IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion UK

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton

Eh ??

When did that happen then.

Looks to me to be a Strong Risk of Thunderstorms from convergence across the East Midlands moving into Lincs and Northern East Anglia. Southern parts of Essex, London and Kent staying mostly dry throughout today.

But please do show me the forecast that says we are due Thunderstorms today :pardon:

Btw From PJB On Ukww Below - Close

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/get-attachment.asp?attachmentid=69155

And Tony Gilbert

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/get-attachment.asp?attachmentid=69146

interesting pictures

so even though I may see a shower/storm I should hopefully avoid the worst of the weather with a bit of luck which is good

Posted

Just looked at todays flash and bang potential...it seems just like old times!....The west midlands breed 'em and the east midlands get 'em! :doh:

suits me down to the ground

we can breed them all day long providing I don't see any

Posted

FUNNY :)......because i believe we are in the risk zone!

Sorry, I would say we are in the 'not significantly at risk' side of any events today

Posted

We cant rule out the odd shower but if you want to see a cracking Thunderstorm today I would get in the car and head up the A1

Or a ferry to Zeebrugge!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

You callin' it a day already, AJ? Ahh, what the heck, I'm giving up too.

:lol:

;):nea: :nea:

i'm looking for belgium imports today, starting in belguim. And as the cross over the sea the moisture off the sea helps it develop further and then once it reaches the uk the cape and low LI will keep it going for a little while before it faids out

Edited by vortex_liam

Posted

so even though I may see a shower/storm I should hopefully avoid the worst of the weather with a bit of luck which is good

I am quite happy to take your quota down here for you Gordon! Good to see contributions from non-storm lovers too, although I understand your feelings, you are up against some real die hard stormies in here!!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

You callin' it a day already, AJ? Ahh, what the heck, I'm giving up too.

:lol:

I'm trying that old reverse psychology trick so that the weather gods will 'teach me a lesson' and prove me wrong by landing a rotating supercell on my doorstep...Just hope they haven't read this post and sussed me out :lol:

I just have this nagging doubt that I'm just a tad too far west for something decent....The parameters admittedly are in place for heavy showers/storms, but look a lot better 50 miles or so further east......Ahh, it's probably the hangover thats making me feel a bit negative, hmm perhaps I'll do a runner from the family for the afternoon and head east :lol:

Posted

Yep

Good luck to all today, for us even seeing these types of Set-Ups in April hopefully bodes well for the Summer being active. You can bet your life when I leave the country on Wednesday the SE Will light up for weeks on end and I can follow the MCS From 4,500 Miles away :aggressive::oops:

Anyone think it might be a good idea for us to set-up a thread for Storm Pics in the UK Storms area today instead of the Photography section, I can always move it back into Photography later on. Robin / Coast what do you think ?

Posted

I am quite happy to take your quota down here for you Gordon! Good to see contributions from non-storm lovers too, although I understand your feelings, you are up against some real die hard stormies in here!!! :lol:

well this thread would be a dull place if only storm lovers occupied it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Yep

Good luck to all today, for us even seeing these types of Set-Ups in April hopefully bodes well for the Summer being active. You can bet your life when I leave the country on Wednesday the SE Will light up for weeks on end and I can follow the MCS From 4,500 Miles away :aggressive::oops:

Anyone think it might be a good idea for us to set-up a thread for Storm Pics in the UK Storms area today instead of the Photography section, I can always move it back into Photography later on. Robin / Coast what do you think ?

Yeah that would be easyier :rolleyes:

Posted

Well we will be keeping you up to date with any UK storm chasing on here Paul!!! :lol:

I'll create a thread for storm photos in this section, can people please keep to just posting pictures though, not starting another convective discussion? If you like any photos that appear, please use the reputation button in the corner to signify this.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/69271-uk-storm-photosvideos-april-into-may-2011/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

well this thread would be a dull place if only storm lovers occupied it

I'd rather someone post their excitement of a storm rather than; 'oh look, it's some cirrussss'

Not looking great for storms here today, too much cloud right now for a start for the sun's heat to trigger any showers. Looks like the fun will be out East today.

Anyone reckon this cloud will burn off? Wind is unfortunately blowing it in from the West. :(

Posted

Well we will be keeping you up to date with any UK storm chasing on here Paul!!! :lol:

I'll create a thread for storm photos in this section, can people please keep to just posting pictures though, not starting another convective discussion? If you like any photos that appear, please use the reputation button on the corner to signify this.

Great Idea :good:

Lets see if we can get a few pages of Storm Pictures in here today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

71% chance of brighton, sussex,seeing something today according to will it thunder. i thought sussex esp coastal areas were out of the picture for today?

Posted

Yep

I'm sure you'll get a few little storms over there at some point! :lol:

I think that would be a very good idea, as it would give people a place to put pictures from today without them being lost in a maze of posts within 5 minutes!

Posted

Ah, much better for me today. The highest risk zone is slightly East of me but I think I have more of a chance than yesterday! We also have a weather warning from the Met Office- not really that important but nice to see!

EDIT: Also, 18.7C here already with a dew point of 12.4C!

Edited by IAmJohnnyDisco

71% chance of brighton, sussex,seeing something today according to will it thunder. i thought sussex esp coastal areas were out of the picture for today?

If you take those storm risk charts as gospel you will be very disappointed much of the time. Best stick to informed posters in this thread today :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just looked at todays flash and bang potential...it seems just like old times!....The west midlands breed 'em and the east midlands get 'em! :doh:

I think were in with a very good shout today still. Best storms in the east though.

Posted

Morning :)

Realistically its going to be eyes westward again today for those of us in the South East, however for those of you living in the London/S Essex area, I will be out in an open park without an umbrella later, so you can expect torrential downpours and frequent cloud to ground lightning. :rolleyes:

As for continental imports, important to note that storms are not necessarily steered by the low level winds predicted by the models, they are more influenced by mid level winds which may not be the same.

Edited by Noctilucid

Posted

Looks like it will go bang for some today. Enjoy guys.

Posted

Sorry to all others in UK But this is a IMBY Post for worried residents of the arid SE :lol:

The main problem for the South East is Timing today. I have no doubt the CZ Storms will fire around the Midlands and these will move to the SE (Great I here you say as they will hit London and the SE) Well that is great but we need a bit of luck and get a Potent Storm to organise around the 1pm timeframe as these things are only going to be moving at around 25mph and the boundary layer is cooling all the time as we approach the evening.

Scenario A : Storm fires around 4pm and moves to the SE, By the time it does the 100 or so miles and gets into the London area it is 8pm and the Boundary Layer is not condusive and the Storm will shrivel to the North of London.

Scenario B : Storm fires at 1pm and gets into the London area at 5-6pm and then it could be game on.

Either way people to the North of London could see some lightning off to their North as dusk falls tonight from dissipating Thunderstorms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

So today is the day with all the cards on the table. Not a cloud in the sky here and already feeling pretty close. Time for the Bridgnorth Sheild to be shattered properly :yahoo:

Good luck all, hope you all get the storms you want :D

Posted

So today is the day with all the cards on the table. Not a cloud in the sky here and already feeling pretty close. Time for the Bridgnorth Sheild to be shattered properly :yahoo:

Good luck all, hope you all get the storms you want :D

Yes, the same for here, according to your signature you had that pathetic little thing I had at the start of the month, which obviously just took the shield's defences down, now we need the exposed inner core to be smashed! :ph34r: :winky:

I'm hopeful, but at the same time, worried I'll be disappointed! :db: