Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

England (Central & Southern) - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Isn't England a wonderfully diverse country? Ranging from tourist hotspots like Cumbria's magnificent lakes and Gloucestershire's soft honey-coloured limestone cottages nestling under rolling hills, to Essex; scarcely can anywhere else offer quite such stark contrasts.

Please use this thread to discuss anything weather-related which is specifically English over the course of the spring and summer, much like in the more distinct regional threads over the past winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It's cloudy.

Posted

Isn't England a wonderfully diverse country? Ranging from tourist hotspots like Cumbria's magnificent lakes and Gloucestershire's soft honey-coloured limestone cottages nestling under rolling hills, to Essex; scarcely can anywhere else offer quite such stark contrasts.

Please use this thread to discuss anything weather-related which is specifically English over the course of the spring and summer, much like in the more distinct regional threads over the past winter.

You forgot to mention Hull....

Posted

I can see that university education is paying off!

Worth every grand!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

The Only Way Is Essex.....as they say on ITV2.

Posted

It's cloudy again...but we had some welcomed rain earlier, not a great deal but I'm sure the grass appreciated it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not a lot of rain today. A bit more in the morning but dry and very warm for the time of year once again. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

um no.. not really!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Bit of heavy drizzle this morning and light drizzle up until around 2:30pm.

Afterwards it became lovely with blue skies and some later afternoon sunshine.

I must be honest - Recording temperatures at this time of year doesn't interest me in the slightest. So I will rarely report my temperature.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Windy and Wet earlier in kent, nice to see though atleast it's not bloody cold and wet

Posted

Some quite heavy rain to start with before it started to brighten up during the last hour. It's fairly windy too. However, it feels quite mild with temperatures of around 10c

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

The strong gusty winds have just arrived here on the NE coast (40-50mph), gonna be a struggle getting to college this afternoon as I will be using 'peddle power'.!! At least on the way back I can use my coat as a sail and use 'wind power'...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Very strong winds here in Cumbria atm, severe gales gusting around 60-65mph pretty hard going on the roads/walking about..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Very strong winds here also. Gusts getting up to 60mph.

Posted

Very breezy day in London town, bins flying across the road and all. However, it has warmed up nicely since this morning with decent sunny spells and temperatures hitting 18c. Doesn't feel as warm as it could though because of the wind.

Posted

Very windy this afternoon with winds reaching around 65-70mph. Quite a few trees down in this region including one which was close to where I live. Took a few pics of the tree, which I've posted some pics of in another thread, and it appeared to have been uprooted and had snapped a nearby smaller tree on its way down.

Posted

Can't see how we're going to get to the 20c forecasted today. It's been cloudy all morning and there's no hint of it breaking up. Very disappointing.

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Can't see how we're going to get to the 20c forecasted today. It's been cloudy all morning and there's no hint of it breaking up. Very disappointing.

It has been quite disappointing considering all the raving on (on the TV forecasts) about how good friday and saturday were going to be! Mind you if the cloud does break it could turn warm quite quickly so still time to salvage mid to late afternoon :unsure:

Posted

A few glimmers of hope now. The cloud is slowly breaking up and I've even seen a few rays of sunshine in the last few minutes.

Posted

Well a nice, bright afternoon after a dull and grey morning. However, quite disappointing that the 20c that was forecast didn't materialise due to the cloudy morning. Top temperature today in London is 16c. Respectable for the time of year really, so I shouldn't complain too much.

Edited by danm

Posted

Yesterday (in the winter half-year), we had raging Sw'lies, mild temps and- hours of warm sunshine. Today (summer half-year) it was raging Sw'lies, mild temps and- glowering grey stratocumulus all day, with a 30-second glimpse of the sun at 5.30pm. Yep, it's summer!

Posted

Raining here after being dry and cloudy for most of this morning. Still quite breezy too, so it doesn't feel as warm as the temperatures of 15c suggest

Posted

Expected to see lots of posts about the thunderstorm that hit this area last night but no-one seems to have experienced it?