Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion UK

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton

looking on the bright side for me is that the longer I don't get one the less time I have to suffer if one comes along

just out of interest will these showers/storms fade with setting of the sun or will some other mechanism keep them going

just want to know so i can get an idea of when I can relax again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Lastest obs. show region of low-level convergence is roughly positioned over east Wales into extreme west parts of the west Midlands, with dewpoints reaching into the mid-upper 50s F range. Cumulus beginning to build now, so the next couple of hours should see the first showers break out over the Midlands.

Showing up quite nicely on the sat24 visisat, about half an hour old, also a cumulus field developing to the west and SW of Brum, would expect those to fire in the not too distant future

Posted

Yeah I'll second that. Im in Worthing. There was talk of maybe something tomorrow but I think thats out the window, too. :(

I will stay optimistic for tomorrow until the morning, I think the staff at Herstmonceux are on Easter break because they have not updated their soundings which is a pain in the but.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The sun has finerly come out here. Maybe something could develop around here or come from wales?

Posted

A few bits and pieces bubbling up inland here in the south, but nothing of note yet. Interestingly the IOW seems to be providing some lift and causing CUs to form out that way. I see nothing has developed over northern France as yet wither. I dont know if we are likely to see any imports from that way or if the channel would simply kill them off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The sun has finerly come out here. Maybe something could develop around here or come from wales?

Posted

A few bits and pieces bubbling up inland here in the south, but nothing of note yet. Interestingly the IOW seems to be providing some lift and causing CUs to form out that way. I see nothing has developed over northern France as yet wither. I dont know if we are likely to see any imports from that way or if the channel would simply kill them off

The French atmosphere is just as capped as ours. Although they might see something on the Belgium border which could attempt to cross to Kent but doubt it very much.

Posted

Some cloud starting to bubble up to the SW of here (Knowle, near Solihull), but still mostly blue skies.

Currently 24.6 (reached a high of approx 26.0 a couple of hours ago) with a dew point of 16.6

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Skyscraper out side :shok: Its huuge!!! it cant stop climbing

Posted

The Met Office satellite images (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html) beginning to show the clouds bubbling up over parts of EA and S.E England as well as continuing over more northern parts. It will be interesting to see the next two updates.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Not much of a chance round these here parts today I'm afraid......best of the instability reserved for counties east of here as the moist tongue of air is advected infront of the cold front. With winds now from a northwest direction, it gives little scope for anything to develop over land and push across. Parts West Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and east Mids look good to me.

Precipitation coming from the small cell overhead now. I say overhead, but its not raining here, but it looks like it might be just a few miles north. Not a storm though, just a moderate shower according to the extra radar.

Nice looking towers to the southeast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Big drops of rain just started here though its still hazy sunshine. Dark to the South and Southwest though

BB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

post-2752-0-47774200-1303564849_thumb.jp

Thought I'd add this taken a few minutes back. This is the development moving towards Leeds (Drifting NE). Looks like more of the same starting to build to it's rear?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It's really exploded into life oop North now, enjoy guys!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

28.9°C (H:29.8°C,13:06 L:9.2°C,06:16) Wind:2.0mph E, Pressure:1020.5hpa Falling slowly, Rain Today:0.0mm,

CU, Still building .. Im thinking we wont get anything today.. Good luck

Posted

The cumulus here are getting a bit more dynamic now with greater upward development. No congestus though yet.

Edit: first tower going up today here.

Edited by dave48

Posted

More cells appearing near my house! Can see the wind blowing the cells towards my area. Amazing!

Posted

post-2752-0-47774200-1303564849_thumb.jp

Thought I'd add this taken a few minutes back. This is the development moving towards Leeds (Drifting NE). Looks like more of the same starting to build to it's rear?

That is an absolute peach. Love that. Great pic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Some bubbling up bits of AC down here in Newbury, Berkshire.

However, am I right in thinking in spite of the hottest day of the year thus far which is sitting currently at 24.3c, my dewpoint of 12.2c is not high enough?

Can some of the experts confirm what DP I need or should I not be too worried about it, I vaguely recall someone saying 14-15c would be more ideal?

TIA

gottolovethsiweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather