Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion UK

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

That cell to sour South and South east is developing rapidly Nick, looks nice from my back garden....edit...WOW!.....almost continuous distant rumbles of thunder!.....the damn things barely developed an anvil...lol

Now let's just sit back, relax and watch it all fall apart lol.

Posted

Cell (not yet electrical) to the west of Colchester now too, a few more popping up over W + E Sussex

Can see the Colchester cell from here in Leigh On Sea :wacko:

Very agitated Cumulus field in EA & SE England now on latest Satpic

Guest Kent-Weather

Gutted I'm not in Kent anymore (drove back to Norwich yesterday) as that looks like homeground for convection so far today!

Kent's giving the heated temperature to allow for convective development. Only sad part is the wind vectors are flowing right around Kent, which would appear to push what Kent produces, west into Sussex and I wouldn't be surprised to then curl any development North towards London. UHI in London would hopefully further increase any intensity allowing for some interesting reports to come from that area.

Posted
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton

got to calm myself down or I'll bring on a heart attack at this rate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Now let's just sit back, relax and watch it all fall apart lol.

A new updraft has gone up to the west of the first one, I can barely see it above the haze, but it's there alright, now showing ppn from it on radar, it's fascinating seeing this develop so quickly! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Cell (not yet electrical) to the west of Colchester now too, a few more popping up over W + E Sussex

south coast of west sussex is fine, dry n sunny. can see distant cu to the north and nw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

I'm starting not to hold much hope for Bridgnorth now. Still not a cloud in the day...and time is ticking on :mellow:

Posted

*Investigates out window*

I can report that there has been something of an explosion over the new forest with very strong looking outlines. will watch and see how this goes. what is the expected direction that these storms will take?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

A new updraft has gone up to the west of the first one, I can barely see it above the haze, but it's there alright, now showing ppn from it on radar, it's fascinating seeing this develop so quickly! :)

I don't believe it. The new updraft is the most potent part, and the eastern section is dying - the bit that's heading towards me. You're in the prime position now!

Posted

There's a small but well defined tower with a glaciating top so turning into a CB a bit to my NNW, two of us thought we heard something like thunder about 10 mins ago but I didn't think it was as at that point it just looked like a cumulus congestus, didn't realise how high it had got!

Isolated sharp shower shown on radar associated with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I don't believe it. The new updraft is the most potent part, and the eastern section is dying - the bit that's heading towards me. You're in the prime position now!

here it be...distant thunder with hot sunshine!

post-4149-0-40135200-1303568080.txt

Posted

Cells firing up to the south of my home village (grr!) Staplehurst, probably over Cranbrook/Goudhurst way. Hope you guys get something thundery, I know how badly that neck of the woods struggles to develop anything.(also sferics from these too)

Edited by staplehurst

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Cell North of brighton turning into a sefric ;D

Posted

Hi, (my first post here on these forums) I'm in Wolverhampton and we've just had a few rumbles of thunder, but it's passed now.

Posted

Radar showing that lot near Forst Row south of London is developing well still no sferics from it though. I will keep watching that to see if it develops anymore.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

I'll be waiting for convection to build INVOF of the one currently on the rise now. It's currently to my WNW. Feel that air get more moist... hahaa.

can confirm rapid visual movment to the cell above your head....:drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I'm starting not to hold much hope for Bridgnorth now. Still not a cloud in the day...and time is ticking on :mellow:

We are not in the best place unfortunately. CAPE values diminishing to almost 0 as the afternoon wears on.......that more northern cell over Powys just disintegrated which highlights the unfavourable conditions it experienced as it tracked north.

Frequent rumbles to the north now. If it were nighttime I'd have a great view of any lightning, but it's not so I'll have to make do with the thunder. It's pretty large though this storm and we have a poopload of midges in the back garden. Gotta love this weather!