporting weather conditions to know where abouts you are !

(You can do this by clicking on your profile, top right hand corner, then clicking "edit profile". Add your location and save - thanks !)

Have a lovely weekend skiing - and don't break a leg :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rukm1441.gif

i will update later

if people disagree with the charts that are

posted please post your point of view instead

of criticising when they change overnight

Not sure if that was aimed at me but just to be clear, I was referring to the general mood in the main model thread of the past week or so that did not suggest we were going to return to the freezer anytime soon.

Sure there have been charts popping up now and then have hinted at the possibility but nothing in the reliable timeframe that some have suggested and nothing from the big 3.

It seems though that people enjoy all the ramping so I will sit back and watch from afar and if we do get a return to cold and hopefully snow then great.

Posted

Well if it is, then it is!! We can only try and forecast the weather - we can't create or influence it. Isn't it why we love the UK so much - such different weather through out the year and never the same two months running?

I'm glad we have all the seasons we do and have enjoyed what Winter 2010/11 has thrown at me. Looking forward to more British weather this year. :clap:

Guest archiesmummy

oh my.....i know confidence is low on the will it wont it return for cold and poss snow but hey spring doesnt start until march and even then we have had snow and even the following month too! oh and june...albeit short lived...i dont think its unreasonable for people on a cold weather discussion thread to just have one more excited snow watch, if this was the spring discussion board and people were ramping for snow then i would understand the frustration.

I understand some people are saying look dont get your hopes up to high as you maybe disappointed but I think we all know that and are adult enough to deep down accept it just might not happen but lets have a little ramp if there is even the slightest chance of a cold spell again, sometimes I feel like i have just been told there is no Santa being on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

:D :D

Posted

Not sure if that was aimed at me but just to be clear, I was referring to the general mood in the main model thread of the past week or so that did not suggest we were going to return to the freezer anytime soon.

Sure there have been charts popping up now and then have hinted at the possibility but nothing in the reliable timeframe that some have suggested and nothing from the big 3.

It seems though that people enjoy all the ramping so I will sit back and watch from afar and if we do get a return to cold and hopefully snow then great.

hi jayces

sorry mate a bit grumpy this morning

the reason i do not post in the main model thread

is because i would rather stick with trying to read

the charts for the south east

i do ramp up the good charts but i do try to back

up what i have said

this is a good reason to use the charts as a guide

and follow the fax charts as they seem more accurate

i still expect the south east to benefit from the weaker

atlantic and jet going south

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/nogapse_cartes.php?&ech=150&mode=0&carte=0

i will still show good charts but i will update

with the fax charts later and hopefully will show the pesky low

go south which is causing all the problems :air_kiss:

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm1201.gif

could anyone tell me why this chart only 5

days away would not be good for the south east

:whistling:

Would it be bad? It looks like we have a pool of 528 air over most of England with the air flow being drawn in from France? Or would the air be coming from too far south? Sorry, I'm not too good at this! :cc_confused:

Edited by snowgirlkent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

I really don't understand people on the Model Thread, last night there were fairly confident of a beast from the east which the BOM charts clearly showed, then this morning they are angry and certain that winter was over due to all charts massively downgrading the easterly, now some charts are looking better this evening and off they go again, thinking that we may get something after all, I thought they were meant to be the experts!:whistling:, as for today an interesting bout of heavy costal channel rain at times would have put us 2 foot under if it had been Snow, intense rain although I'm bored of the atlantic and would like at least a couple of Frosts back!:pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Omg the model thread has exploded with excitement. Can the south east crew start ramping and celebrating yet. Or is it too soon please someone with better knowledge tell me the ECM could veryfy lol

Posted

Would it be bad? It looks like we have a pool of 528 air over most of England with the air flow being drawn in from France? Or would the air be coming from too far south? Sorry, I'm not too good at this! :cc_confused:

don't worry he was being sarcastic in responses to the Mildies having a go at him I think, of course the chart is pretty sweet for cold uppers