Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Low and behold stunning in Edinburgh, the moment I get in to Glasgow it starts chucking it down like the chuck down from hell. Got soaked. Hair a mess. Not impressed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny and windy here with just an odd brief shower. Feeling cool in the breeze. Snow on the higher Perthshire hills too this morning. Down to around 2000 feet in the Nevis / Glencoe area I believe. Continuing changeable in the next few days.

I am working down in London on and off for a few weeks shortly so personally I don't want a June heatwave in the South East. Some dry sunny weather would be most welcome up here though.

Posted

Just in fer golf (first ever hole in wan) and it was nice and blustery, 2 heavy showers but has now calmed a wee bit. Temp at 12c

Posted

Very very very very very wet outside in Glasgow. Came through for a few days to see friends and help my friend with his video project for uni and we were up at 7am to go film at Glasgow Uni today and was nice and sunny and as soon as we finished started raining. Lucky day! Pretty nippy and windy outside as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Just in fer golf (first ever hole in wan) ....

Did the wind blow it in?:whistling:

Just back from France and 12 C + peeing down here.

Garden impressive/in serious bloom after two weeks away - pity I can't enjoy it without getting wet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

12c here with lightish rain [under 1mm so far]. Fair but windy earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Did the wind blow it in?:whistling:

Just back from France and 12 C + peeing down here.

Garden impressive/in serious bloom after two weeks away - pity I can't enjoy it without getting wet!

Welcome home :whistling:

Little wind today, just cloud & drizzle. I think this is revenge for me not having voted SNP. There, that's that cat out of the bag. :ph34r:

Posted

Welcome back SS hope you had a great time. I want to move to France....love the food, the culture and the climate.

Wouldn't worry HC........doubt your voting habits would have any effect on the weather! :rofl:

Just thinking if we had an Eden project super large cover over us. we might be able to create the perfect climate for the summer.:whistling:

It is milder tonight with temps now reaching 14C and the wind has dropped considerably. Calm before the storm methinks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Welcome back SS hope you had a great time. I want to move to France....love the food, the culture and the climate.

Having recently visited the Lacanau area in France, I can recommend a number of excellent supermarkets well worthy of a visit.

Forget museums etc - supermarkets in France are the place to go.

Wow - died and gone to heaven. So much amazing food; langoustine, soupe du poisson... an entire asile devoted to 1000 different cheeses. Could spend the entire day in there.

SuperU, Intermarche....I am not worthy :wacko:

EDIT:

Highly recommend:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=15958085570505296479&q=APPART'VACANCES+r%C3%A9sidence+vacances+de+LACANAU&hl=en&ved=0CA8Q2QY&sa=X&ei=2yvYTa7ZBYaN8gOTmbi6BQ

APPART'VACANCES résidence vacances de LACANAU

lovely simple but very comfortable chalets in the forest with pool, lake or beach close at hand. Supermarkets good too :good:

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Having recently visited the Lacanau area in France, I can recommend a number of excellent supermarkets well worthy of a visit.

Forget museums etc - supermarkets in France are the place to go.

Wow - died and gone to heaven. So much amazing food; langoustine, soupe du poisson... an entire asile devoted to 1000 different cheeses. Could spend the entire day in there.

SuperU, Intermarche....I am not worthy :wacko:

Agreed. Cheese - then hit the wine aisle! :drinks:

What a beautiful morning! Blue skies and very light breeze 6C

Morning Gilly, it's a whole different world down here. Dark sky, heavy showers and if anything it is getting darker as the morning goes on.

I'm in two minds about the storm for Monday night, part of me thinks it could be very interesting but the other half of me thinks it will be the normal damb squib. 70mph gusts have been unusual enough in winter let alone in late spring with trees in full leaf...this could be an interesting couple of days of weather. I'm supposed to be in Oban on Tuesday morning, could be a fun trip :lol:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Shower that passed through here about half an hour ago flipped over trampolines etc. Wonder what tomorrow will bring :unsure:

Posted

Grey, windy and showery again after a decent early morning. Wind stopped play in the harbour :( so young uns moping around. He'll be sanding the yard if he doesn't settle to something useful soon... :aggressive:

Posted

Sunny spells and blustery showers. 12c. Gusty wind as has been the case in the last few days. A bit more than gusty perhaps tomorrow though.

Posted

SS, wind had considerable bearing on the ball otherwise would have missed well left.Gash weather today, 12c and very blustery, now down to 9c and no let up with the wind, and supposed to get worse!!! Off to tie down the Trampoline before it catches the train to Embra.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

This is looking increasingly messy.....

post-7292-0-71129600-1306102387_thumb.gi

Posted

All calm in Glasgow. But I can see some nasty stuff just getting into ireland just now and heading this way for about 2am.

Posted

Sunny spells and blustery showers. 12c. Gusty wind as has been the case in the last few days. A bit more than gusty perhaps tomorrow though.

Hi norrance,

Just to say we are now in calgary/canada living. It,s great here and the weather is? well diffrent -26 12 weeks ago +21 today that felt a lot hotter than that taking in alttitude ext.

Keep up supporting the boys.

Posted

Very stormy this morning with gale force southerly wind and very squally rain but not too cold at 14c. Ground still very dry even with all the recent showers as the wind stays strong when they finish and speeds up the drying process.

Posted

Very windy in Edinburgh city center. Got blown over on North Bridge this morning. My knee hurts D= think I can sue the council yet?

Posted

Recent gust here in town of 67mph. Taybridge closed to all but cars. Maybe higher there with it being so exposed.At least the rain stopped and now only blustery light showers. Feeling colder than the current 12.8c.

Posted

Absolutely amazing May day, currently 11c with gale force SW wind(possibly stronger) and squally showers. Great duststorms off many of the newly planted fields of carrots and tatties as a result of constant cropping and stone removal (American Dustbowl Coditions)No Grass breaks anymore on large arable farms to build up soil organic matter which would tend to hold the soil particles together and prevent soil erosion in high winds.Numerous large branches of trees on the roads and an unconfirmed report of a small car being blown off the road on Elgin -Forres A96 road. Neep sowing will have to wait a while!!!!!