Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

A bit disapointing so far, not much activity showing up and the time of peak surface heating will be over as its 3pm??

no ya got a few more hours of heatin' yet.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

21'c needed for convective initiation. Currently 16.3'c here and rising continually from just 14'c at midday, Sunset isn't for another 6 hours from now so plenty of time for heating to continue on.

Posted

still dull and overcast here, been spells of moderate rain earlier this afternoon but thats gone, apparently i am in the risk zone for a thunderstorm,but it does not look convincing, feels slighty humid but not that much, i can see brighter skies now to south as i am typing this, lets hope any storms that brew in the midlands drift towards north west england later

Posted

Currently 20.6°C here now so hopefully not to long before things get going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Just ticked over to 18.0C here with the humidity at 82%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

dont panic! most of the storms didnt start untill 6 last night so i reckon that will be the case again tonight, Much more favourable conditions to

Last nights storms were moving up from the south cross country, apart from some light to moderate rain on the radar atm over N England anfd S Scotland there is nothing of interest.... Favourable conditions yes, anything happening no (atm anyway)

Last night in my area would be a tough act to beat anyway :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

as some have posted , 3 storms have kicked off ahead of the band here in scotland. Main band about 15-30 mins away from me now , probs just bring rain :lol: , better clear through quick!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Think it will be more of an evening show now, perhaps not terribly widespread for storms though.

Oh, my webcam caught a flash in the distance last night (Yawcam motion detection software)!

post-2595-0-08238800-1304777076_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Hoping for something to breakout along the Irish Sea here and clip Eastern parts of Northern Ireland, doesn't look favourable Cape and LI wise but maybe a surviving wayward storm. Just starting to spit here with the remnants of last nights action in England, looks very died out though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Last nights storms were moving up from the south cross country, apart from some light to moderate rain on the radar atm over N England anfd S Scotland there is nothing of interest.... Favourable conditions yes, anything happening no (atm anyway)

Last night in my area would be a tough act to beat anyway :)

well lets wait and see with fingers crossed! would be nice if something came here havnt had storm overhead for 372 days lol but nature hates me

Hi guys,

A little confused so maybe one of the more experienced members can shed light, the NMM model (precipitation rate charts) shows a heavy pulse/organized band of precipitation pushing Northwards from the south tonight into the early hours. I have looked at the CAPE and LI values, both for ML cape and surface based, and it's very poor.

Is the precipitation tonight expected to be of a thundery/electrical nature, or just very heavy rainfall?

thanks

Edited by Stormcast

Posted

With temps already about to reach the trigger point (if some places not already above it), and high CAPE -li in the forecast area already in place, i'm more than happy nothings happening yet. this gives us a good window in which all the avaliable content comes together and no limiting factors like the cloud-shield before come into play.

watch the satellite and Radars later on in the early evening for the first signs of accumulated tCU buildup. From there it'll be a explosive event with towers forming well high into the soundings, significant threat of hail within the cores will be accompanying this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Up to 21C here in south staffs, but alas, plenty of cloud cover with only the odd chink of sunshine, mainly stratocumulus clouds which is disappointing...Still, on the bright side, all the ingredients are available, just a question of waiting and seeing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Nothing but grey skies with the odd break up here in Morley, Leeds. Looks like you lot down south had all the fun last night. How selfish of you. At least you could have sent one our way!!!!!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

22C here, Sunny and VERY humid!

Game on for later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

A lot more high cloud here now, which possibly might prevent convective storms during daylight hours?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

not sure how acurate my weather station is but it reads as follows

humidity 41%

temp 26.7

dew point 12.4

pressure 1007.5

Posted

A lot of cloud stopping the sun breaking through. Temp here is 22c

post-15167-0-17113500-1304777981_thumb.g

Edit someone stole the british isles lol

Edited by xtwenty5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

not sure how acurate my weather station is but it reads as follows

humidity 41%

temp 26.7

dew point 12.4

pressure 1007.5

Not very as it's only maxing out at 23C at manston

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Posted · Hidden by chrisbell-nottheweatherman, May 7, 2011 - Member has placed location in profile
Hidden by chrisbell-nottheweatherman, May 7, 2011 - Member has placed location in profile

A lot of cloud stopping the sun breaking through. Temp here is 22c

post-15167-0-17113500-1304777981_thumb.g

Can you put your location in your profile, please, so that we know where "here" is?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Far too cloudy imo. Going to be close as to whether any surfaced based action kicks off i think.