Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

April CET

Posted

So the hottest april on record or over 352 years ago.

I wouldn`t mind a repeat of May 2008,there was thunderstorms and it was the most easterly month on record.

This month is starting similar with the east wind,abit dry to say the least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

This April just confirms finally how pear shaped the winter of 2010-11 was. In future it can be summed up as being THE MOST PEAR SHAPED WINTER EVER. A pear shaped winter is one that has a good cold spell early on that deteriorates into nothing. I can not find anything approaching the extremity of how winter 2010-11 had a notable early freeze up that deteriorated into nothing. It is plainly summeed up as the winter that had the most notable early freeze up on record that deteriorated by Dec 27th into what was certainly nothing special with the February in particular being very dissappointingly mild, and on top of that this led into the warmest April on record.

April is spring but you keep you PEAR SHAPE if it keeps you happy re the winter

For the record

Dec CET way below average

Jan CET just below average

Feb CET above average

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

April is spring but you keep you PEAR SHAPE if it keeps you happy re the winter

For the record

Dec CET way below average

Jan CET just below average

Feb CET above average

Please don't encourage him...

Back to the April CET and 11.8c was a record breaking month, as if you didn't know.

This weeks winner was Craig Evans 0.2c out as was AtlanticFlamethrower, with Roger J Smith 0.3c out.

Overall the top 4 is Jack Wales (stays 1st), reef (2nd from 4th), Optimus Prime (stays 3rd) and AderynCoch (4th from 2nd).

In the seasonal comp the 1-2-3 is Roger J Smith, Don and AtlanticFlameThrower

As ever any problems with the scores or if your scores have been missed out, please let me know.

Apr 2011 CET.xls

Apr 2011 CET.pdf

Posted

Haha congrats to Craig Evans, who would have thought it??! I wonder what the odds on him winning would have been?

Posted

I always said to myself that the day Craig Evans wins the CET contest is the day I will stop doubting the UK climate is warming. Well that day has arrived :(

Posted

I always said to myself that the day Craig Evans wins the CET contest is the day I will stop doubting the UK climate is warming. Well that day has arrived :(

That sounds like a wonderful scientific method of determining what direction the temperature of the climate is going. Well done.

Posted

231 hours of sunshine here in April, which is 165% of average and makes it sunnier than any June or August from 2001-2011 at this site.

Even more remarkable is that only May 2001, 2005, 2008 and July 2006 have been sunnier months in the same time period. Amazing when you consider the month is generally 2 months from the summer solstice.

Posted

That sounds like a wonderful scientific method of determining what direction the temperature of the climate is going. Well done.

I might see if I can get it published in one of the scientific journals.