Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

England (Central & Southern) - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
A lorry driver has died after his vehicle left a trunk road in severe wintry conditions. The incident on the A160 in north Lincolnshire happened as police across the north of England and Scotland warned motorists to take extra care due to sleet and snow.

Humberside Police said the white Scania lorry, which was fully loaded with meat, left the westbound carriageway of the road in South Killingholme at about 4.14am. A spokeswoman said road conditions in the area were quite poor at the time due to cold weather and hailstones. The driver has not been named but is believed to be from the North West. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Met Office has issued severe weather warnings for most of Scotland as well as Northern Ireland and parts of northern England. They warn of sleet and snow showers and ice on untreated surfaces.

http://www.sleafords...ather_1_3309212

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Hubby's just reported that there's a few snowflakes blowing around on top of the Mendips.

Posted

Hubby's just reported that there's a few snowflakes blowing around on top of the Mendips.

:clapping: Send it this way!!! Dewpoint has gone into minus figures for the first time since last Winter and it definitely feels more seasonal out there today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

First snow shower of the winter this morning as i left for work! :air_kiss:

I didnt expect it at all! Got in car and there was a fine dusting from shower passing through about 8am although it would have melted fairly soon after.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Well its very chilly here and now the winds have picked up it feels even colder,was a lovely sunny start but clouds have now appeared. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Cold feel here also and feels about 2/1C in windchill, great to see these back and can't wait for SE cold spell discussions to open. 7.2C currently and partly/mostly cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Will somerset get any snow?

Nice to see you back daisy! We seen a bit on hills first thing but nothing to write home about.

Unlikely today but you never know it might just be possible next weekend. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Today is by far the coldest it has felt since last winter. Won't be any snow for us down here though unfortunately!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Although its only 6c here, it feels much warmer- in fact just nipped up the village shop for some drawing pins wearing a t shirt! Think its going to be a Jan/Feb before we have anything.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

It feels colder here today and was good to see some frost walking the dog this morning.

Generally speaking though the south east of the country will not do well out of topplers, either this one or the one forecast for later this week.

In fact we would be better off served with a toppling temporary Scandi to Scotland ridge. It will be hard to achieve anything towards the south whilst the present synoptic scenario lasts, however we should hope fore something better later in the season.

Posted

3 degrees air temp and -2.4 dew points here, if only there were some showers around I might actually see something wintry, doesnt look at all likely though unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Will be a very happy guy if this forecast comes off! :)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_temp.html

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted

Nice to see you back daisy! We seen a bit on hills first thing but nothing to write home about.

Unlikely today but you never know it might just be possible next weekend. :drinks:

Lovely to see you to matey! :drinks:

That'll be the daughter posting earlier though. As a proper weather geek I know we ain't getting no snow for the foreseeable...It just isn't cold enough, infact with my superior knowledge *cough* I would be surprised if we get any snow that lays for more than a couple of hours until next year.

Posted

I presume there has been an update that has removed what you were hoping for as there seems to be nothing of interest, what was it?

Frost, possible on Friday/Saturday night :wub: , could change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Afternoon fellow central-southerners! What a naff start to winter so far. While my hometown has had snow flurries we've barely been able to register a frost. It's looking likely I'll be a regional host for CS England judging by my new-found moderating powers...not that I want to use them of course! :D

Posted

this for the people on the east coast

As the severe gale or storm force northwesterly winds transfer out into the North Sea Thursday night and Friday morning, there is also a risk of a storm surge heading down the North Sea which could bring a risk of coastal flooding as high winds and very low air pressure coincide with high tides.

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

this for the people on the east coast

As the severe gale or storm force northwesterly winds transfer out into the North Sea Thursday night and Friday morning, there is also a risk of a storm surge heading down the North Sea which could bring a risk of coastal flooding as high winds and very low air pressure coincide with high tides.

You won't find many on the east coast in this thread :D

Posted

The Easterners don't have a thread! lol ;) Im skulking between here and the Midlands thread :D xxx

Posted

yep i know i just email someone asking for a east coast as there not one yet!!!