Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

England (Central & Southern) - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

A brilliant day, sunny, warm, just a shame Spurs V Wigan isn't televised otherwise it would be the perfect afternoon!

Posted

Expected to see lots of posts about the thunderstorm that hit this area last night but no-one seems to have experienced it?

It's also been mentioned in the Convective weather discussion thread :

Posted

Expected to see lots of posts about the thunderstorm that hit this area last night but no-one seems to have experienced it?

We dont get many round here, but last nights was the best we have had for many years.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Early Afternoon we had a strong line of altocumulus up from the south, it gave the impression of storms coming late evening. By early evening we had a mackeral sky, a forewarning for storms ( in summer ). Then we had big thundery drops as i drove to my family home. That was it!, would've been good in summer i'm sure :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Heathrow was already at 17c at 10am!

Posted

Just been out and about, it's stunning out there. Temperature rose from 16.6c to 19.1c in 1 hour at Heathrow. 21c may be a bit pessimistic for today.

Posted

21c was reached at Heathrow at midday.

Posted

Stunning morning so far. Warm, calm, crystal clear blue skies. I'm sure it will cloud up this afternoon as the cold front pushes south, but so far the weather has been perfect.

Posted

Beautiful day with lots of blue sky and sunshine and unlike yesterday hardly any wind. Temps were nothing to write home about but under the sun it felt warm, the first day when you thought you could do without your jacket. It normally takes until early May for us to have such a day, in this respect we are doing very well indeed for the time of year. Tomorrow looks a carbon copy but slightly warmer, so it will feel even better. Hopefully we see a similiar day on Saturday and the cloud stays at bay, but Sunday now looks a cloudy one in the main with more wind about. Still it will be another fairly decent weekend, pity it isn't easter yet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

wow, so warm today here in E. Yorks.

23ºC in the shade .. not a cloud in the sky.

Beautiful.

BL :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Went on holiday to Scarborough, here's the observations:

Monday: Rain & Wind - 8C (gusts in 40's)

Tuesday: Sunshine and showers - 15C (gusts in 40's)

Wednesday: Sunny - 23C (gusts in 30's)

Thursday: Sunny - 16C (gusts in mid 20's)

Friday: Sunny - 24C (gusts in low teens)

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

14.7c already in cloudless skies, warmest day of the year here today I expect

Posted

One says 18.7c and the other 21.4c, got my shorts on and it feels like summer! :D

Posted

This morning has started even warmer than yesterday, overnight min was 10.1c currently 14.6c with no wind a little high cloud and feeling very pleasant with no morning chill, perfect summers morning... oh wait its april :D

Posted

Let's all soak in the warmth today because it's all down hill this coming week in temps. The ECM & GFS are going for a very cool period in FI and around the Royal Wedding week :cold: :cold:

Posted

I'm surprised the Northwest Community Snow forum hasn't been reopened. Given we have the exact same conditions in December and were debating the potential of snow to come back then. As one poster commented in the Model discussion, the setup to come is more akin to January than near mid-April and with the BBC giving snow accumulations for the Pennines I feel those who are getting used to this weather have a shock to come tomorrow morning. Its nature I feel for the most though, with lambing season already here and the bugs already out from having to endure the already harsh winter throughout December and January (how soon we forgot how much those 2 months hit wildlife the hardest.) Another 2 weeks of winter temps in Spring I fear may just cull off species already struggling to survive.

Posted

I'm surprised the Northwest Community Snow forum hasn't been reopened. Given we have the exact same conditions in December and were debating the potential of snow to come back then. As one poster commented in the Model discussion, the setup to come is more akin to January than near mid-April and with the BBC giving snow accumulations for the Pennines I feel those who are getting used to this weather have a shock to come tomorrow morning. Its nature I feel for the most though, with lambing season already here and the bugs already out from having to endure the already harsh winter throughout December and January (how soon we forgot how much those 2 months hit wildlife the hardest.) Another 2 weeks of winter temps in Spring I fear may just cull off species already struggling to survive.

Because any snow will be for the highest ground only.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Absolutely gorgeous weather here in Malvern over this weekend - temperatures have reached around 21oC during the afternoon, wind very light, less today than yesterday. Hardly a cloud in the sky! Some high cirrus this morning but clear as far as I could see westwards in the afternoon. Fabulous!

Posted

Can't see any wintry showers over the Pennines in the forecast. Higher parts of the scottish highland may see one or two wintry showers tomorrow and Tuesday. There are some upper stream signals suggesting a possibility of cold polar air making inroads across the country in the run up to easter which could deliver some wintry showers of northen english high ground i.e.northern pennines and lakeland fells, but this is a long way off.

It has been a notably mild spell of weather, all traces of snow have cleared the lakeland fells which is very early for the year, in many years the snow clings on in the eastern hollows until May. We are due a cold polar blast at some stage, we could get one with the weakening polar vortex which has been stubbornly strong for ages now - it should now be dying of death but la nina is helping to prolong these mild conditions.

Posted

Some fairly heavy rain at the moment.

Didn't expect anything like this today. Expected an overcast day with breaks and sunny spells by the end of the afternoon.

Posted

Stunning day again, crystal clear blue skies and actually feeling warmer than yesterday. Currently around 19-20c, forecast thinks we'll peak at about 22c.

All down hill from tomorrow for this area with much cooler temperatures.