Cold?
IGNORED

England (Central & Southern) - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Ah I see, I'll get that sorted :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hello Fellow Southerners, not be the greatest winters to start for us lot, much colder in the last week though we have had 3 frosts and a few days where it has felt bitter! Hopefully snow isn't too far away, hopefully January will see things turn around, Heres Hoping :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Charts look terrible to me again today for south not even much hope of snow on highest hills down here.

Cool and wet all the way for next week or so which I find the worst to be outside working in! :bad::80:

Posted

Charts look terrible to me again today for south not even much hope of snow on highest hills down here.

Cool and wet all the way for next week or so which I find the worst to be outside working in! :bad::80:

12z shocking for us Southerners......All way out to 23rd December....zonal....mild/cooler/mild...Then near Xmas day and we see Southerly winds!!!!....All F1 but December will be a write off for us Southerners....Jan may hold more hope!

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted

12z shocking for us Southerners......All way out to 23rd December....zonal....mild/cooler/mild...Then near Xmas day and we see Southerly winds!!!!....All F1 but December will be a write off for us Southerners....Jan may hold more hope!

Doesn't look good if you want snow and cold! I'll happily take a few wintry showers this month but looks strongly like we won't even get that.

Posted

Doesn't look good if you want snow and cold! I'll happily take a few wintry showers this month but looks strongly like we won't even get that.

Agree with you there Mark...Pretty much in line with GP view and the NW forecast.....However maybe heights to our north west and north east will bring us some wintry blasts at year end!!!

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The reason there is no East Anglia/SE thread is because the regions shouldn't be open yet, I don't know why this one is open. Paul says it was accidentally left open from the Spring cold spells.

Edited by Nick L

Posted

We will get our snow, things can change, you wait and see! :D

I like the positive approach Jane Louise!

Already the 12z seems to be out of sync with the latest met office weather warnings....seems from the warning updates that tomorrows low might be tracking further south. If so everything beyond that is up in the air again.

Posted

IS there no chance of us southerners seeing snow on friday? Despite -6 or -7 uppers over much of UK.

Parts of the midland could see some wintry showers through Friday, but further south and east you go; more in the way of sunshine. I don't expect you to see any snow, who knows a wintry shower could reach your area though theres always that small possibility.

Edited by Mark Neal Ballooning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

I agree with the posts saying that this is a disappointing start to the winter. Also - why no S.E. thread? Isn't it bad enough that there is nothing interesting developing here without being reminded of this by presuming no one in the S.E. will want to post as there is nothing to discuss. A moan-page would be more apt given the awful year 2011 has demonstrated to be in these quarters. A thunderless summer for the 4th consecutive year and now another long spell of tedious zonality with the usual useless rainfall quantities and lack of variety. Missing out on the snow is another kick in the teeth while already 'down'. The current weather is just like what we have suffered virtually all year but a bit colder. Hardly pleasing or inspiring.

I wish I could move north where all the action seems to be - thunder in summer and snow in winter and plenty of variety. I have never known such a westerly based year that has produced such little variety and has been so dry.The mean barometric pressure has been well below average in this region for every month since May, yet the rainfall has been mostly lacking throughout.

Having a dry year from anticyclones is enjoyable as the associated weather is often sunny and pleasant. I'm sure I am speaking on the behalf of many southern members when I say that it is very hard to feel enthusiastic about another run of westerlies (or variation on this theme) which will deliver the usual few minutes of drizzle and days of windy and damp conditions. Let's hope we can wipe the slate clean and get rid of this dross for 2012 as like many other storm and severe weather enthusiasts in the South and S.E., I am truly sick to death of this endless current synoptic set up that has gone on all year. I completely despair at the next 10 days of maps and models which shows little opportunity for a change bringing something more wintry, wet, stormy (anything interesting) into southern areas. I almost wish the Euro High of November was still here because such a mild build-up for so long might just lead to something different from the current outcome.

Sorry to grumble - rant over.

Seriously though, as I am the local weather 'nut' I only seem to be included in conversations when the weather does something interesting. The long standing current conditions result in little stimulating conversation and everyone seems to be so grumpy and depressed at present. i can't help feeling that if something interesting was developing then there would be plenty to invoke stimulating conversation.

Sorry if this post is off topic but I need to let off steam sometimes.

Definition of 2011 in the S.E. :wallbash:

Posted

Definition of 2011 in the S.E. :wallbash:

I can sympathise SB - however, there is always 2012 to look forward to - who knows what January, February and March has to offer? And don't forget we had snow in April 2008 - so don't rule out April either...