Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion Uk

Coast

Posted

Yeah we need the rain.

The weather across IoW and Somerset is the trough and the weather in Cornwall looks as if it is the occluded front so I don't think there will be any activity.

Posted

I generally use this for lightning, apart from the odd false strike it is pretty good compaired to most others which miss some and often aren't so accurate..

http://andvari.vedur...r/i_dag_na.html Past 24 hours.

http://andvari.vedur...gar/index.html? Or past week.

Shows some sefrics over SW Cornwall.

I must say it's pretty frustrating watching a heavy shower streamer pass literally 2 miles to my north at times for hours on end this evening! Was hoping for some rain before the spell is out but torrential stuff has missed me by 1-2 miles twice.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

very gusty winds here in Wellington tonight ,can't imagine that there will be any thundery actiivity tonight and not sure about any rain either.

Posted

Wellington Littlemissy? Wellington Somerset by any chance. Did you ever hang out around the swimming pool in the early 80s? lol

I generally use this for lightning, apart from the odd false strike it is pretty good compaired to most others which miss some and often aren't so accurate..

http://andvari.vedur...r/i_dag_na.html Past 24 hours.

http://andvari.vedur...gar/index.html? Or past week.

Shows some sefrics over SW Cornwall.

I must say it's pretty frustrating watching a heavy shower streamer pass literally 2 miles to my north at times for hours on end this evening! Was hoping for some rain before the spell is out but torrential stuff has missed me by 1-2 miles twice.

Yeah thats a good one data from the meto

Posted

Going to be a bit quiet for a while now, even 8th May onwards looks below anything worth worrying about:

MU_London_avn.png

MU_Manchester_avn.png

MU_Aberdeen_avn.png

Posted

Wellington Littlemissy? Wellington Somerset by any chance. Did you ever hang out around the swimming pool in the early 80s? lol

Yeah thats a good one data from the meto

No I didn't ,didn't move to Welly till '91.

And for the record just after I posted the no rain either quote it chucked it down ! :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

No storm here but it's incredibly windy, blowing a gale.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I can't remember a time when we have had so many sunny days in a row. bit windy and a bit chilly in the shade this morning. No sign of thunderstorms in the near future by the looks maybee a few sferics in cornwall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Storm risk from looking better for the weekend and for next monday so i hope to see my 1st storm soon but it will change before then :D

Hi Stu,:D

My storm risk is looking promising for Saturday too.:drunk:

Not to sure about Monday yet, but will at some point look at the charts. Let's hope you get a storm as you really deserve one. I'm still waiting on my tin cans Lol :lol:

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Good Luck jane for sat I will sent you some tin cans :lol: :lol:

:lol:Lol, much appreciated Stu, I will need to set them up before the weekend.:winky:I have a feeling this timeyou may be in luck and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you as always.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

:lol:Lol, much appreciated Stu, I will need to set them up before the weekend.:winky:I have a feeling this timeyou may be in luck and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you as always.:D

Hi JL,

If the current charts become reality, then we could have a mouth watering May in prospect!

Naturally, these are well in advance for any real discussion to be had IMO, heavily subject to change!

BUT, warmth returning and a strong southerly/southeasterly a possibility for many :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Blowing a gale out there- but it least it's sunny for a change!

Blowing a gale out there- but it least it's sunny for a change!

Just checked- we're averaging a Force 6-7- so a near gale- not good for thunderstorms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Hmm we got yet more Mid level Cumulus and plenty of AcCas all around us, and the stuff to our south is almost shower size so interest too see :)

Posted

I think those lucky French will be hogging all the action again today - and possibly for a while!

Posted

Significant high based towers to my SW associated with the rain over Somerset / Devon. A few sferics recorded too.

Posted

Today has been really dominated by the wind. There have been varying amounts of Ac, some Ac Cas, but no significant development except the wind which at 1500 was ENE 30 mph gusting 53. But it may be interesting to keep an eye on the large amount of storm activity over the Brest Peninsula in the next few hours There is a thunderstorm at Alencon at noon.

EUMETSAT_MSG_RGB-12-12-9i-segment6.jpg

Edited by weather ship

Posted

steadily pouring with rain here .It has warmed up a bit and the wind has dropped.No thunder or lightning so far.