• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Morning all,:)

Another good day ahead of us :D. Looks even better then yesterday, could even be a tornado or 2 thrown in. I think everybody has a better chance today then yesterday. :)

Posted

I do hope you are right Jane Louise, I am feeling rather storm starved at the moment, haven't had a decent storm for a couple of years now :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I do hope you are right Jane Louise, I am feeling rather storm starved at the moment, haven't had a decent storm for a couple of years now :(

Awww, chin up Louby :)

It certainly looks more promising then yesterday. Estofex has a good forecast, even GFS seems to agree and the MO have mentioned the T word :o The rainfall radars are looking excellent this morning. Hmmm now, I think I need about 10 coffee's to keep me awake for the day lol.:lol:

Posted

Same here, did you get the rain and thunder this morning ?

I know we got the rain as the other half was up and down most of the night and he mentioned how heavy it was, but haven't heard any thunder :( might have snuck by whilst I was giving it large on the zzzzzzz's

Awww, chin up Louby :)

It certainly looks more promising then yesterday. Estofex has a good forecast, even GFS seems to agree and the MO have mentioned the T word :o The rainfall radars are looking excellent this morning. Hmmm now, I think I need about 10 coffee's to keep me awake for the day lol.:lol:

I'll make you a latte or 5 to keep you going :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Sad to see that the IOW live storm data has been taken off line by last night's server overload. Hope you guys get it sorted.

Woke this morning to long low rumbles and heavy rain, currently dark, grey and wet here but looks like clearing in the next couple of hours.

Posted

Morning all. Finally got some kip around 2am and looking at the radar it was the best choice, seeing nothing else significant passed through locally. The remnants of the MCS now taking that Northerly component I was mentioning last night so will soon be crossing into Central/Northern England throughout the day.

Aside from forcing creating localised convective cells within the system itself, behind this (once skies clear) more storms should pop up by the time the clouds dissipate and follow the northerly component behind the MCS (by which time will be over Scotland in the early afternoon.)

Posted

Just been observing the radar, and I'm rather surprised at how quickly these storms seem to be moving Northwards

Posted

last night rain started about 10pm then Thunder and Lighing just after that and i got woekn up with big crack of thunder 1.15 this morning all in all I am happy :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

and more on the way :D

Posted

Just had some ridiculously heavy rain over swindon for the last 20 mins. No electrical activity again though! Getting silly now.

Edited by slinky1989

Posted

Sad to see that the IOW live storm data has been taken off line by last night's server overload. Hope you guys get it sorted.

For those that don't have NW extra radar or another Strikestar detector source, Guernsey is still online:

http://www.cwgsy.net/private/pagea/StormVueJ.html

Had two big rumbles of thunder at 5.30 here, which bodes well for later today I hope!

125542.gif

I'll just go and check the charts and stick some in the detailed discussion thread.

Posted

Have just looked at the met weather page and is it me or has the area that is moving up tonight shifted some what..

The black area is where it was currently set to go, the red area is the new predicated area ?? What do people think?

?

Yep, I thought that it had shifted, an looking at the BBC this morning, they are showing more significant rain for my area tonight/ tomorrow. May not get any storms, but we'll see. 70 miles further East, or some import running through Kent, Essex, Suffolk might get here.....

I live in hope

Posted

I think I'm too far east for tonight action...

Good grief, you've started early :rolleyes:

the other half was up and down most of the night and he mentioned how heavy it was

Tell Mr Carp to lay off the Guinness!

Posted

got woken up by the rain this morning but didnt hear any thunder...

Edited by bobbydog

Yep, I thought that it had shifted, an looking at the BBC this morning, they are showing more significant rain for my area tonight/ tomorrow. May not get any storms, but we'll see. 70 miles further East, or some import running through Kent, Essex, Suffolk might get here.....

I live in hope

I hope so, I live in north Surrey so im a further west than you, but good luck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

No storms here last night, hoping for better today/tonight.

Nearly had as much rain though last night, than I did for the whole of April, was isn't that surprising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

For those that don't have NW extra radar or another Strikestar detector source, Guernsey is still online:

http://www.cwgsy.net/private/pagea/StormVueJ.html

Thanks for the link Coast, I can see again!

Edited by wallopweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just looked at met office and they have this for wales for tonight:

"A more general area of heavy and thundery rain will spread across many places by midnight."

Is this still likely to happen??

Have to say last night, though not having a direct thunderstorm was still good with around 1- 2 hours of lightning 5-8+ miles away!! Would like to get an actual thunderstorm overhead though today :)

Headline:

Very warm. Sunny spells and showers or thunderstorms.

Today:

Hampshire and the Isle of Wight sunny intervals and showers or thunderstorms. Elsewhere showers or thunderstorms will occur, mainly early this morning, with isolated showers and very warm sunny periods following for the rest of the day. Maximum temperature 25 °C.

Tonight:

Showers or thunderstorms initially across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. Then areas of heavy and sometimes thundery rain will arrive, and gradually spread northeastwards to reach most places overnight. Minimum temperature 12 °C.

Sunday:

Rain, often heavy and sometimes thundery, soon clearing north during the morning. Isolated showers may follow for a time, but most places will become dry with sunny periods developing. Maximum temperature 21 °C.

My local forcast and for anybody else in the London, South east

Posted

morning everyone, well was a quiet night here, not a drop of rain let alone a good storm, here is hoping for something today/tonight. very cloudy here at the mo.